5th Annual Fells Point Privateer Day 2009

Stynky Tudor

5th Annual Fells Point Privateer Day 2009

April 18, 2009

Fells Point

Baltimore, Maryland

11 am to 6 pm. Info, contact: Fells Point Development Corporation, 410-675-8900 info@fellspointdevelopment.com , www.fellspointdevelopment.com

Playing off of the rich maritime and privateer history of Fells Point, this fourth annual event celebrates privateers, pyrates, wenches and swashbucklers with activities for scallywags of all ages:

List of events

--Live period music from The Brigands, from Long Island, NY (with a great cannon demonstration) and Captain Thomas Flint.

--Plenty of tall ships, with a battle at sea including The Lioness, a 90 foot replica of a Spanish Galleon, The Woodwind, from Annapolis will be offering sailing cruises all day and Pirates Quest, a 49 foot, pirate ship will be offering free tours all day.

--Mock sword battle featuring Valhalla Pirates from NJ.

--Demonstration from the Fixed Regiment of Puerto Rico, 1797 era military regiment.

--A pirate’s wedding on board the Black Eyed Susan.

Plus: Ship building, sailing crafts and arts for kids, special proclamations by Fells Point’s own Town Crier, walking tours of Fells Point throughout the day, Village Wide Scavenger hunt and a costume contest on the square with local prizes from merchants and unique wares and delicious food.

• 2 months later...

I can’t tell you all how excited I am about this festival. I am now signed on as vendor for the first time. I have shared a booth with Pirates Magazine in the past and had a few swords out for display but this time I am going all out and I plan to have a booth full of cutlasses and other piratey goodies. I will have some custom jewelry for sale. If you catch me soon you can put in a request for anything particular that you might want to see. I plan on doing it up huge this year.

In addition to being a vendor I am also going to be involved in as much activities and events as I can. I hope to make a nice sword or even a dagger for some sort of give away.

As far as Pirates Magazine goes, we are trying to make this years festival the place to be for all pirates not just local. The last few years we have gathered all the pirates from all over the country and met up in New Orleans. Not this year. This year we are proud to host a ton of guests in our hometown. Dave Nichols, Scarlett the Harlott, Talderoy and the great sword maker Tony Swatton are among our guest list. We will be having a few special events through out the weekend. One of those will be a tug of war game where you and your mates can take on the Pirates Magazine Press Gang.

Pirates Magazine is super excited to be onboard this year in a big way. We are still planning as much as we can to cram into the weekend. Finally we have the whole crew in my hometown. I can't tell you how excited I am.

I will post a ton more info soon. This year before you think about going to New Orleans...give Baltimore a shot.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop