2009 Festival Dates

hurricane

For those already planning for next year, the dates should be as follows (unless I'm reading the Mayan calendar by mistake):

Fort Fest is: Thursday, Dec. 3 through Sunday, Dec. 6.

For those with more time to burn, PiP begins Nov. 27 and continues through Dec. 6.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Is there any chance we could get the camping dates extended for the whole thing? Some of us can't afford the hotel fare. I mean, I could buy a full-scale 3 pounder or a pair of blunderbusses for what I would spend on room and board that I don't provide myself.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Is there any chance we could get the camping dates extended for the whole thing? Some of us can't afford the hotel fare. I mean, I could buy a full-scale 3 pounder or a pair of blunderbusses for what I would spend on room and board that I don't provide myself.

We will do our best for that Jim. We will be able to provide information as to availability of Fort camping by March of 2009.

We will do our best for that Jim. We will be able to provide information as to availability of Fort camping by March of 2009.

Hmm... I am willing to bet that plenty of pirates would be willing to put in some work for those extra days.... OK, so we would do any work you need anyways, but as far as the fort goes... they could think of it as free labor in trade for extra camping :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Hmm... I am willing to bet that plenty of pirates would be willing to put in some work for those extra days.... OK, so we would do any work you need anyways, but as far as the fort goes... they could think of it as free labor in trade for extra camping :)

Seconded.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

See, the more days we can do camping, the more days of labor you get from pirates cause they can afford to be there.

Honestly I know the BIB's broke their darn backs setting things up.... more hands can help. Not to mention we could do the mundane tasks like raking the grounds before we set the first tents, then raking the grounds for the rest of the tents.... Heck, SPike, if you think the Fort cares, let me know and I will make a darn list of all the things that early campers could do.

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

See, the more days we can do camping, the more days of labor you get from pirates cause they can afford to be there.

Honestly I know the BIB's broke their darn backs setting things up.... more hands can help. Not to mention we could do the mundane tasks like raking the grounds before we set the first tents, then raking the grounds for the rest of the tents.... Heck, SPike, if you think the Fort cares, let me know and I will make a darn list of all the things that early campers could do.

Great idea and I know that the BIB would welcome the hands. The folks at the Fort luv us, but I don't think we will get a committment until the "new guy" gets into his office. But a list would surely help show the value of having us Pyrats around the Park.

Motion seconded ! Thanks!

Great idea and I know that the BIB would welcome the hands. The folks at the Fort luv us, but I don't think we will get a committment until the "new guy" gets into his office. But a list would surely help show the value of having us Pyrats around the Park.

Motion seconded ! Thanks!

Woohoo!!! Spike seconded my motion!!!

Well, let's see...... off the top of my head....there's....

a general clean up of all the areas that we will be using before hand. It's good that they're clean for us as well as for the park.

Clean up during the fest to keep the place clean.

raking and smoothing of the encampment area...

Trash buckets to be put out for the encampment (as well as inside the fort)

fire buckets in place at the encampments as well as water in the main bucket.

Setting up of any of the tents, game tables, or anything else that needs to be set up pre fest.

Take care of early registration and check ins (train a couple of people for this and make them the cell phone numbers to call so Harry can sleep in a day or two) Heck, I'm an early riser...which means so is my crewe since i wake them up, so any of us could do that.

Security, to make sure there is always someone on site during the pre days keeping the public out of things they shouldn't be in.

That's a start.... feel free to add those who know what else needs to be done!

Diosa

Edited by Goddess in the Bodice

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

I will certainly check that out when the new park manager comes aboard. What a way to break them in!

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

We must all consider the additional expense of having us on the beach for additional time. The port-o-johns were useless by the weekend as it was.

That having been said ...I am up for an early arrival if i can swing it. hope to have a new job and location by then so I may not have the needed time available to commit to it.

They don't call themselves Waste(d) Management for nothing! I think there were enough port-o-pots, but there was a miscommunication on gettting them pumped out.

If there's one thing I learned from high school civics and college poly sci, residents are happy when the trash gets picked up and the heads are clean and working. :unsure: At least we were somewhat successful with that and for 2009 the situation will be improved.

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

-------

Seconded.

I'm in.

3ff66f1f.jpg

Woohoo!!! Spike seconded my motion!!!

Well, let's see...... off the top of my head....there's...................................................."

That's a start.... feel free to add those who know what else needs to be done!

Diosa

Diosa, got yer emails and suggestions. Please keep them coming. We should have the last part of breakdown down this weekend and then a little decompression time. We are then gping to compile all the suggestions and start a thread on proposed changes to PIP and 9 days at the Fort. Thanks again and if anyone else has any suggestions you can post them or email them to spikekeywest@yahoo.com.

Please do, I am watching this thread to see how to help, but at the moment can make no promises as I am one of the designated drivers of crewe crap... and nine times out of ten, I'm exhausted before I even get there... but if I can help... you know I will.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Hey... I can rake and tote stuff wit th' best a' them....

It would be great if we could arrive (and camp) a little earlier and leave a little later, Doing some "grunt" work in trade sounds fair....

I will certainly check that out when the new park manager comes aboard. What a way to break them in!

Yeah..... show him (or Her) wot nice scummy hard workin' Pyrates we be...... :D

Would a "captain" be official enough??

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Somebody "official" write a note to my teachers excusing me from classes and I'll work like a mule! (and almost as smart too!) :angry:

Bo

How about a note from the Commanding General of the Conch Republic Army? I'd be happy to put it my official stationary, too. Yet another of my roles in this wacky world...

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

-------

Somebody "official" write a note to my teachers excusing me from classes and I'll work like a mule! (and almost as smart too!) :angry:

Bo

How about a note from the Commanding General of the Conch Republic Army? I'd be happy to put it my official stationary, too. Yet another of my roles in this wacky world...

Aye, that'd do. Just tell them that 'e's been conscripted in the War on Terriers (Madd Dogges all.)

3ff66f1f.jpg

Hellyah! I'll try 'em all! :rolleyes:

Ma'Dogge, haven't forgotten the cartrige thing, but I loaned my three-ring binder with all that info and more to the quartermaster of my former Civil War unit, and he went and re-joined the REAL army and went to Afghanistan, so I don't know the status of my notebook. Sorry, will keep trying.

Bo