Pirates of the Caribbean

Bart LeBaron

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite part is dropping 10 feet down that little slide and screaming to the top of my lungs like I'm going to die. Always gets a laugh.

Anyone else care to comment so I can stop seeing my post about screaming like a little girl? anyone?

I like the sacking of the town. I liked it a whole lot better when they hadn't placed food in the dummies hands. Why they had to do that, but the slave auction is OK (We wants the red head) to leave in, defies even PC logic IMO. Then again, since "we wants the red head" is one of the big fun points for the ride, they couldn't take that out. Oh, what a wicked web we weave when at first we try to be PC.

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

My favorite part is dropping 10 feet down that little slide and listening t' The Quarter Master screaming to the top of he's lungs like he's going to die. It be t' die fer!!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 3 weeks later...

That is the only reason I went back to Disneyland three times after my first time at 12 yrs old! Went twice whiole stationed on the west coast, and back again when my sister arranged for a weekend for my mom, wife, son, and me to stay in the hotel, (now gone), and we had a blast. (Sis just had her 15 year party working for Disney) I don't know what my favorite part is, I like it all. It would be better if we could dress out and interact though! :rolleyes:

Bo

Since having an annual pass I go as often as I can (depending on my nutty work schedule). I just never get tired that ride. I like the waterfall drop and then the whole cave area. The skeleton at the helm in the thunder storm is awesome! Treasure Room be wicked cool and I of course enjoy seeing Barbossa on the Black Pearl attacking the fort. Even more wonderful that it's really Geoffrey Rush providing the voice. :P I also like the auction scene. The pirate captain in charge of the auction was always my favorite pirate as far back as when I was a little kid. The jail scene is great too and funny!

Since February 15th the ride is closed for refurbishment. Such a bummer cuz finally the Haunted Mansion opened again back to the classic way on the 14th. I love it when both rides are open. It's an awesome day to ride Pirates and then run over to the Mansion, woo-hoo! :blink:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I briefly wondered about your mention of the Haunted Mansion being returned to the "classic way", but then I noted your location is in Southern California. The Haunted Mansion I'm hauntingly familiar with is the one in Disney World, which has been redone slightly to having the bride not as victim, but as a believer and practitioner in the sudden and very sharp termination of marriages.

Since having an annual pass I go as often as I can (depending on my nutty work schedule). I just never get tired that ride. I like the waterfall drop and then the whole cave area. The skeleton at the helm in the thunder storm is awesome! Treasure Room be wicked cool and I of course enjoy seeing Barbossa on the Black Pearl attacking the fort. Even more wonderful that it's really Geoffrey Rush providing the voice. :P I also like the auction scene. The pirate captain in charge of the auction was always my favorite pirate as far back as when I was a little kid. The jail scene is great too and funny!

Since February 15th the ride is closed for refurbishment. Such a bummer cuz finally the Haunted Mansion opened again back to the classic way on the 14th. I love it when both rides are open. It's an awesome day to ride Pirates and then run over to the Mansion, woo-hoo! :blink:

Damn, thats sharp!

The very best part o' any o' them rides be th' secret booth outside th' exit, the one where they sell photos o' th' wenches what flash th' camera as they go by!

::admires me 5 meter high stack o' albums from yarrrs gone past:: :blink:

I briefly wondered about your mention of the Haunted Mansion being returned to the "classic way", but then I noted your location is in Southern California. The Haunted Mansion I'm hauntingly familiar with is the one in Disney World, which has been redone slightly to having the bride not as victim, but as a believer and practitioner in the sudden and very sharp termination of marriages.
Since having an annual pass I go as often as I can (depending on my nutty work schedule). I just never get tired that ride. I like the waterfall drop and then the whole cave area. The skeleton at the helm in the thunder storm is awesome! Treasure Room be wicked cool and I of course enjoy seeing Barbossa on the Black Pearl attacking the fort. Even more wonderful that it's really Geoffrey Rush providing the voice. ;) I also like the auction scene. The pirate captain in charge of the auction was always my favorite pirate as far back as when I was a little kid. The jail scene is great too and funny!

Disneyland also has the new bride in the attic scene as well. Been there for quite some time now. The portraits in the attic show her husbands heads disappear. They then show her just before going out into the graveyard with an axe, she kills them not too long after the wedding. I actually don't like how she looks. It's a hollogram image instead of how it used to be with the creepy beating heart. She looks crossed-eyed, lol! First time I saw the new look I found it funny to see her eyes like that, lol!

I've heard rumors that the hat box ghost may return for the 40th anniversary. That would be really cool to see that, he's such a creepy looking character. I of course didn't see it, he was removed not too long after the ride opened back in 1969.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion are two of my Must-Do's whenever I visit WDW. Last couple of visits I've been wearing me straw tricorn on PotC in order to "repiratize" it. Dunno what I should wear to Haunted Mansion to haunterize it...maybe something relating to Dark Shadows? But the trouble with the Haunted Mansion is I seem to keep picked up pesky hitch-hikers.

I'm fascinated by the ballroom scene in the Mansion...I know its all done with mirrors (literally-The Peppers Ghost Illusion), but it's still a marvel to see.

Damn, thats sharp!

Yesterday I was at Disneyland and was happy to see Pirates was open again. Wow, that was a short down time with the refurbishment. It's a such a great day when you ride Pirates and then go over to ride Haunted Mansion right after. They're my 2 favorite rides. ;)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

It's a such a great day when you ride Pirates and then go over to ride Haunted Mansion right after. They're my 2 favorite rides. ;)

;) ye mean there be others?????

Amazingly enough, there are!

And if you go to DisneyWorld, they got this great place called the Living Seas (in Epcot), a massively big aquarium...and just next door is the Coral Reef, a great seafood restaurant. However, I found out the hard way they don't let you into the Living Seas with a dirty big harpoon to get all Ahab-y on a shark, so's you can take it over to the Coral Reef that they may cook your catch for you.

Nope, they tend to frown on that, for some reason.

The court case is still pending.

It's a such a great day when you ride Pirates and then go over to ride Haunted Mansion right after. They're my 2 favorite rides. <_<

:lol: ye mean there be others?????

Damn, thats sharp!

ye mean there be others?????

Yeah... thar's that one wit alla the little dolls ye can use ter torment an torture yer friends wit..... <_<

DON"T BLAME ME IF YE HIT TH' LINK BELOW, AN' GET THAT STUPID SONG STUCK IN YER BRAIN FER TH' REST A TH' DAY.....

Ye 'ave been warned.....

An' the Lyrics, if ye was dumb 'nough ter click th' link, an' now gots that song fused inter yer 'ead......

Written by: Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman

It's a world of laughter

A world of tears

It's a world of hopes

And a world of fears

There's so much that we share

That it's time we're aware

It's a small world after all

There is just one moon

And one golden sun

And a smile means

Friendship to ev'ryone

Though the mountains divide

And the oceans are wide

It's a small, small world

Repeat 152 times.......

An' the Lyrics, if ye was dumb 'nough ter click th' link, an' now gots that song fused inter yer 'ead......

Written by: Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman

It's a world of laughter

A world of tears

It's a world of hopes

And a world of fears

There's so much that we share

That it's time we're aware

There is just one moon

And one golden sun

And a smile means

Friendship to ev'ryone

And the oceans are wide

It's a small, small world

Repeat 152 times.......

Pox upon ye. Patrick !!!! Ye installed that acursed song into me brain again...... :lol::lol:<_<

Has anyone been on Small World with the new changes yet? I've already experienced it, twice now. I went when they had the sneak preview for Annual Passholders and then just went again on that same weekend. All they did was add Disney characters thru-out the ride. Actually it's the Small World children wearing the costumes of the Disney characters. For example, in England you see Alice in Wonderland and the white rabbit. Peter Pan and Cinderella are also seen as well. The changes are very subtle. If you didn't know to look for the changes the ride seems pretty much the same. There's an added room after the Hawaii part where it's some tribute to America. Looks more like some hoe down with Woody and Jessie from Toys Story. The same song is still there.....getting stuck in your head, lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

For some strange, unaccountable reason, Its a Small World is one of the very few "safe" rides (ie, not a "thrill" ride)hat I make a deliberate point to avoid. Most of the others, if I miss, it's because of time or crowds...but I prefer to keep me head clear of The Ee-vill Song.

My Must Do's at WDW?

PotC ride (course!)

Haunted Mansion

Kilimanjaro Safari

The Monorail (the transportation system of the *future*!)

Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Journey Into Imagination

Great Movie Ride

This list doesn't include the shows or 3d movies, or we'd be here a lot longer

Has anyone been on Small World with the new changes yet? I've already experienced it, twice now. I went when they had the sneak preview for Annual Passholders and then just went again on that same weekend. All they did was add Disney characters thru-out the ride. Actually it's the Small World children wearing the costumes of the Disney characters. For example, in England you see Alice in Wonderland and the white rabbit. Peter Pan and Cinderella are also seen as well. The changes are very subtle. If you didn't know to look for the changes the ride seems pretty much the same. There's an added room after the Hawaii part where it's some tribute to America. Looks more like some hoe down with Woody and Jessie from Toys Story. The same song is still there.....getting stuck in your head, lol!

Damn, thats sharp!

It's a world of laughter, a world or beers

Its a world of smashed hopes, its a world of fear

Theres so much that we'll never share

That its time we all beware

Its a small brothel after all

Its a small, small brothel

There is just one moon and one golden sun

And a smile means he be fleecing everyone.

And the oceans are wide

Capt'n Drake says its a small small brothel

Its a small, small brothel

While in LA this past fall for the TLAPD day event I got a chance to go to DL with some close friends and ride the POTC ride for the first time. I have to say my favorite part of the exp was going with Scarlett the Harlott and laughing our butts off when kids came up to her for autographs thinking she was the red head. Cracked me up. We have some pictures. I will have to share them.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

We wants the Redhead! We wants the Redhead!

While in LA this past fall for the TLAPD day event I got a chance to go to DL with some close friends and ride the POTC ride for the first time. I have to say my favorite part of the exp was going with Scarlett the Harlott and laughing our butts off when kids came up to her for autographs thinking she was the red head. Cracked me up. We have some pictures. I will have to share them.

Damn, thats sharp!

That's pretty cool, funny too! When I was there just last Friday, February 27th, this little kid wanted to ride with me on the Alice in Wonderland ride. He thought I looked just like Alice, lol! It was his birthday, he was wearing one of those Disney birthday buttons. His mom was like, "oh, geez, I better keep an eye on this kid when he gets older!" :D She allowed him to ride with me, but just sat behind us on the same caterpillar. Too funny, lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

:lol: Christine has stolen a young lad's virginity on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?!!??

... B) th' park has been soiled, it will ne'er be just a Small World e'er again...

:lol: Christine has stolen a young lad's virginity on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?!!??

... :huh: th' park has been soiled, it will ne'er be just a Small World e'er again...

I took the boy and gave back the man......LMAO!!!! :huh:

That still was just so weird and funny. My sister and I just were waiting in line for the Alice in Wonderland ride, minding our own business. The kid behind me had been staring at me for awhile. As we got closer to the front he told me how I look like Alice. I thought, okay, cute kid, lol! I noticed his birthday button and wished him a happy birthday. We were just about 3 people away from boarding when he says to me how he wants to ride in the same caterpillar with me. I was like, "huh?" lol! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg