any one else so excited beyond reason????

lady constance

here at my house , the kids are so excited they can barely stand it-- between counting the days til christmas and pirates in paradise, the place is NUTS!--and the oldest son said he was already planning to ask off work next year-- and trying to recruit his boss to join him-- just close the shop and come!!!

i stacked and readied all the pirate stuff i made, and thus far, i have sewn 30 things !!!!!! 30!!!!!!!{ and that aint including all the trial stuff out of muslin!!} { please DONOT ask about pirate pants..... i think i have extra that i could sell.........and ,i just finished a new pirate coat for the dear silas last night --- those cuffs *^^$#$@#@&*))%##@!!%$)!!!!!!

Ms Diamond, please be ready to speak to me and teach me a few tricks and clear up my sewing debacles!

and micheal... and patrick and capn sterling........

i can't believe all the planning and saving is paying off!!!

first thing i am gonna do when i get there is tossing on the 'kini lay in the sun!!! { have to keep my wits, and sun is my therapy { please dont tell silas that sun is not really therapy....let him think i ned to come every year to this pirate in paradise sun therapy!!}

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

lady constance

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady Constance, medically speaking, sun is a very important source of vitamin D and a bunch of other stuff. But what the hell, I'm no doctor and I have been excited about PIP Since this time last year when I couldn't make it. On January 1, I put my vacation request in before anyone!!!! :D I love Key West and if I could figure a way to like there and make some decent wages, I'd move in a heart beat. I've been waiting for PIP since I went 2 years ago.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Things are definitely at a fever pitch at the Pyrates of the Coast HQ! We have another work party today to finish stuff for our period pub, the wine bottles, signage and packing the Whale for the journey. We also have fire show rehearsals to go over (not for PiP). Diosa and I head down next Friday to begin work on the National Walk the Plank Championships -- lots of cool stuff to share about that soon.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

You want to talk about excitement and such down here?!?!?!?!? :D

I am working with the South Florida Make-A-Wish Foundation to make a wish come true for a young man who's wish is to come to our event. We will "dress" him out as a right proper pyrate and he and his family will have their entire trip taken care of by the foundation. I've received donations from businesses for his clothing and donations for restaurant and museum visits. He's 18-years-old. It's been a real pleasure to work on that in addition to all the "madness" surrounding putting together this event with the Bone Island Buccaneers. Today we begin the build process--constructing the entrance gate, the shipwreck, installing the games inside the fort, putting together the trebuchet and the list goes on...

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

That is sooooo cool Harry! Congrats to you and the Bone Islands for seeing that his wish comes true. And kudos to the business community for stepping in to help. That's just so Key West. It is an honor to be friends with you and this great crewe of pirates that thinks of others so often.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

WooooooooHoooooooooo!

HRmph...I mean, ah...l believe that the time to depart draws nigh. Jolly good.

Aw, hell: WooooooooHooooooo!

Harry, that is so cool that Make-A-Wish is shipping with us this year. Very cool.

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Hey Harry!

That's awesome!

Send him over my way! I have accessories and such and would be happy to set him up with some jewelry, coinage, etc!

Diosa

I am working with the South Florida Make-A-Wish Foundation to make a wish come true for a young man who's wish is to come to our event. We will "dress" him out as a right proper pyrate and he and his family will have their entire trip taken care of by the foundation. I've received donations from businesses for his clothing and donations for restaurant and museum visits. He's 18-years-old. It's been a real pleasure to work on that in addition to all the "madness" surrounding putting together this event with the Bone Island Buccaneers. Today we begin the build process--constructing the entrance gate, the shipwreck, installing the games inside the fort, putting together the trebuchet and the list goes on...

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

The Poster Pirates have officially landed in Key West!! This year's posters have a new theme: " Pirates in Paradise: The Holiday between Thanksgiving and Christmas, with the FAMILY you wish you had!" We can't wait to see you all!! Truly feel blessed to have such a wonderful FAMILY!!

WHOOO HOOOO! We leave in 4 more days!!!

yeah...i'm really excited too....'cause i just got a cal from....from......

DAMN IT....... :D

all most let the cat out of the bag!?!?!!?!. :D

diosa and hurricane swore me to secrecey...... :D

let's just say.....i'll be busy all day THURSday......tehehehe

and i think i will need to buy a new HAT....for methinks it will be to snug fer me ego by then......

COME ON DIOSA!!!!!

can ya please tell everyone now!?!?!?

pleasepleaseplease!!?!?!?!

i understand why ya want to keep it on the down-low....but some folks might want to alter their travel plans to be 'round on thursday!?!?!

plllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

i am so bad with secrets :D

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Er, this is a reprinting of a post of mine from the Sealkies hide thread where it didn't belong...

A trebuchet? Now we really must all run around yelling "TREBUCHET!" every time it is fired.

(Now, that is obscure. Sorry.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

O.K. Before D'ogge pees his pants, here's the scoop.

The National Walk the Plank Championships will be the featured event in a new show that resolves around Michael, pro athlete and comedian. He will be competing in quirky community events around the country. Our event is the pilot for the show, the first episode.

Now for the fine print.

We will be limiting contestants to 10 additional entries because we don't want the thing to last all day and eventually, darkness comes in the Keys. As defending champion, D'ogge is automatically in it. In fact, he will be working with the host on some things. Animal from our crewe is an entry as well. And of course, there's Michael. That gives us the lucky 13 for the 2008 National Walk the Plank Championships.

How can you be considered? Easy!

Fill out the attached entry form and fax it to us at 509-931-0776 or scan it and email it to us at hurricane@piratesofthecoast.com. At this point we just need the entry form page - not the liability waiver. That comes on the day of the event.

We will review all applications and select the entrants from the pool of entries. It's kind of a photo and essay thing. The photo should be of you as a pirate and/or wench (hey, it's Key West).

The application can be downloaded here: http://www.piratesinparadise.com/walk-plank-entry.pdf

Selected contestants will meet at the WOLF at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 4. The boat leaves at 3 p.m. Aboard ship you will be briefed about safety, judging, etc. and we will draw cards for the order of jumpers. Since this is being filmed we may have to adjust the championship to accommodate the cameras and talent. But that's Hollywood for you.

The WOLF will be anchored off the Pier House. Lots of spectator viewing along the boardwalk and on the beach. All pirates are encouraged to come watch so you can point yourself out in the TV show (hey, that's me next to Partrick). Pier House is at One Duval St.

That's all there is to it. Fame, fortune, some cool prizes and possibly an appearance on the new show.

Oh, this is an on the up and up competition. We have three impartial judges who will be judging the event and will not automatically be selecting the show host. He wants to compete fairly and squarely in every event thrown at him in the show.

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I really want to compete in The National Walk the Plank Championships but the imagination isn't working. :D Blast! What is a Silkie to do? Now if I could just shape shift there on the plank that would wow the judges ...surprise the heck out of me too. Anyone with any ideas for me please, PM me.

I forgot to mention that the show will also be filming on Friday and Saturday for parts of the festival. Extra color with the host. I really put the sell on them.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

ok...here's the REAL SCOOP.....

the new show....titled "Americas Best"....with the host...Mike Kosta...former tennis pro turned comidian....who not only enters these infamous competions 'round the counrtyside....but is actually trained first by the reigning champion...then competes head to head in an all out war in the competion!!!! :D

an since ....I....am the reigning Champion....ok co/champion...won last year with me brother....who cant make it down this year....boy is he pissed!?!?!....i will be trainning him on film all day thursday at the fort and encampment....how to walk the plank......!?!?!?

there is also talk as part of the training...to enter the pyrate olympics as well.....

of course.....i will be looking for an ....entourage....thats what famous people have right?!?!?

also a bigger sized HAT.....dont think this one will fit me EGO anymore?!?!?!

the soon-to-be......in-Famous M.A.d'Dogge

i think i'm ready fer me close up...mr. deville....?!?!?

tempsummer2007017.jpg

ooooooffffff?!?!!?

P8111945.jpg

okokok....i can see the irony ass of fates wicked grin......so seriously ...they will be in for a couple of days filming extras scenes surounding the competion....they are a profesional production crewe from L.A.....please dont hinder their schedule....but it should be fun to have them around the camps....

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

....please dont hinder their schedule...

So, is the filming schedule now taking precedence over the original event schedule?

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

ack... see next post..

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Harry you have sizes on this young man? If yes pm me with coat size... I have a pc red coat that he might like...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

Crewe of the Archangel

....please dont hinder their schedule...

So, is the filming schedule now taking precedence over the original event schedule?

No, not at all. I think the gist of the point was not to overwhelm them with your desire to be on the show. Let them do their thing while you do your thing. There's always those who get stars in their eyes when cameras are around.

Their primary thing is the Walk the Plank Championships... which will have a lot of competition this year -- even D'ogge will have a challenge to win again, guaranteed. :) Snicker

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Deleted - duplicate of the above.

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

No, not at all. I think the gist of the point was not to overwhelm them with your desire to be on the show. Let them do their thing while you do your thing. There's always those who get stars in their eyes when cameras are around.

Absolutely no problem here... no desire at all, let alone over whelming... filming = work... been there, done it... too many times. Glad to hear the rest of the event will be going on as planned.

Their primary thing is the Walk the Plank Championships... which will have a lot of competition this year -- even D'ogge will have a challenge to win again, guaranteed. :) Snicker

-- Hurricane

Aye the kids are a bit disappointed about the contest being limited... perhaps next year when things get back to normal...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

Crewe of the Archangel