Consumer warning on musket dealer

michaelsbagley

Hey all,

I'm on a few message boards for the F&IW era and other later colonial boards as well...

One thing I have seen come up a few times over the last few days that I thought I would share here (as it might be of interest), is that the company "Loyalist Arms and Repair" whose official web site is Loyalist Arms web REAL web site.... Anyways, apparently someone operating as "Royalist Arms and Repair" has copied the Loyalist web site, and is engaging in questionable business practices knowing full well that Loyalist may get the blame for it. I do not have the dopplegangers web site or URL, but I thought I would share this as a consumer warning as I know many here have done business with Loyalist Arms in the past, and many of us plan to do business with them again.....

Edited by michaelsbagley
Michael_banner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy All,

Aye, he contacted me a few weekes ago thru the New England Rev War listserve and advertisin' 1st model Brown Besses for 300$. Experience tells me what looks too Goode to be True usually IS too Goode to be True.

Regards,

Big Bear

"All this stuff twas found floating at sea, with no apparent ownership"

• 1 month later...

This is still an issue. From Loyalist Arms 2009 Newsletter #012

Theft of our web site contents:

In our last news letter, we sent out a warning to all our customers about copyright infringement of our

web site, and the partial copying of our email address for possible criminal purposes.

We thought we had finally stopped or at least slowed down, this theivery over the last 3 weeks or so,

but we have just been informed of yet another bogus web site on Mysite.com. This time the theif has

stolen nearly 100 of our pictures.

The same individual had even posted his bogus web site address on several historical and living history

message boards, in an attempt, as far as we can acertain, to capitolize on our companys name and

reputation.

Please be warned that if you see any site referring to "Royalist Arms", that this company, if there

actually is one, has absolutely nothing to do with us, and many of the products they are offering, are

made exclusively for Loyalist Arms.

Therefore this "Royalist Arms company" does not have many of the goods that they are claiming to

carry. Customers Beware !!

Loyalist Arms would like to take this time to thank everyone of our loyal customers, for their wonderful

assistance in keeping track of the various copied web sites and postings done by this individual.

Thanks also, to the many message board moderators, who have deleted the bogus postings from their

sites.

It's times like these that we find out how many friends we really have, and I am proud to say that we at

Loyalist Arms, have a lot of loyal customers and friends world wide. God Bless you all.

Folks, we really appreciate your efforts on our behalf.

Blair Higgins,

President of LAR Ltd.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Hmm is there not some way to catch him and perhaps sue him over this theft? Or else tie a cannon to his bootstraps?

Blair is aware of the theft of images, and the mySpace page and I have read that he is taking every legal recourse he is able.... But Middlesex may not know about this joker stealing their images yet (or maybe they do?)....

I've seen this guy get put on moderated status and/or kicked off of a few forums now (mostly F&IW or Rev War), with the exception of maybe letting whoever owns Middlesex know about it, there is naught much else we can do, besides continued vigilance and warners people when we can.

Michael_banner.jpg