Current projects?

Pew

Atten Tavern Owners

Call To Arms, Plenty of Gold and Rum all around. Greetings from Tavish the Pirate

This will be my next project coming this winter and I look forward to having it done before Ren season begin next year as a future prop.

Im sending this out to everyone I know. I am inquiring to anyone who has a Tavern within their groups or guilds that would be interested in having their tavern names and their tavern owners/workers and their positions along with the location of port where the tavern is located to be included in a recreation of the Pirata Code book that I will be making soon. I assure you no ones Tavern names will be plagerized for republication for sale.

This is something that I am recreating like from the movie Worlds End which if anyone saw in the Collectors Edition and saw on the second disk of the Masters of Design how they made the book, unlike them who created the book out of real wood planks, over 1,000 pages and weighed over 85 pounds and caused several prop people injuries trying to pick up this heavy thing during filming. Not to mention was so heavy that Keith Richards had a hard time opening due to its weight that the Prop Masters had to take the book behind stage to cut out excess weight of the pages inside the book with a circular saw to lighten its weight for Sir Richards. A fellow coworker and I have developed and mastered a technique for carving leather to make it look like real wood with wood grain with less the weight of real wood. I work as a leather saddlemaker and got the idea after seeing the movie and how they made the book for the film to make it out of leather.

It doesnt matter if you have an official Tavern or not. You could also have made up Tavern name in your home or basement. The Red Dragon tavern, or the Blue Crab or Rosie's Tavern in Singapore, anything whether or not its a tavern you have hosted at a Ren fair or one in your basement home bar. Just as long as it sounds good and that your names will be used as the owner/propriator of the tavern, and who is the Keeper of the Peace, names of serving wenches or cabinboys if your an all female tavern owner, the bartender, the cook. Anything as long as its all in good fun. And a location of your tavern, i.e. Spitalfield, Cork, Ireland, London, Lisbon: Portugal, etc.

So all Im asking if anyone is interested in having their Tavern name, the Tavern workers, such as the keeper of the peace(bouncer/s), cook, scribe, bartenders, Head Wench and servers, the Tavern's geological location. So when at all possible if you could provide me a list of those names using their ren names and positions would be great thanks.

And just like a modern critic Ill show from 1-5 daggers to rate the Taverns with 5 being the highest of all.

If anyone is interested and would like to see their Taverns in thar Pirate Code book please get in touch with me off list with the name of your tavern, location etc?This is strictly for fun and entertainment purposes only, not for republication for sale.

Please contact me with your information.

Dont Burn Me Rum

Tavish

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to find yourself a new lock....try a company named Ohio Travel Bag they carry locks just for old trunk chests and such for those who wish to refurbish their grandmothers' old trunk. Look them up they have a web site. I just don't remember if you have to have a business tax ID or not to purchase from. good luck

Mostly finished...

Need to figure out a lock, it originally had a half mortise lock... if I can find a good one for a reasonable sum with a proper looking key...

P5300072.jpg

Still might paint the inside of the lid and might touch up some spots inside with varnish.

Here's my inspiration;

Sea_Chest01.jpg

Sea_Chest02.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok Lady B here are the bags. The first one is the front, back and inside of the one your mother liked.

Nebula.jpg

nebula2.jpg

nebula3.jpg

This second one is the lighthouse bag. Again Front, Back and Inside.

SeagullBag-1.jpg

Seagull2.jpg

Seagull3.jpg

The third is my Orca Bag and it is Front, Back and Inside. As you can see they are lined and the handles are changed and they are sealed.

OrcaBag.jpg

Orca2.jpg

Orca3.jpg

The prices are all different so let me know….our Etsy shop should be open soon if you are looking for something else.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

wow Syren they are nice!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Ok Lady B here are the bags. The first one is the front, back and inside of the one your mother liked.

Nebula.jpg

nebula2.jpg

nebula3.jpg

This second one is the lighthouse bag. Again Front, Back and Inside.

SeagullBag-1.jpg

Seagull2.jpg

Seagull3.jpg

The third is my Orca Bag and it is Front, Back and Inside. As you can see they are lined and the handles are changed and they are sealed.

OrcaBag.jpg

Orca2.jpg

Orca3.jpg

The prices are all different so let me know….our Etsy shop should be open soon if you are looking for something else.

What kind of paint do yea use ?

Acrylic at the moment though we are looking into milk paint for more period correctness when doing our floor cloths and such. But all bags are sealed so the paint should not chip or crack.

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

HA! I FINALLY get on to see these! Tis a miracle! :)

Oh, they are beyond fabulous, m'dear Syren. :) I'm more than beside myself and beyond flabergasted at the marvel that m' eyes do see. Fabulous, Fabulous work! :) Shall show these to m' mom and see which one she likes. :P

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My new Floorcloth or wall art and no it is not pirate but Native American/Southwestern and I call it Spirit Bear Dreams...

http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu256/thesmugglerscove/?action=view&current=SpiritBearDreams.jpg&newest=1

• 4 weeks later...