St. Augustine Pirate Gathering Photos

King's Pyrate

Did not have a lot of time to take photos but here are a couple as promised,

Here is Tiger Lee and me

tiger_lee.jpg

Hurricane, Dosia, Capt. Mayhem, My wife Barbary Bett, Tony (Our middle son) & Myself...some of Pirates of the Coast & Pirates of St. Augustine

pirates01.jpg

Maiden's Pub...early in the evening.

pirates02.jpg

Many Pirates attended the Captain's Meeting and there was an outbreak of sea shanties....We did a pub crawl afterwards...if the rest of the gathering is like today it will be a great event.

I have posted more photos on my myspace site. A part of the pirate raid on old St. Augustine, I was not able to take photos but we had a parade from the Fountain of Youth to the Old Redoubt where two opposing pirate groups moved down St. George Street with opposing groups quarreling about the treasure till we reached the Plaza where another battle was engaged for the public to enjoy till we parleyed and split the treasure chest which was filled with gifts for the children watching the pirates.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...albumId=2730062

I can hardly wait till next year which promises to be bigger & better.

It was great seeing you sir, and an honor as always. Diosa thanks you for filling her treasure chest with your books.

It was an amazing event and we've already signed up for next year - you can't beat playing with guns and cannons in St. Augustine and camping with some of the best people I've ever met...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

It was great seeing you sir, and an honor as always. Diosa thanks you for filling her treasure chest with your books.

It was an amazing event and we've already signed up for next year - you can't beat playing with guns and cannons in St. Augustine and camping with some of the best people I've ever met...

-- Hurricane

It was a pleasure to see you and your group again.....Diosa"s charity is dear to my heart...I am glad to contribute to the cause.

It was indeed a great event with lots of fine pirates. I talked with some Bling Pirates from one of the West Florida groups who were impressed with the historical flavor of the event and swear they will tell their groups how much better authentic events are.....The committee is already working on making next year's event even better....one improvement being investigated is making the event more accessible to increase access for the general public ...that should improve vendor sales.

Let us know when you make your next raid on St. Augustine and we will try to meet up.

Best

Joe

We can't wait to come back up and see our old and new found friends there and will definitely let you know when we'll be back up.

I told the crewes that organized it that there are events 10 years in the making now that aren't as good as this first effort. It was amazing and everyone deserves a big huzzah for an event that promises to become a "do not miss" on everyone's calendars.

We too did an amazing amount of education work with casual pirates and there was quite a bit of interest to improve their representation for the coming year. That makes it all worth while. Plus, I can never complain when I can just fire my dog all I want on a range. It was nice of NASA to light the candle under the shuttle while we were there too. Never seen it from the north side of the launch complex.

Ah, magical times.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I agree, St Augustine Pirate gathering was awesome. Great job by all those who did the organizing. Mia was fantastic as well as all others involved.

As newbies we felt welcomed and enjoyed all three days. Although I was glad to be back at a warm and toasty B&B after the Buccaneer Bash Sat. I'm a cold weather wimp.

Rusty Cutlass was great, the food at the bash was great and I especially liked the repeated kisses on the hand and terms of endearment offered by the bartender when refilling my grog Sat. night.

Pirate Court was a hysterical. Can't wait till next year.

See everyone at PIP in a couple of weeks.

FLmermaid

FLmermaid

• 2 weeks later...

It was a fantastic time indeed, and I am anticipating the arrival of next season. it was great meeting each of you at the festival. I have posted some of the pics I took in the gallery!!

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Those of you who wish to buy a copy of Tiger Lee's St. Augustine Pirate Gathering Group photo (taken on the night of the Buccaneer Bash)

can purchase a glossy print or electronic copy at his Image Warrior Site

Image Warrior on the Cutting Edge

I just down loaded mine and it is a Great Photo.

Happy Holidays to ye All

Joe