Current projects?

Pew

Anyone working on a current project they care to share? I know some of us are involved in the Sketchbook rounds, but do you have any large projects on tap for the winter? Painting, sewing, sketching, etc

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winter is the active time here in Florida - we just finished a period business sign for PiP, Tea & Tings, two tables to go over the cannon, all the framework for the tent and relabeling all the wine we give out as gifts. The wenches are sewing up a storm on bodices and the menfolk in the crewe are making pants -- enough for their four days there. Then we get busy in January with a whole new slew of projects, including making fire apparatus (swords, poi, staffs) for the fire pirates and get to work on the deck in the back, which will be very ship like when completed in March.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I am working an awesome new pirate belt complete with baldrick and custom belt buckle for my lovely Sarah. I dont do much leather work outside of leather wraping sword handles so this has been a nice learning exp for me. I will post pictures when I am done of the process. So far the plan is to do an apple and hear theme. Her pirate name is Applebooteh and her sword I made her has an apple and crossbones on it with a heart placed here and there, so I am sticking with that theme.

Wish me luck.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Current project: Trying to cram too much sh-stuff into a too small truck...ack.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I painted my jeep.

I lifted mine. -

3254245773_3c7ca6ffe4.jpg

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Hmm Projects . . .

Well I just helped pour a couple of 6 pounders (bronze with dolphins arms etc), I have a few mortars to finish Like this one I finished.

patina2.jpg

I have a blunderbuss barrel to make in wax to be cast in bronze. There is also a smaller bronze blunderbuss pistol I am working on (completly custom as well) that will have a fold out bayonet. I may make a couple buckles since I will be working with the wax.

Once my cohort in crime returns I will be making a new master pattern for roughly a 2 foot cannon that can be done in bronze or lost wax.

Oh I also have a bronze grenade launcher pistol that I am finishing up.

id.jpg

Getting the stuff needed to camp out at the next PiP...plus sewing enough outfits to wear at it...*le sigh

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

Poor Dogge. Watch out, mates... he'll be dozing off at events.

Cool, Will. Nice paint job.

Callenish.. ye be evil! What type of Photoshop?

Me? just finished that bleedin' quilted petticoat (in the garb thread in Crow's Nest). When I get the opportunity, I'll have to scan in the ink drawing I did for my ship's log book.

Always have some sort of project. Back to the justacorps, gown, and a wide variety of other outfit pieces to sew. Plus finish up with the small website for The Captain's Share (my business - well, trying to make it a business).

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Apologies for th' back t' back postin' here.

Now, the bloody damn scanner decided it didn't want to work. So... I took a picture of it and sorry if it looks a little crappy photo-wise. But... been working on a Ship's Log and after doing a mock of logging down stuff and the such, I finally got the front pages done. A couple wee things on there I wish I could erase but.. oh, well.

HPIM0707.jpg

Mind you, all done with ink using quill pens.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Very nice Lady B!

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.