2008 Bone Island Buccaneer Olympics

Spike

Ahoy ya black hearted scalliwags, judies, wenches, salty dogs and Sea Wolves. Welcome to the First Annual BIB Pyrat Olympics. We want to introduce new fun and exciting events for the patrons and participants each year. This year, we thought of a lighthearted competition among the crewes. These events are based on some real nautical tasks, knowlefge, maritime skills and just some maddening inventions of our own. Once each crewe arrives they will receive a packet that includes the rules, detailed schedule, and list of events. We invite each competing crewe to march with their colors in our Entrance Parade on the first day of the Fort Taylor Pirate Fest, 12/04 at 11:00 AM, We ask that each crewe use as many of their members in different events as possible. I have included a list of events below so that everyone can see what the competitions will be.

So have fun, these are meant to be easygoing competitions to keep the great sense of camaradie and family we all share at Pirates in Paradise. OH and before ye ask, NO they are not real gold medals. May the best Pyrat Crewe Win!

Fair Winds and Full Holds to Ye,

Captain Spike.

2008 Events

1 – Knot Tying Competition (1 person per crewe)

2 - Barrel Rolling ( 1 person per crewe)

3 – Cannon Ball Toss ( 1 person per crewe)

4 – Cannon Races ( 1 person per crewe)

5 – Raise the Colors ( 2 people per crewe)

6 – Tug of War ( 1 person per crewe)

7 – Axe Toss/Knife Toss ( 1 person per crewe)

8 – Salmandgundi Eating Contest ( 1 person per crewe)

9 – Pint Chug (1 person per crewe)

10 – Pyrat History and Trivia ( 1 person per crewe)

11 – Cannon Drill ( 2 people per crewe)

12 – Wench Carrying ( 2 people per crewe)

13 – Pyrat Chess ( 1 person per crewe)

Good on ya Spike. Me tink dat de Capt'n Hurricane might have me ina mind fer a couple o dem events. Be seeing yer ina demornin tommorra.

Animal

Aye, would be honored by yer presence. We'll see ya in Bone Island on the morrow, and it be time for some Pyrats to go for the Gold on Bine Island. Pint Chuggin seems to be a favorite this year.

Sounds like great fun, Spike! I shall bring with our pics from Beijing and Torino ~ and may be convinced to participate in an event or 2.

Well met Mary. I imagine those Beijing portraits are a sight! Hope to see you going for the Bone Island Buccaneers Gold. I heard it tell, that you have a penchant for that what shines!

Sadly, indeed, I did miss out on all the Olympic fun ~ not being the morning person does not help. As well as forgetting to print schedules of Olympic events, meals at the Hide ~ and such. Next year, I hope to have a few things completed for my kit to make my mornings easier.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Oy there now Doggie. I do believe I drank ya under the table in that grudge match at the Rum Barrel. I will take me fourth place medal and train harder next year. Oh, that and I saved some of that hair for something special. Stay tuned for the upcoming saga, "the Curse of Bone Island." I might be takin that gold back next year.

oi...i never said i actually won any...but the plank thingy....but you folks do have a wicked sence of humour...making play all them olympics...hung over!!!!

next year how 'bout some real pyrate olympics....like....fence climbin at 3am...without spillin yer mug.....or.....hidin from the scary drunk old wench from the Garden of Eden...while her insanely jealous husband comes lookin fer ya...ask wobblie bought that one...i think he set me up on that one.....or the where the hell is the wharf marathon....or...which Pepe's is it run.....or the how bloddy long is this Parade Marathon!!!

:rolleyes:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

oi...i never said i actually won any...but the plank thingy....but you folks do have a wicked sence of humour...making play all them olympics...hung over!!!!

next year how 'bout some real pyrate olympics....like....fence climbin at 3am...without spillin yer mug.....or.....hidin from the scary drunk old wench from the Garden of Eden...while her insanely jealous husband comes lookin fer ya...ask wobblie bought that one...i think he set me up on that one.....or the where the hell is the wharf marathon....or...which Pepe's is it run.....or the how bloddy long is this Parade Marathon!!!

:rolleyes:

Well if we had events like that you would win agin. And we do that every day in Key West, nothing special bout it. Like that treasure map fiasco at the Walk the Plank. Real original stuff there. Maybe you can come up with a cursed Aztec Gold thingy for next year. Aye, ya got the gold, but I be second to none ye, you, ya ........ Not Nigel YOU.

Ay, did that sound like too miuch sour grapes? At least ya redeemed yerself by hanging Sterling.

On the wench carrying game, I so remember grass coming closer and closer, them bam!! haha!! That was classic!! Stumbles dropped his wench!! haha!! Had a great time though!!

Pirate Pile Up!!

F001DSC_2245PIP.jpg

Abbie Rose(Wobbles), Stumbles, Nigel, Spike, and ???

StumblesCallahan's Wench,

(Crewe of the Sacred Heart)

On the wench carrying game, I so remember grass coming closer and closer, them bam!! haha!! That was classic!! Stumbles dropped his wench!! haha!! Had a great time though!!

Pirate Pile Up!!

F001DSC_2245PIP.jpg

That be Shortfuse from the Pirate Soul crewe Abbie!

Pirate Pile Up!!

F001DSC_2245PIP.jpg

That be Shortfuse from the Pirate Soul crewe Abbie!

Thank you much!! I had a great time!! Thanks!!

StumblesCallahan's Wench,

(Crewe of the Sacred Heart)