Surgeon's Journal '08

Mission

So, this explains why, in my husbands memory, it's always me who moved some thing that he can't currently locate.

He's aware he's lost it, and recalls my having moved things, a high point, being that he doesn't have to clean up the clutter himself..... 2+2 = her fault ....as for female dinosaurs switching sex and breeding well...enough said!

You apparently didn't train him right. If there's one thing I learned in my four years of wedded bliss it was that the man is always wrong. :rolleyes:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh he's well versed in "Yes Dear!" , but he tries none the less. Chrispy isn't exactly one to admit he's lost. He will claim deaf and blind though. aaaaaahh... marriage..... the blind leading the blind :rolleyes:

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Oh he's well versed in "Yes Dear!" , but he tries none the less. Chrispy isn't exactly one to admit he's lost. He will claim deaf and blind though. aaaaaahh... marriage..... the blind leading the blind :rolleyes:

HUH?

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

You should hold the last series of photos for ransom. I am very curious to see some of them... (Mary loaned me her camera carte blanche on the night Stynky tried to drown us all in mead. There's something about switching hats on there...)

Oh my stars and garters....the mead....the hat merry-go-round...THE MEAD! ("No, really, it's ALREADY FULL, STYNKY!!") Although, I do believe there has already been a photo put up in a certain blonde's photo bucket of Madd d'Dogge in a lovely bonnet...

("I swear by my pretty floral bonnet...I will end you")

Deleting a major GABA receptor subunit equals increased inhibition in that neuron. . .

Now don't go blaming any of this on me - I remember when I had my first drink - I think.

Well, um, maybe I don't.

But it's not like I be pouring stuff down your damn throats. . . Or did I? I can't remember.

If you'll recall sir, I deliberately ran away from you despite several entreaties to come back. (My mug was always full and I duly noted that it was you pouring the nectar in every time I took a sip. As the horizon dipped and swayed of its own accord, I knew I had to get away from Mr. Mead and go find some water.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

ok...great job mission...but a few minor corrections.....

National Walk the Plank Competion:

i plead guilty..then pulled out my pardons....from the Emperor of Canaidia,...Pope of Japan...Queen Latifa of America....King Raul of England...Viceroy of Antartica...Elvis the King....Mickeal Jackson the King of Pop....and lastly my uncle Vinney of Detroit....

not taking any of those pardons...i to pulled me treasure map....and told them to write down my last words for my tombstone....the final words of Methusala Aluitious d'Dogge....the final epitapht of the M.A.d'Dogge...my final words are.....(the map flys outta me hand and into the drynk)...."oh crap!!!".....as i go diving for it!!!!

and as far as climbing that dang blasted fence twice...first time i was thought tthe combo was 1868...instesad of 1862.....the second time i remembered from last year that they changed the combo every night....so i asked my fellow brethern and my crewe before i headed out to fullfill my obligations to walk in the parade....some yelled out 23...4.....200046.......but then my captain...captain sterling....looking me straight in the eye....says ....1423.....which i rember at 3 am when i come back.....liars all ya.....the combo had not changed....it was still 1862...though i still thought it was 1868.....

so....twice...at 'bout 3 am.....on rolling sea legs (couldnt find me land leggs)....whith a half full mug o'ale....me loyalist square toed high heeled shoes....brand new silk hosen....a pipe in me mouth...made it over the 12 chain link fence...with barbed wire top.....

and made it witout spilling a drop of ale.....(tore me hose...lost 1 of my shoes...ripped my coat...lost my 13th button on my britches)...but i did not spill a drop!!!

damn.... i felt like a pyrate!!!!

MadDogge - That's awful that you had to climb over the fence...I knew a few folks who had to because they didn't fully remember the combo either. I was so out of it getting back that I put it in upside down and backwards for a moment, then realized it and fixed it (and huzzah, it worked!). Here's to yah for not spilling a drop of your ale though. That takes talent! :lol:

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

ok...great job mission...but a few minor corrections.....

National Walk the Plank Competion:

i plead guilty..then pulled out my pardons....from the Emperor of Canaidia,...Pope of Japan...Queen Latifa of America....King Raul of England...Viceroy of Antartica...Elvis the King....Mickeal Jackson the King of Pop....and lastly my uncle Vinney of Detroit....

not taking any of those pardons...i to pulled me treasure map....and told them to write down my last words for my tombstone....the final words of Methusala Aluitious d'Dogge....the final epitapht of the M.A.d'Dogge...my final words are.....(the map flys outta me hand and into the drynk)...."oh crap!!!".....as i go diving for it!!!!

and as far as climbing that dang blasted fence twice...first time i was thought tthe combo was 1868...instesad of 1862.....the second time i remembered from last year that they changed the combo every night....so i asked my fellow brethern and my crewe before i headed out to fullfill my obligations to walk in the parade....some yelled out 23...4.....200046.......but then my captain...captain sterling....looking me straight in the eye....says ....1423.....which i rember at 3 am when i come back.....liars all ya.....the combo had not changed....it was still 1862...though i still thought it was 1868.....

so....twice...at 'bout 3 am.....on rolling sea legs (couldnt find me land leggs)....whith a half full mug o'ale....me loyalist square toed high heeled shoes....brand new silk hosen....a pipe in me mouth...made it over the 12 chain link fence...with barbed wire top.....

and made it witout spilling a drop of ale.....(tore me hose...lost 1 of my shoes...ripped my coat...lost my 13th button on my britches)...but i did not spill a drop!!!

damn.... i felt like a pyrate!!!!

MadDogge - That's awful that you had to climb over the fence...I knew a few folks who had to because they didn't fully remember the combo either. I was so out of it getting back that I put it in upside down and backwards for a moment, then realized it and fixed it (and huzzah, it worked!). Here's to yah for not spilling a drop of your ale though. That takes talent! :ph34r:

course i ripped my silk hose...gashed me..."very high thigh"...tore me coat...ripped me shirt....and popped me "13th" button on me britches....but no dearry...i didano spill a drop of ale!!! :ph34r:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

course i ripped my silk hose...gashed me..."very high thigh"...tore me coat...ripped me shirt....and popped me "13th" button on me britches....but no dearry...i didano spill a drop of ale!!! :ph34r:

Another of my favorite MD quotes from that night:

"There goes my shirt again! Did you guys hear that?"

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

• 3 weeks later...

Jee-zous! We're slow here at work, so I copied all that crap into word to prep it for correction and translation and it's 25 pages in 12 point! I think some editing is in order... I have been awaiting the Callahan's public shots before proceeding to build the page, however. This is just prep work.

BTW, I don't yet know what photos I'll use, but I would like permission to use them from the folks who posted photos. If you don't give me permission, I will assume you do not want me to put your photos on my website and thus won't touch them. Fair is fair.

Mary Diamond, Cpt Sophia, Haunting Lily and Jessi have given me permission. I have generously decided to give myself permission to use my photos, with the exception of the really sucky ones. The Callahans give permission carte blanche to PiP attendees, God bless 'em. Grace also gave me permission at PiP, but never posted her photos.

Here are all the photo sites I have found for PiP '08:

Kate and Mickey Souris' Photos

My Photos

Cheeky's Photos

Cpt Sophia M. Eisley's Photos

withoutaname's Photos

Spike's Photos

Silas Thatcher's Photos

RedJessi's Photos

Mary Diamond's Photos

My Photos from Mary Diamond's Camera

Haunting Lily's Photos

The Callahan's Photos (Some day...)

BTW, dutch - if you give me info on your little rowboat project and any links to websites or whatever you might have (and photos of the board that Grace showed me), I'll plug that for you.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Mission, I remember you mentioning one night at the fort what a chore it could be to keep this journal up. I can't even imagine trying to remember all these details, much less taking the time to write them all down when there were probably a dozen other fun things to be doing in Key West.

Just know that your account is much appreciated by those who attended, and probably just as much or more by those who weren't able to be there. :)

-Nightwish

I am reminded of Tony Fry (Tales of the South Pacific) who was always asked if wanted to come out on the PT Boat missions. He protested loudly and said things about never getting him on one of those leaky boneshakers...and then he'd always show up at the dock just as they were leaving with a rusty carbine slung over his shoulder.

That's Mission kvetching about his journals before he slings that dusty laptop over his shoulder. "I better check on them and see what those pirates are up to," he mutters as he wanders into the fort, looking for things to write about.

"I hate writing. I love having written." -Dorothy Parker

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carroll was infinitely more exciting than being Alice." -Joyce Carol Oates

Say, does anyone know if Sutler John was the other PC vendor at PiP this year? I want to put a bit in the Journal about his shop.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Thanks Fayma. Do you know if he has a web page for his stuff?

Mission_banner5.JPG

Urg! All edited. If I dislike being chained to finishing the writing of these things, I absolutely despise editing my material. It's sort of ironic, because I've gotten pretty good at it.

It is nice to go back and re-read it, though. You forget how much you've forgotten.

Now I have to collect some photos...

Mission_banner5.JPG

Thanks Fayma. Do you know if he has a web page for his stuff?

'Allo this Jim from Old Sutler John,

at present the web site is out of commission, what with moving from Va to Fla it kinda got lost in the shuffle of priorities.

The focus of the site however is Civil War as that's been the mainstay of Old Sutler John since it's inception back in the 1960's.

My wood stuff isn't on the site either as that is a new addition since I got involved in the Sutler John's widows biz about 5 years ago. I'm always adding new stuff and and try askinf Fayma to post a picture of her chest...er I mean her box...ooops the stuff she got from me at KW.

I'm currently workin on some passable apostles, been playin' with me wood lathe!

If you have any other ?'s feel free ta axe me

Jim

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

• 4 weeks later...

Someone asked me via PM whether my PiP Web page was done yet which gives me a chance to whinge.

The answer is: no. I was working on the main pages yesterday. I have three of probably 10 finished. I find I can do about two or three pages a day - they take between two and three hours a piece depending on how complex they are. There are also several of the extra pages yet to do. I wasn't able to get to the rest of the Callahan photos until today, so now I have to sift through them to find the pics I want for the third battle and some stuff on Sunday. I have about 27 extra (or Easter Egg) pages at present and I want to put together 3 or 4 more.

The challenge of this process is the design and layout. Particularly in regard to photos which often require editing (yes, I do edit photos for various reasons - usually to remove unwanted elements or make the pic fit better in the space I have for it). There is also the process of determining sizes and cutting them to showcase elements I want, placing them, writing captions and then often re-writing the journal text so that everything fits correctly. I realize that reading about the details of my web page construction is about as interesting as watching cheese rot, but I just want to explain that it's more than just throwing text and photos on a web page. So please be patient. As I said somewhere else, it won't be done before the end of this month. I'll let everyone know when it's done, I promise. :blink:

Mission_banner5.JPG

*Plies Mission with mead in other people's mugs while he works.*

That is definitely not going to help. (I thought you were coming up with a new topic for this forum.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

*Plies Mission with mead in other people's mugs while he works.*

That is definitely not going to help. (I thought you were coming up with a new topic for this forum.)

You keep nagging me about that and I may have to make you sorry for it.... <_<

-Nightwish

You keep nagging me about that and I may have to make you sorry for it.... :rolleyes:

It can't be much worse than what's going on in the Valentine's Day thread in Twill...

My hard drive crashed. :rolleyes: So while it's being repaired, the Journel will be further delayed. I just hope I can salvage all the pics I saved from it. I do work on it every day, but the main pages are each taking a day unto themselves to complete. I have 4 or 5 more and one more extra page to complete.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Stynky, I am unpinning this now that the web page is done as I said I would. (Pinned topics are easier to ignore IMO.) Ouch, my toes!

Ok, it's as done as it can be. Thanks 1 million times to Brig who kindly offered to edit this mess. Being a writer of sorts, I must say that she is an outstanding editor. Seriously. (Although I sort of suspect she just couldn't wait to get at it and this was in small part a ploy to do that. :lol: If so, thanks for the compliment!)

As you read it, if you spot mistakes, particularly in fact or recognition of people, please feel free to pm me or post it here. I'll try and fix it unless I think it's funnier not fixing it. Also note that there are 30 Easter Egg pages with no text links. You have to find those links yourself. (It's not that hard, honest.) It's worth your time because 2/3 of the photos are in there.

Blah, blah, blah. It is here.

(Cpt. Sophia - there is one movie riff in there just for you. Since I said that, I'll bet you miss it. :lol: )

And now, pyrate friends, I desperately need a break. I figure I have about 200 hours in this mess, not including the writing of the original journal. So I'm off to Mexico for a long weekend of not drinking margaritas. (I'm still on that diet. Lost 20 pounds so far. Soon I will be thin and beautiful.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

You do great work, Mission. Thanks for letting me help out. By the time I get to the Easter Egg pages and finish proofing them, you may wish you hadn't. :lol:

I know I speak for a lot of people when I say that this journal is a treat, and greatly appreciated!

-Nightwish

Bravo on the Journal Mission. You did a fantastic job of tying pics to stories, and the layout is easy on the eyes. You mentioned easter eggs in your post, and I was just about to ask where they were, but I see Brig's hard at work editing them. Looking forward to those.

Blah, blah, blah. It is here.

(Cpt. Sophia - there is one movie riff in there just for you. Since I said that, I'll bet you miss it. :lol: )

Hewha? Egads, I did miss it. :lol:

I'll reread it after dinner.