Pirates of the Caribbean

Bart LeBaron

That still was just so weird and funny. My sister and I just were waiting in line for the Alice in Wonderland ride, minding our own business. The kid behind me had been staring at me for awhile. As we got closer to the front he told me how I look like Alice....

American McGee: Alice resumes shooting:

STAGE CALL FOR CHRISTINE!

Christine, Put That Child Down And Report To MakeUp!!

ROLL'EM!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hidden treasures on POTC the ride:

Treasure #1- When PotC was originally opened the skeletons were real, they were obtained from UCLA, but they were replaced later on when Disney had the ability to make a convincing faux skeleton.

Treasure #2- The anchor at Laffite's Landing, where you board les bateaux, is supposedly from one of Jean Laffite's ships.

Treasure #3- The Cannonballs have left a secret Mickey in the walls of the fort.

Treasure # 4 - In the scene at the end with the drunk pirates firing pistols around the explosives there is another hidden mickey on one of the breastplates to the larboard/port side of the ship.

Treasure # 5 - The auction scene has Abe Lincoln starring as the Pirate Captain. When the Hall of presidents was refurbished the anamatronic skeleton used for Lincoln was placed into the body of the auctioneer to give him more movement capabilities.

Captain Justin Kase

Captain of the Dread Pyrate Ship SeaMonkey

Beloved of Anya Kase

Also Known As Silverback, The Naughty Bard

Quixotic Pyrate of the Desert Seas

The very best part o' any o' them rides be th' secret booth outside th' exit, the one where they sell photos o' th' wenches what flash th' camera as they go by!

::admires me 5 meter high stack o' albums from yarrrs gone past:: :D

Aye, and the land of Disney recently released a statement that they will not longer be trying to stop these pictures from posting to the secret booth.

Captain Justin Kase

Beloved of Anya Kase

While I enjoy the ride since it has been refurbished to include PotC characters my favorite memories of the ride were taken out long before PotC the movie came about.

In DL there is a parrot sitting on a map at the beginning of the ride. This parrot used to have a shaved chest and a tattoo of an anchor. Now it is fully feathered.

After the auction there is a scene in which pirates are chasing wenches in a burning town, and a curvy wench chasing a final scared pirate. Now the women and pirate being chased are carrying something (food or swag) and the one doin the chasing are after the treasure. When the ride was first around it was sans food and swag. The pirates wree chasing the wenches for the purpose of wenching. And the buxom lass was chasing the pirate for the same reason. So remember everyone Disney was once for lust, but now settles for gluttony.

I think they need to refurbish the swamp area at the begging of the ride to have Tia Dulma instead of Old Joe sitting on his porch.

Oh yeah. I wan'ts the red head too.

Captain Justin Kase

Beloved of Anya Kase

The two pirate skeletons playing chess in the dungeon. (WDW)

gallery_1929_23_668131.jpg

gallery_1929_23_16405.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 1 month later...

I found this eerr little gem..Brings memories back it does!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4JYGeU3LIs

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was on the pirate boat at EuroDisney in 1997, and I liked it a lot, but it didn't fire on the fort. It was a boat among some islands, and having pirates aboard, spooking the younger kids. (well, when it started raining I was in the Indiana Jones Golden Nugget mine rollercoaster, and it got a short-circuit due to the rain, so we got taken out through the iron catacombs):P

And in 2007, when I was in Greece, on a small cruise around Mount Athos, a crewman dressed as a pirate and came among us to take photos with us. I am usually caught in photos with eyes wide shut (don't like flash) so my husband is joking that I had closed my eyes due to the pleasure of the pirate's touch. If I manage to get the photo scanned, I'll post it.

Edited by Elena

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-