Google Ads

Stynky Tudor

• 2 months later...
As much as I hate to press advertising on everyone, as part of my agreement with Bloody - its how I’m paying for the Pub.

As a Merchant Craftsman and member of this Pub; I am interested in seeing if (with product review, permission and payment,of course)I could get my ad to run in the cycle on our pages.

Do you have any information or leads on how this might be done? When searching through Google's info, it seems that it would just be a random "happenstance"

Many Thanks

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."

As much as I hate to press advertising on everyone, as part of my agreement with Bloody - its how I’m paying for the Pub.

As a Merchant Craftsman and member of this Pub; I am interested in seeing if (with product review, permission and payment,of course)I could get my ad to run in the cycle on our pages.

Do you have any information or leads on how this might be done? When searching through Google's info, it seems that it would just be a random "happenstance"

Many Thanks

Aye ladd, tis my understanding that it would be some sort of random "happenstance" if you signed articales with Google, and then expected to see your advertisement displayed through the banner ad that flys atop the page.

Though I'm totally unprepared to have this conversation at the moment, I'm the one you'll be wanting to talk to about this.

PM me and I'm sure that we'll be able to work something out.

- Stynky

explain please

Do we need buy ads?? How do we contribute?

If you're selling something and want to advertise it in a banner on the Pub, then yes, you'll need to buy ad space.

If you want to advertise with/through Google Ads, I'm not sure what the process is or how much it costs, you'll need to check with them.

When I took the Pub over from Bloody Buckets, the deal was some money upfront, and all of the Google Ad proceeds for a determined period of time. So basically, "Google Ads" is paying to appear on top of the page. But instead of the money coming to me and it supporting the Pub directly, Google pays Bloody Buckets - in turn satisfying my/our debt for the Pub.

- Stynky

If you're selling something and want to advertise it in a banner on the Pub, then yes, you'll need to buy ad space.

If you want to advertise with/through Google Ads, I'm not sure what the process is or how much it costs, you'll need to check with them.

When I took the Pub ... But instead of the money coming to me and it supporting the Pub directly, Google pays Bloody Buckets - in turn satisfying my/our debt for the Pub.

- Stynky

Since I am a just "small business" Merchant Artisan, and my personal allegiance is to this incarnation of the Pub, I would like to do my limited advertising directly through this Pub and with its Crew. Please let me know if and how we might proceed.

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Many Thanks

Before the pub change I was targeting my google ads for BKS and my ads came up quite often. I could show you how to target the site. Its not hard. Instead of activating your google ad words for search you simply select the "site targeting" option. Then type in pyracy.com and it will show you a list of banners on that site if there are multiple. On this site I only see one banner at the top and that makes it easy. I am not sure if they have graphic banners active so you will have to go with a text ad. Although they should prob activate the image ads becuase they get a much higher click through rate.

All this said we should prob make our own rotating banner addspace for pub members that is run outside of google. That can be done with a little effort.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

• 2 weeks later...

Other than posting code supplied to me by my creditors, I don't have any control or access over that AdSense account.

But you're right - we do need to add a rotating ad banner space on the pub - that's not google. I actually have something slated to show up on the right-hand side panel and have already written the random image generator in javascript - I just need to (integrate everything) test and make a box for it all to live in.

I'm in the middle of a bunch a stuff right now, plus PiP is in a few days. And now that most of the bugs have been squashed in this latest version of messageboard software - I'm hoping to start showing non-google ads that will support the Pub directly, early next year.

• 1 year later...

As some of you already know, the Pub got paid off some time ago and I own it out right.

In an attempt to defer server and software costs, I've tried using Google Ads. Being more of an annoyance than the worth the of the return, I've decided to drop Google Ads altogether.