I love the PUB!

Jack Roberts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

It's early... an' yo'r awake? :P

Ye best start drinkin' lad! :P Or at least gather some help. Maybe ol' Foxe around there 'll help ye. :P

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I cannot remember the pub my sister told me about. She has been a few times but I never have traveled back to my "home country." Bo does not fly and hasn't had time to ship over. I love the pyracy pub too. Cannot stay away even when I try.

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

Why, thank'ee, mate. I love you too...but only after a sufficient amount of rum, or when I have me glasses off and can't tell the difference (yes, me deadlights be that bad...)

Just wanted to say, I love you all!

The Pub is like a second home to me. Chatting with all these everyone. Discussing things from the period.

Missing those I've met and hoping to meet the others. What great fun. Lets keep it up!

AHEM! (raising a glass full of something alcoholic)

To those that are here always! And those that the Pub running! Here, here!

(Drains me glass with one foul swoop)

OK maybe I've had a bit much this evening, but my sentiment still stands. :lol:

(Hic!)

Damn, thats sharp!

• 4 months later...

i swear...ssooo much drinking...thank the lord i be too young to drink.....for now lol Three cheers for the pub! though im new is still <3 you drunk buggars.......i fear soon ill be hearing the slurred chorus of "god save the king"..........

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

Someone needs to write a song, probably set to the Toby Keith song. I nominate my lovely, charming and witty pal Brig since she's married to our drunken thread starter, she's a really good writer and I happen to know she's a huge Toby Keith fan.

(She probably doesn't even know what song I'm talking about.)

Edited by Misson

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

..."Friends in Low Places"? I know the song but not the artist ...of course that is how I am with most songs. lol

No, that's Garth Brooks. Although I can see the possibilities.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

I, myself, am a musical omnivore. (I tend to prefer instrumental music as a general rule. Singing tends to interrupt my train of thought so I usually only listen to sung music when I do not want to think.) I would sing Brig's song with pride, however - as soon as she writes it.

You know...I get the distinct impression that I was just given homework wrapped up in compliments to ensure that I'd actually DO it. :rolleyes: And, predictably, it's working. ;) Though I must confess the fact that I am a huge Toby Keith fan surprised me. I'll have to remember it in the future! As for the song, at first I thought you meant "Beer for My Horses", and I was more confused that usual. BUT I think I've got it now...I'll go start writing, for the sole purpose of comment whor- um, grubbing.

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

You know...I get the distinct impression that I was just given homework wrapped up in compliments to ensure that I'd actually DO it. ;) And, predictably, it's working. ;) Though I must confess the fact that I am a huge Toby Keith fan surprised me. I'll have to remember it in the future! As for the song, at first I thought you meant "Beer for My Horses", and I was more confused that usual. BUT I think I've got it now...I'll go start writing, for the sole purpose of comment whor- um, grubbing.

:rolleyes: I meant every word! Honest and for true. I have a country playlist and Toby occupies a larger percentage of the list than anyone else. (It's sort of a country party playlist.)

I actually started this at one point - possibly when Jack first posted this - and then set it aside...I wonder if that's still around somewhere...? Probably not. Forget I mentioned my version, I'm all atwitter to see what you come up with.

Mission (who is in no position to give assignments, just to offer suggestions)

Edited by Misson

• 7 months later...

Can't let them trade secrets out aye Jack?

A Toast to every who has stuck it out here all

these years and to those new here as well!

Milk does the body good... Auhhhh ~

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

no not this thing again...isnt this about the same thing as what we do at pip..."i know you from the pub!" "i love you" and be quite toasted the whole time?............oh well...A DRINK...to my many name changes.........

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

Hey, Brig! Are you done yet? Brig! Brig? Did'ja finish the song?

:D :D :D

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 months later...

Oh bloody hell

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 2 years later...