any one else so excited beyond reason????

lady constance

No, not at all. I think the gist of the point was not to overwhelm them with your desire to be on the show. Let them do their thing while you do your thing. There's always those who get stars in their eyes when cameras are around.

Absolutely no problem here... no desire at all, let alone over whelming... filming = work... been there, done it... too many times. Glad to hear the rest of the event will be going on as planned.

Their primary thing is the Walk the Plank Championships... which will have a lot of competition this year -- even D'ogge will have a challenge to win again, guaranteed. :) Snicker

-- Hurricane

Aye the kids are a bit disappointed about the contest being limited... perhaps next year when things get back to normal...

It was a hard decision to back off the number of victims. But Diosa and I discussed last year's safety issues with all the life preservers going overboard and how many people she thought she could handle as a time doing the Safety Officer task. So we took a step backyard to a previous year when we had fewer people and worked out how many we could safely handle.

I know, safety and pirates... what???

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a hard decision to back off the number of victims. But Diosa and I discussed last year's safety issues with all the life preservers going overboard and how many people she thought she could handle as a time doing the Safety Officer task. So we took a step backyard to a previous year when we had fewer people and worked out how many we could safely handle.

I know, safety and pirates... what???

-- Hurricane

life preservers thrown overboard????....i thought ya'll threw rocks at me?!?!?!

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

At you, we did. And you still didn't sink. Damned salt water. We have a lovely boat anchor for you this year... think of it as a handicap... like Tiger Woods would have, only a lot heavier.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

JUMPIN UP AND DOWN ----JUMPING UP AND DOWN---

and NOT because I have to pee!

What more can I say!!

I LOVE YA ALL and CAN"T WAIT to see you again!!!

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

In the Morning!? Not fair, says I...I've got a week more o' waitin' t' do. No, not fair at all.

Safe trip to ye.

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Can't wait to see you all!! Safe Journey's --- on your way into me open arms!!

XOXOXOX

Hurricane -- I intend to give Mad Dog a run fer the championship me self- and Aye mate! ... I've been practicin' --- ask me husband!

There are first times fer everythin'

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Get yer app in chica. We leave Friday for KW -- oh, guess you can just bring it to me. We'll be at the Cypress House until Wednesday.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I've decided not to wait.

I'm going to start hating all of you now.

Don't be hatin'.

We're gonna miss you, mate. Just another thing that aint fair...no, not fair at all...

3ff66f1f.jpg

Not to worry, we will all drink a special round to all who could not attend this year, at least once a night. Perhaps one in the morning as well. And, since the gathering is longer this year, we'll start early and stay up late, dirinkin' t' their health and to better fortunes next year.

And that is the way it is with PiP: not even there yet and already planning for next year...

3ff66f1f.jpg

Aww... gee thanks guys... wait a minute!

Anyways I will be down there in spirit of course. Will and I will have a surprise for everyone also.

Even though we won't be there. Won't we William... :rolleyes:

Now there they go gettin' all mysterious on us...

3ff66f1f.jpg

Don't ye be a worryin' Capt. Jim... We be 'avin a surprise or two for them as well...

All this plottin' and plannin' behind the scenes...intrigue...skullduggery...arrr, sounds like pyraty doin's to me.

3ff66f1f.jpg

Harry you have sizes on this young man? If yes pm me with coat size... I have a pc red coat that he might like...

Thanks Harry for getting the okay for the red coat... just let me know, when we get there, (which now looks as if we will be pulling in Tuesday) when you need the coat in hand, so I can unpack it as soon as you need it.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/