ghost hunters....on Halloween

Did anyone else watch the live telecast of Ghost Hunters from the fort?

If so, what did you think of the situation where a dis-embodied voice told the TAPS people that they didn't belong there and to get out?

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

has anyone going to the PIP thought about contacting TAPS to see if the re-enactments held could entice more activity,perhaps drawing ghostly/disembodied participants at the fort there?

might interesting to see what could happen :D

just a thought

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Which fort was it? I don't have TV so I don't watch those shows. This topic came up with the PiP crew and I did suggest getting in touch with the Ghost-Hunters, but most want to do their own thing on that. I still think it would be good to have professional equipment on-site to give credibility to any sightings/findings. So they were told to get out? That is spooky-cool!

Bo

My wife cleared a bunch of space on the hard drive (and I deleted at least one episode of Band of Brothers in hidef :D ) and set the FiOS to record the whole thing. But she forget to protect it, so the next day it was overwrote by a bunch repeats of Dirty Jobs.

The fort in question is the one on Pea Patch Island. Fort... Fort... Delaware I think it is called. It's a cool place. A friend of mine was responsible for doing some of the restoration work on the some of the Civil War era rooms, then took my wife and I for a visit afterward. My wife thought she felt some "stuff" while we were out there, so she was really looking forward to seeing the episode.

On the plus side, I think she said there's an episode of highlights of the trip airing this week.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Professional equipment? We had some "ghost hunters" come out to a theater haunted house we did several years ago and their equipment wasn't exactly what I'd call technical. (In fact, they made us turn off all the lights so they could use it, which interrupted prime building time for almost an hour. :D )

"They hate this. I like to torture them. That's right, boys. It's Dr. Venkman! A lot of space. Just you?"

"Yes."

"Good."

"What is that thing you're doing?"

"It's technical. It's one of our little toys."

"I see. That's the bedroom, but nothing ever happened in there."

"What a crime."

"You know, you don't act like a scientist."

"They're usually pretty stiff."

"You're more like a game show host."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Fort Delaware it was, and yes they did have technology with them and on the TAPS website it gives a bit of information on the type of tech they use.

Yes, they were told to get out, it was weird, the voice was scratchy but it was audible. It happened twice. Other things happened as well.

I watched the one episode where they went to a Naval museum on an old ship out in CA. Strange things happened there too. Of course there are times when nothing happens, but on those occasions where events take an unusal turn it is worth watching.

They are on in my area Wednesday nights. AND YES, they do have a website where you can watch some of the previous episodes.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

OH, you might ask why I watch it? I watch the program because after my dad died a couple of years ago I had a couple of unusal experiences myself. Long story and I don't think anyone would believe me anyway. :unsure:

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

OH, you might ask why I watch it? I watch the program because after my dad died a couple of years ago I had a couple of unusal experiences myself. Long story and I don't think anyone would believe me anyway. :unsure:

we all dress as pyrates..... :lol: .....nothing you can say would be toooo weird for the likes of us!?!?!?!

yeah, Bo's is right...some of us are going to PiP to have a look see after hours....perfect time....all day re-enactin....they have been renovations on the fort itself.....perfect for dredgin up the spirits...!?!?!?!

but before anyone goes out and buys the expensive "equipment"....or get the "profesionals" to come...thought it would be nice to see if their were any truth to the claims at the fort....for once the "Ghost Hunters" come....they take over and only tell ya about it later...i'm more of a hands on type meeseslf.....

cant believe i missed the Hollowen special...i TiVO every episode...never miss one....then i went and missed this one cause it was on a different night....!!?!?!?!

anything good i missed???

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

I have seen TAPS watched about four of their shows...Im kinda on the fence with this group and would have to see them in action..but hey it would be fun anyway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Like I wrote before, there was one area where an disembodied voice told them that they didn't belong there not once but twice. And the look on the guy's face was priceless. He did a little jump and as asking the other guy a few feet away from hm "DID YOU HEAR THAT?" made a beeline for him. Away from the voice.

Yeah it made me jump a bit too.

They are going to have a brief follow up on Wednesday before they proceed to the next investigation.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

The episode that got me kind of hooked was when they were on the battleship museum. There were things that happened that really interested me.

Like I wrote the experiences that happened after my dad died was unusual, more so that it didn't just happen to me.

I am not sure if I would participate as I, from a very young age, seem to be a bit of a magnet for things to happen. LOL Yes, others have been around when they happened. However, I will leave it at that as I guarantee ya wouldn't believe it if I told ya. NO I am not trying to tease you on this. I really don't think you would believe me and don't want to get into a tiff over it.

That being said (won't mention them again) it is because of my own experiences that I do have an open mind when it comes to things of this nature. I know it can happen, but, I am also a skeptic and look for all logical explanations first then when all pausible explanations are examined then I will say ok, it is of another realm.

Additional, the thing I understand about this program is you have to take their word that something really happened as shown and being a tv program if they don't have some "unusual" activity then their viewership would fall.

So, did it really happen or did they have a helping hand? Don't know but love the possibilities.

:blink:

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Lady Cassandra..Trust me I would believe you. I too have had for lack of a better term unusual experiences and the more I read this thread and the one at the Tavern I am reminded of things that I had forgotten. I too have an open mind and had to have my home blessed cause I pick things up and bring em home with me..Yep gotta love the strays.

I would go just to see what would happen..but sometimes these guys just seem...fake. Though I must admit there was another paranormal investigation team on right before halloween..something Hauntings or whatever..there was a medium, a psychic, and one other and they really seemed fake..still it does make one wonder what they would find, could find and bring to the table. But during PiP would be really neat as everyone would be dressed up so surely those "left behind" would think they were being invaded and come forth.

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

You should ask historyfanatic about his unexplained experiences. It's pretty creepy.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I watched the one episode where they went to a Naval museum on an old ship out in CA. Strange things happened there too. Of course there are times when nothing happens, but on those occasions where events take an unusal turn it is worth watching.

My two favorites were the dark shadow thing peering down from the upper levels of the inside of the lighthouse and the glass shattering on the nightstand of Jason's room in the haunted hotel.

My Home on the Web

I would go just to see what would happen..but sometimes these guys just seem...fake.

I'm not sure if I trust them or not. It is tv after all. But I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do.

My wife has had more than her fair share of odd encounters. The most fun was the time we were visiting some old house on Cape Cod. She was standing in front of me and kept acting like something was touching her. She told me to stop, and I, who was a good five feet away, said, "it's not me."

My Home on the Web

My two favorites were the dark shadow thing peering down from the upper levels of the inside of the lighthouse and the glass shattering on the nightstand of Jason's room in the haunted hotel.

MINE TOO!!!....the light house kinda freaked me out 'coase i had been in that Lighthouse when i was a kid....and my brothers and i kept tryin to "sneak up" on another brother ahead of us....but when we got to the top....noone was there...and we heard our brother comming up the stairs behind us....!?!!?...i haddnt thought about that for years until i saw damn near the same thing happen to the "team" on the show!?!?! :blink:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

That is my favorite episode of all time I would have to say. Just seeing that thing look down.

*whistles*

Makes you sleep with the lights on

When my wee one was a bit wee-er than she is now we were asleep in my bed and something grabbed my ankle..I woke up and I had a hand mark that later bruised. Intresting is it not..

And last night my wee one could not sleep..said she felt like someone was watching her and we could hear noise of some sort. Never did figure out what the noise was and I tore up the house.

OH, you might ask why I watch it? I watch the program because after my dad died a couple of years ago I had a couple of unusal experiences myself. Long story and I don't think anyone would believe me anyway. B)

Oh, I am sure I would believe you. I have had many unusual experiences especially with the dead since I was about 2 years of age. I have a lot of stories I could share. And just like Syren, I bring them home some times. And now my son has proven several times already that my gift has been passed down to him.

I watch the ghost hunting shows when ever I get the chance. I find them interesting.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

taking a deep breath...ok, I have had several experiences...but, I will tell the tamest three of mine. Believe it or not up to you.

1st.

When I was about 7 years old ouija boards were a big thing...being sold as a board game, well my sister, brother and dad tried it several times but nothing really happened. That is until I put my fingers on it. Then it seemed to move on air. We asked several questions got answers thought it was fun and put it away. HOWEVER, later that night strange noises started in the house. We had the noises and such for a few days. Then after I was alone in the house during the day (mother was out in the yard) I heard whispers. I told it to go away to get out, the noise got louder I got scared but demanded it to leave. We didn't have it after that.

2nd.

While I was out in California I was at the computer doing some writing for another website. My character there has witchy tendencies. So, the scene I was doing needed a summoning spell. As my habit I was reading it out loud to see how it sounded. I kept tweaking it until it somehow "felt" right. Then I read it outloud. noises started in the living room, things started dropping off the one shelf. my computer which, at that time, didn't have a speaker of any sort started making unusual noises. I went back to the writing and ended it with a demand for the spirit to leave. Everything suddenly stopped. I changed the wording to something a bit more ...ah tame. Then after a few days and speaking with one of the other writers I remove most of the spell and only gave the impression that the character did it.

But, yes I still have what I wrote. Always wondered what might happen if I use it in a more direct way. LOL NAW... bad very BAD....no sense in tempting fate.

3rd.

after my dad died I was sitting watching tv late at night at my mom's house in OH when all of a sudden the tv went bonkers. along the bottom of the screen went white and letters started appearing, random at first then it became words. My daughter came into the room seeing it unplugged the tv. Within minutes of plugging it back up it started again. That kept happening only when I was in the room at night and it only began when I was there alone. Yes, my daughter came into the room and seen it but it only began when I was there first and alone.

My mom still has the tv and in the 2 years I have been back here NOTHING like that has happened.

Then when I went back to CA and for a few days my tv would seemingly go on by itself to white noise when I was in the bedroom at my computer. No there wasn't a timer on the tv. During a massage session the therapist (a sensitive) and I had a chat. She said she felt a presence nearby. I asked for a description and it didn't sound like my dad. But she felt it wasn't there to hurt me so I just shugged it off.

And then one night I was at the computer when a male voice told me he just wanted to let me know he was there and not to be afraid. I turned off the computer immediately and went for a walk. Telling myself it was a freak instance. Then, I believe it was the next day, I came home from work. My next door neighbor rushed out and met me she said she was about to call the landlords. I asked why? She stated that she had been hearing banging noises, a muffled voice and such coming from my apartment ever since she got home . It was frightening her, she thought I was in there and that maybe something was wrong. It was really freaking her out, for some reason she wasn't sure what to do. Then she said she heard the gate and saw I was just coming home.

I told her I would check it out. I went in and found the tv on ...white noise. and things had been moved. I went back outside and told her it was ok, I must have left the tv on. UMMM, the thing that I didn't tell her was I always have a habit of unplugging things when I leave for work, did then ...still do. It saves on electricity. ANYWHO...So I got a sage bundle out lit it and proceeded to cleanse the apartment. things seemed to settle down after that. But, to this day I still wonder exactly what my next door neighbor heard cause I will never forget the look of fear on her face.

OK, deep breath...those are three of my more tame experiences. As I said believe it or not...up to you.

Anyone else care to share experiences?

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

OH, I will state here and now I believe that Ouija Boards should NEVER be used as a game. NEVER EVER LET A CHILD PLAY WITH A OUIJA BOARD. a child is too innocent, too trusting and too easily fooled and/or manipulated

You never know if anyone may be a sensitive and not know it. If that happens that person could be opening themselves up to a WHOLE lot of TROUBLE. You never know who or what you might pull through. and just because they say they are nice doesn't mean that they are.

A liar in life would much more from the other realm. Only thing, from the other realm you would have no clues such as body language or eyes to judge things by and that spells TROUBLE.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

OH, I will state here and now I believe that Ouija Boards should NEVER be used as a game. NEVER EVER LET A CHILD PLAY WITH A OUIJA BOARD. a child is too innocent, too trusting and too easily fooled and/or manipulated

I remember as kids we found a Ouija board at my grandfather's house and one of my relatives (I don't remember witch... ha...) had major issues with us playing with it.

My Home on the Web

I will never touch or be anywhere close to a OUIJA BOARD if I can help it. Even when working at Toys R Us I swear every time we sold one it went through my line. I would call my manager toscan and bag it and if we were fronting and facing after the store was closed and I was nominated for the game wall I would never touch the OUIJA BOARD or anything that touched it.