Surgeon's Journal '08

Mission

Bloody brilliant as always Misson!!!

I think somehow I only found about half the East eggs though... I'm going to have to go back and reread it w few times. Admittedly reading it at work, I had to rush it a bit, so I would very much like to reread it again just so I can fully savour and enjoy it more.

Michael_banner.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mentioned easter eggs in your post, and I was just about to ask where they were, but I see Brig's hard at work editing them. Looking forward to those.

They're already there! :lol: I'll just be proofing them over the next few days, and our ship's surgeon-turned-journalist can decide what he wants to do with the results when he's through being thin and beautiful in Mexico. Or however that went.

Edited by Brig

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

Ahem...Mission, you know you want one. Thanks for the movie quote. (I found the "real" quote...guess I spotted two. Marcus would be proud.)

By the way, the actual Conquistador raid story is different than your account. But you tell it so well, and it gave me a good laugh. And so the story sticks...at least one recollection of it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Cpt Sophia M Eisley

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Brilliant Mission! Simply Brilliant! Thanks so very much for an incredible log of our adventures (and misadventures...)! What a marvelous piece of work. Only 291 days until you can start the 2009 version. I, for one hope you will continue this tradition, as it made me laugh out loud, love my PiP family, and miss ye all!

BRAVO!

Keep up the good work Mission...tis about time ye did something! :rolleyes:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Stynky, I am unpinning this now that the web page is done as I said I would. (Pinned topics are easier to ignore IMO.) Ouch, my toes!

. . .

Lost 20 pounds so far.

Shut up and let it ride for a while, I still haven't gotten around to reading - rereading and reliving all of it just yet - so leave it alone.

Oh, and Congratulations on the losing weight thing - breaking that re-enactor stereotype - good for you!

Stynky, I am unpinning this now that the web page is done as I said I would. (Pinned topics are easier to ignore IMO.) Ouch, my toes!

Shut up and let it ride for a while, I still haven't gotten around to reading - rereading and reliving all of it just yet - so leave it alone.

:huh: Did you happen to notice the topic died when you re-pinned it? Fine, fine, fine. I have one additional extra page to add now that I am not stressed about finishing this thing for Brig and Cpt. Sophia. So I will start a new topic for people not to respond to since you seem to be saying you can't find topics unless they're trapped here in no man's land.

:huh:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

See what I mean?

BTW, for everyone's info, the text of the web page and the journal at the beginning of this thread are essentially the same. I have cleaned up the text for the web page (grammar, spelling and whatnot). I have edited some material for length, added some material to match the pics and re-arranged parts so that the subjects are better grouped to match the pictures. Some bits have even been moved from the main text to the Easter Egg or extra pages. I also added a new introduction that may or may not improve the journal.

However, I'd guess 90 - 95% of the material is the same on the web page as it is here. So you don't have to re-read the long, poorly edited and picture-less posts in this thread unless you want to see how I type when I'm drunk and/or tired; you can just read it on the web page. Some people claim it helps them to remember the event.

To be quite honest, the true goal of the web page is so that you can share it with friends that you want to go to PiP. That way they can see one (allegedly) humorous account of what happened there, which should bring some of the fun home to them. (Well, that's the goal.) Plus I just like having created things, even though I do not always like creating them. (OTOH, it may just come off as if you were being forced to look through someone's vacation snap shots. :lol: )

Oh, and thanks to everyone for your comments. Very few of the pics are mine, I just arranged them, re-sized and cropped them to fit the pages and (in some cases) edited them a little.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 3 months later...

Ok, I'm sicka' trying to find the "secret" stuff on my own website in the Surgeon's Journal. For those of you who didn't know, the Surgeon's Journal web page features a bunch of "hidden" links to other pages for various things at PiP last year. (They're not very well hidden - you just roll your mouse over photos and see if there's a link. However, people have complained that they get caught up in the text and forget to do this.) Since there is no index to these pages on the page and the web page creator (me) can't find the damned things without opening it up in edit mode, I am fixing this. See, I use the Pub as my back-up navigational tool for my own site. So I'm listing all the extra (or Easter Egg) pages here, mostly for my own reference. For those of you who weren't sure you found all of them a few months back, you now have the map.

Here is the first page of the Surgeon's Journal PiP '08.

The extra pages include:

"Organized" Events: The Buxom Wench and Bad Ass Pirate Contest -- The Walk the Plank Contest -- El Meson Party after Walk the Plank Contest -- Friday Flag Procession into the Fort -- Sunday's Dead Man's Chest Auction -- Sunday's Locks of Love Auction-- Sunday's Hanging of Captain Sterling

Battle-Related Pages: Friday - First Battle -- Saturday - Second Battle -- Saturday - Pirates Take Fort Taylor -- Sunday - Third Battle -- All Girl's Cannon Crew -- M.A. d'Dogge's Cannon Crew

Informal Events: Conquestadors Abduct Captain Spike -- Dutch (bcddutchman) Explains Period Navigation -- Firing to Salute the Sunset -- Sunset Itself -- Fort Ghost-Hunting Tours -- The Process of Making Salmagundi -- Stynky's Drunken Hat Swap Game

Places of Interest: Encampments -- The Sealkies Hide -- Vendors and Such

Interesting Characters: Crudbeard & Oreo -- Harry -- Mae & Brig dunked by M.A. d'Dogge -- The Tryal of Stynky Tudor -- Morgan Drake -- The Thatchers and, of course, last, but certainly not least Lob

And one extra special one featuring Grace Thatcher's Baby Lion Gift to Mission the Surgeon: Baby Lion Visits Mexico

I am putting this in the first post as well so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Mission_banner5.JPG