2009 Festival Dates

hurricane

Bo,

I have been to PiP 3 times. Write the letter & send it to Harry. You just may get your wish. Plus I am sure there would be someone that you could travel with at least part of the way. Think on it but don't wait too long! ...This from the woman who has almost developed procrastination into an art form ...if she didn't keep putting it off.

• 4 months later...

I was just checking to see if the festival schedule has been updated and I noticed the date at the top of the page has changed a little. It says PIP is beginning on the 28th. Is this correct? I could swear it used to say the 27th.

http://www.piratesinparadise.com/schedule/index.html

For those planning on camping, This is taken from the website.

2009 Pirate Fest Schedule

The 2009 dates for the Fort Festival portion of Pirates in Paradise is Dec. 3-6, 2009.

Camps will be set up Dec. 1-3 and will need to break down by the end of the day on the 7th.

The 2009 registration forms for participants and vendors will be available in the near future.

We ask that you complete the form, print it out and mail it to the address on the form. Registration closes November 1, 2009. It is important to fill out and mail the forms as it allows participants to have insurance coverage in the event of a mishap.

Edited by Haunting Lily

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

The festival is Dec. 28 - Nov. 6. The 2008 schedule is still up, so the days are one day off right now.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I know the 2008 festival schedule is still up. I'm referring to what is written at the top of the page in the header just below the title. "Pirates in Paradise Festival Key West, Florida Nov. 28 - Dec. 6, 2009"

The dates for 2008 were Nov 29th- Dec 7th. You stated in Dec.

"For those already planning for next year, the dates should be as follows (unless I'm reading the Mayan calendar by mistake):

Fort Fest is: Thursday, Dec. 3 through Sunday, Dec. 6.

For those with more time to burn, PiP begins Nov. 27 and continues through Dec. 6.

-- Hurricane

Believe it or not, people are making arrangements and putting in their vacation requests. One day does make a difference.

Edited by Haunting Lily

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

That's why I'm a writer, not a mathematician. :)

the full festival is Nov. 28 - Dec. 6 this year.

For those planning for the future, the festival traditionally starts on the Saturday following Thanksgiving and goes 10 days out so that two weekends are covered with events and activities. The fort fest is the second weekend, covering Thursday through Sunday each year. So, in 2010, PiP should be Nov. 27 through Dec. 5 with the Fort Fest, Dec. 2-5, 2010.

Hope that makes more sense.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

No problem. As soon as a few more details are confirmed, I'll be posting the 2009 Pirates in Paradise schedule on the site. Lots of stuff for the 10th anniversary celebration!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

• 4 weeks later...

AS it sits... I have Dec 1st thru the 7th ( Tues - Mon ).... I'm also trying for the 8th and 9th...which will connect my time off on the 10th 1th and 12th!!

Is weds the 2nd thru weds the 9th ok for getting to the fort... Rats will be camping under the stars???

Edited by Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

For your first time, the events in the fort are probably the ticket. Wednesday (Dec. 2nd) - Monday (Dec. 7th) is just about right. You'll most likely be less than cogent on Monday, so I suggest scheduling your departure for later in the day. There are other events going on around town before Thursday, but I don't think the fort will allow you to set up camp before a certain day - isn't it Wednesday?

I personally like to stay an extra day to get my head straight and recover from some of the exhaustion, but it's a little depressing. Suddenly, after 5+ days of non-stop dressing up as a pirate and hanging out with friends (new and old), constant action, excitement and fun...you find yourself in a mostly empty park with everyone gone. I suggest if you stay a few days post-event that you plan to do something to stave off the dolor that comes with realizing that the world is only like PiP for a few days. (Fortunately, there are lots of things to do on Key West if you go that route.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well mate, considering the circumstances... I might just stay there and get a job!!

For your first time, the events in the fort are probably the ticket. Wednesday (Dec. 2nd) - Monday (Dec. 7th) is just about right. You'll most likely be less than cogent on Monday, so I suggest scheduling your departure for later in the day. There are other events going on around town before Thursday, but I don't think the fort will allow you to set up camp before a certain day - isn't it Wednesday?

I personally like to stay an extra day to get my head straight and recover from some of the exhaustion, but it's a little depressing. Suddenly, after 5+ days of non-stop dressing up as a pirate and hanging out with friends (new and old), constant action, excitement and fun...you find yourself in a mostly empty park with everyone gone. I suggest if you stay a few days post-event that you plan to do something to stave off the dolor that comes with realizing that the world is only like PiP for a few days. (Fortunately, there are lots of things to do on Key West if you go that route.)

sig2.jpg

Thanks my dear!

I believe we have to be out of the fort on Monday. There's plenty of options for extended stays. I think we'll be there until the 11th

Happy Birthday Rats

sig2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any chance we could get the camping dates extended for the whole thing? Some of us can't afford the hotel fare. I mean, I could buy a full-scale 3 pounder or a pair of blunderbusses for what I would spend on room and board that I don't provide myself.

Jim, we can begin camping at the Fort on Dec 1st. That is the earliest I could get with management changes. For 2010 I will attempt to extend that time. We must leave the Fort on that Monday, Dec 7 by close of the park. I hope that helps and perhaps Julie can provide some hotel space from our sponsors. I do not organize or have any say who gets in the the hotel rooms that are provided by PIP sponsors. Perhaps Hurricane can speak to Julie about access to rooms for the first weekends events, since they are not at the Fort. Just a thought.