Pirates of the Caribbean

Bart LeBaron

I'm not sure if this topic belongs here, but I couldn't find a better place for it.

Anyone who's been to Disneyland should know about the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, and hopefully has been on it at least once. Any pirate finatic would go crazy for this experience. While not period correct, it is a lot of fun, and you can immerse yourself in a pirate universe for a few minutes. So, I ask all you people who have been on the ride: what is your favorite part?

My favorite is the Blue Bayou section, with the fireflies and crickets and fog. It's so mysterious and calming.

"But why is the rum gone!?"--Captain Jack Sparrow

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At WDW, the part I like best is the battle between the ship and the fort. I love the rush of air as the cannon ball goes by (if your in the right spot at the right time) and the splash of the shot in the water next to the boats. Also the banter between the ship and the fort, "we will sink your stinking boat!" "give them another broadside lads and they'll go down with the tide" etc. I used to like best the pirates chaseing the wenches around in a circle and the girl in the barrel, but that all got changed with PC and again with Capt' Jack Sparrow. :lol:

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

Easy -- the pirate with all the hats on who's trying to get into the boat. Always wanted to make that set of hats as me own for pirootin.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

One thing that used to bug me a lot was that restaurant right next to the Blue Bayou section of the ride. However, I just learned from a website that Walt Disney purposely placed the restaurant there, to make it look like the backyard dinner party of a southern plantation. Thought that was kind of interesting.

"But why is the rum gone!?"--Captain Jack Sparrow

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the transformation in California better, with the Bayou at the beginning. It gave it more of a feeling like you were really headed for danger in a creepy night. I like the wench auction. I also thought the pirate hangin out with the pigs was cute.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Gosh, I've been on that ride so many times! I was always impressed by how real the dangling hairy leg of the pirate sitting on the bridge was! LOL But I also really liked the mysterious bayou with the winking fireflies and strange shacks.

Back in the late 70s I got stuck on the ride for a half an hour, right at the end where you're on a 45 degree angle, and the pirates are shooting over your head while the place burns. I got pretty tired of "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me." They ended up shutting the ride down, and we had Disney crew people help us off the boat and lead us out. While we were stuck there, my first husband was handing around a hip flask of rum!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 2 weeks later...

BLING! The TREASURE ROOM!!!!! BLING!

19.gif

--------------------

I may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but I'm certainly not the dullest!!

I am with Rumba on this ! SMILING A GREAT BIG SHINY AND NASTY *Wicked-Gold-Toothed-Grin* :angry:

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I have always been fascinated by the fire flys. Me fav be the battle between the Black Pearl wit Barbossa and Sparrow hiding as the coward he is, behind the fort walls ...eagh eagh..

The Black Pearl used to be the Wicked Wench Eye think.

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 3 weeks later...

its been along time since i was on it definitly before the pirates in the carribean movie but as i recall it was right before the movie released. the only part i remeber is the ship attacking the port but i really actally enjoyed the whole ride don't really recall any part being my "favorite"

cheers!

Cheers!

Adding me own thoughts on this...the ship vs fort be one...and the Wench Auction be another. I *like* redheads...by there was this one redhead in high school that I...well, never mind. (cold shower time, anyone?)

And just by way of gloating...I'm heading back to Walt Disney World on the 26th this month. I will be "re-piratizing" meself on the ride...and then blowing a wad of doubloons in the market attached to the ride. Get me some kiddie picture books that I can use for next years scrimshanding, among other things.

Damn, thats sharp!

Thar be pirates at Disneyland?!!??

:rolleyes:

Thar be a Disneyland???

:P

::stupid compass, Stop Point'n T' Knottsberry Farm!!!::

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

I'm not sure if this topic belongs here, but I couldn't find a better place for it.

Anyone who's been to Disneyland should know about the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, and hopefully has been on it at least once. Any pirate finatic would go crazy for this experience. While not period correct, it is a lot of fun, and you can immerse yourself in a pirate universe for a few minutes. So, I ask all you people who have been on the ride: what is your favorite part?

My favorite is the Blue Bayou section, with the fireflies and crickets and fog. It's so mysterious and calming.

My favorite part is dropping 10 feet down that little slide and screaming to the top of my lungs like I'm going to die. Always gets a laugh.

I'll help...since I'm getting things packed up to catch the tour bus (Anderson Coach and Tour) tonight whut be takin' down to Disney World...

My favorite part is dropping 10 feet down that little slide and screaming to the top of my lungs like I'm going to die. Always gets a laugh.

Anyone else care to comment so I can stop seeing my post about screaming like a little girl? anyone?

Damn, thats sharp!

I'll help...since I'm getting things packed up to catch the tour bus (Anderson Coach and Tour) tonight whut be takin' down to Disney World...

Good times. Enjoy the trip =)

I've never been to disney world. Just land and euro. Euro actually had rotting zombie flesh on their haunted mansion ride. I was impressed.

I've been on both. Funny, I liked the Florida one but my hubby liked the CA better. The CA one you were part of the attraction, and decor is much better. the Florida one It was more geared for the ride . If that makes sense. WDW is a lot closer to me than CA.

And like everything in Disney it ends with a gift shop...

ERIS

Welcome to my nightmare....

I have embraced my inner magpie. OOH SHINY!!

I'm back, and I did enjoy the stay in the semi-tropical paradise called Florida. Further detail and maybe a photo or two will likely appear tomorrow.

But is Europe in such a state of base poverty that they can't even afford *fresh* zombie flesh, but must resort to the rotten stuff?

Good times. Enjoy the trip =)

I've never been to disney world. Just land and euro. Euro actually had rotting zombie flesh on their haunted mansion ride. I was impressed.

Damn, thats sharp!

• 4 weeks later...

Hidden treasures on POTC the ride:

Treasure #1- When PotC was originally opened the skeletons were real, they were obtained from UCLA, but they were replaced later on when Disney had the ability to make a convincing faux skeleton.

Treasure #2- The anchor at Laffite's Landing, where you board les bateaux, is supposedly from one of Jean Laffite's ships.

Treasure #3- The Cannonballs have left a secret Mickey in the walls of the fort.

sail_battles_longbeach05_031_405.jpg

BATTLESAIL