5th annual Baltimore Pirate Invasion/Privateers Day

crimson corsair

Yea it would be nice to have a pyracy.com banner flying somewhere with a little sign in sheet so we know who is who. I often have guys come up to me at shows and start talking to me like they know me and I am clueless. Then half way into the convo I figure out who it is that I am talking to. I would hate to miss out greeting a fellow pubber.

I will be at my booth most of the day on sat but make sure you all check in at the Pirates Mag booth. I would like to set up a photo time to get a pub group shot at the event. Once the schedule is official maybe we can find a 5 min window to sneak in such a shot.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the schedule is official maybe we can find a 5 min window to sneak in such a shot.

Fer the life of me scheduling meself to be shot is not the best reason I could think of to travel to Baltimore. :unsure:

Kidding aside, I think that is a very good idea and ye can count me in.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I have my "P" black spot button.... I even have a cool custom one made with me name on it..

I will be sure to have that on.. The HELLO MY NAME IS... that is kinda funny. I may have to pick up a pack or maybe someone can print out some cool PYRACY ones.

My best friend has a t-shirt with the red and white stick printed on the t-shirt and it says HELLO MY NAME IS...

Inigo Montoya,you klled my father, prepare to die.

extended forcast for April 17th and 18th.

Highs in the mid to lower uppers, a chance of beer and occasional rum.

"No matter where you go. There you are."

Well I should have a list of Pirate friendly bars and pubs by the end of this week for the Pyrate Invasion pub crawl that evening. You are by no means restricted to those establishments. I will also try to post if any of the bars have covers that night as well. I know four or five of the bars there have live music and those bars may have cover charges. Also I believe that there will be a great deal on parking to on Saturday. Rumor has it may be under $5.00 all day Saturday. That saves you more money for beer and rum. I know I spent a lot of money on beer and rum last year, the rest I just wasted.

We have a lot of fellow nautical slavage experts getting excited about this event. We just picked up four more people confirmed to attend from right here locally in SoCal last weekend.

With airfares out of LAX being round trip at about $250 it sure makes this trip a lot more do able than the $600 it was six months ago.

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Yea I have a blacksmith event here at my shop at the end of March and I am hosting a few guys from SoCal. We were all supprised by how cheap the airfair was.

Lucky I guess. Who all is coming out from Cali that you know? We have 9 of our Cali Press Gang so far but I knew that quite a few others were coming.

I am hoping to pull a few friends up from FL too. We will see.

I went to trim my beard last night and I couldn't find me clippers. Might be a sign to let it grow till April. I dont knwo though. I have gotten used to eating a hamburger without getting crap all over my face. I may be "Matt the Shorn" this go around.

thatworks.shop

Who all is coming out from Cali that you know?

The Sage Lion (Confirmed)

Salma Gundy (Confrimed)

John Marnus (Says he's coming)

Hellena (Said she was coming)

Some other folks but no indication they will follow through at this time.

Cantankerous Jan

and meself

Sage Lion, Salma Gundy, Cantankerous Jan and I had lunch with you and Hellena the last day of PyrateCon on Burbon Street last year.

Fair Winds,

-Greydog

Edited by Graydog

Oh cool. Yes I remember having lunch with you in New Orleans. It was a nice afternoon. I will try to have a sword to show mr Sage. I have talked with him for a few years about making him a sword in the style of our jolly rodger cutlass but with a compass rose instead of the skull and Xbones.

thatworks.shop

For being among the first 30 people to register for the ball on Friday night, we are getting a free ride on the Fearless (allegedly with rum!) that starts an hour before the ball and will deliver us to the ball itself. That's a nice surprise and will add bit more fun to an already fun event. Albiet a disguised motor launch, its still more fun than hoofing it from the hotel to the ball. Its nice that the event has such gracious sponsors to make such perks possible.

Tis the pirate life for me!

-Greydog

So Rogue, are you going to the Ball Friday night as well?

That's the plan. My crew and I haven't bought tickets yet though. I just sent them out an e-mail to light a fire under their behinds! :(

That night is my boyfriend's birthday too, it seems like a memorable way to celebrate.

A small vessel, as in " That damned Dutch-built hoy"

A hoy was a small sloop-rigged coasting ship or a heavy barge used for freight. The word derives from the Middle Dutch hoey

Precisely what it was like and what its use, changed with time. In the fifteenth century it might be a small spritsail-rigged warship like a cromster. Like the earlier forms of the French chaloupe, it could be a heavy and unseaworthy harbour boat or a small coastal sailing vessel. (Latterly, the chaloupe was a pulling cutter - nowadays motorized.)

Principally, and more so latterly, the hoy was a passenger and/or cargo boat. From an English point of view, it was particularly one working in the Thames Estuary and southern North Sea in the manner of the Thames sailing barge of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. However, the name originated in the Netherlands and from there, a slightly different vessel did the same sort of work in similar waters.

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

We have another meetng tonight so I hope to have some more details for you soon.

Crimson

Awesome!

Whenever I try and go to the Invasion website all I get is a white screen, is that going to be updated soon?

That website was put together by "The BlenderWench" as she did the website stuff for the first 3 Invasions. Fells Point took the helm on the invasion this year. There was no need for her to continue up keep on it.

Sorry if that was misleading anyone.

We have another meetng tonight so I hope to have some more details for you soon.

Crimson

Awesome!

Whenever I try and go to the Invasion website all I get is a white screen, is that going to be updated soon?

That website was put together by "The BlenderWench" as she did the website stuff for the first 3 Invasions. Fells Point took the helm on the invasion this year. There was no need for her to continue up keep on it.

Sorry if that was misleading anyone.

Shiver me timbers! Fells Point Main Street Hosts 5th Annual Privateer Day April 18th

Baltimore, MD, March 30th, 2009: On Friday and Saturday April 17th-18th 2009, Fells Point Main Street will host the 5th Annual Privateer Day and Pyrate Invasion in Baltimore, Maryland. The nautical and pirate-themed festival kicks off Friday night April 17th with a Swashbuckler Soiree from 8p to midnight at the Frederick Douglass Museum. This fundraiser (tickets are $35/40) includes live music from the Brigands and Craig Williams & Darcy Nair, hors devours in the form of a taste of 12 Fells Point restaurants and complimentary rum from Pirates Choice and wine from Linganore Winery. Dress is pirate attire or black tie, please.

Saturday’s Privateer Day runs from 10am to 7pm and features lives music from the Brigands, and Salty Dogs, unique vendors, children’s activities and much more. Other highlights include a Living History Camp at Bond Street Wharf Park, mock sword battle, live parrots and a village wide treasure hunt. Climb on board and tour visiting tall ships such as the Pride of Baltimore and Fearless (complete with boat cruise), Lioness and Lady Maryland. Come celebrate Fearless’ first birthday complete with a cake from Ace of Cakes!

The afternoon concludes with a bang- a battle at sea just off Fells Point with the Pride of Baltimore II, the Lioness and Schooner Farewell, recreating a privateer attack on a pirate ship, complete with cannon and gunfire. Come see who will gain control of Fells Point!

The evening kicks off at 7:00pm with a Pirate Invasion at over 15 local pubs, featuring Pirates Choice and other drink specials. Tickets are $3/5 and come complete with a button and invasion map filled with specials. Come plunder the point ‘till midnight with several hundred of your closest pirate friends.

For more information visit: http://www.fellspointmainstreet.org/privateerday.html

Just chatted a bit with some of our West Coasters that are getting ready to come out. We are all super excited. This will be a grand event!

I plan on bringing as many swords as I can but now is your chance to suggest something that you may like to see. This doesn't mean that you have to comfirm a purchase but if I am making them anyway it might as well be what you want to see. I will have some damascus pieces and maybe even some high end wootz blades that we are now making.

The soiree will be the best. I will be working right up untill the hour before so it will be a huge let loose event for me.

I heard rumors of a possible contest where the prize will be one of my swords...

thatworks.shop