5th annual Baltimore Pirate Invasion/Privateers Day

crimson corsair

Ahoy!!!!!

Hoist the colors to the top of the mast agian for a 5th time!!!!

"X" marks the spot!!!! Put that "X" on your calender for the 18th of April.

The details for this year are still in the works. As the details come out I will be sure to post them.

Do you have a favorite moment from past years? Please post them. We hear everyone has a great time but lets hear your stories!!!

Crimson Corsair and Blender Wench.

"No matter where you go. There you are."

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahoy!!!!!

Hoist the colors to the top of the mast agian for a 5th time!!!!

"X" marks the spot!!!! Put that "X" on your calender for the 18th of April.

The details for this year are still in the works. As the details come out I will be sure to post them.

Do you have a favorite moment from past years? Please post them. We hear everyone has a great time but lets hear your stories!!!

Crimson Corsair and Blender Wench.

Uh, and this has to do with Pirates in Paradise how? And it's in here, why?

-- Hurrciane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Ah Corsair, too long has it been since I seen ye post on these pages, I hope all be well with ye kith and kin.

Cheers, I say, cheers, for this event which grew from very humble beginings ( as ye well know, better then most).

Favorite moment(s):

1) Way back when it was a wee pubcrawl, confined to 200 or so bretheren - the singing in the square after midnight,

along with other pirates who were in thier cups.

2) When the manhole covers on the street blew up, during The Brigands performance last year!

3) Firing our cannon from the deck of one of the pirate ships last year, during the sea battle. Gave my crew a real taste of true engagement conditions and rate of fire!

We def have to hook up after hours for some real drinking!

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

3) Firing our cannon from the deck of one of the pirate ships last year, during the sea battle. Gave my crew a real taste of true engagement conditions and rate of fire!

Ahhh... you guys were sailing rings around us. And I'll never forget the look on your face as you put fire to powder... it was the proverbial kid in a candy shop look. Fun!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

God knows I will be there. I will be bringing loads of me crew along with me. I have missed the last few years due to the "Con", but not this year. My Shop is about 15-20 mins from fells point so if anyone needs anything let me know. I am game to make some cool stuff. I also have some guys with some cannons. If anyone wants to shoot them off let me know.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

I and a few of the lads be very much interested in this one. When will there be some updates to the website? We are looking for more information before we can commit to fly in from the west coast.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

If you do come let me know, that way we can press chirurgeon Miller into bringing his tent full of goodies and setting up shop.

That alone makes the idea of a trip worthwhile!

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Ahhh... you guys were sailing rings around us. And I'll never forget the look on your face as you put fire to powder... it was the proverbial kid in a candy shop look. Fun!

Boy, thats the truth. Usualy, we get to fire an opening and closing round, maybe a noon gun, and thats it. When the Capt said fire as much and as quick as ye can, we applied the spurs with a will !

Blackjohn, you're another one we need to bend elbows with next year.

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

If you do come let me know, that way we can press chirurgeon Miller into bringing his tent full of goodies and setting up shop.

That alone makes the idea of a trip worthwhile!

Crap... I'm about 100% certain this event is going to conflict with Marching Through Time, just like it did last year. If so... aaaghhhh... I'm torn over which to do. And I suspect it will be tough to get Jeff to give up his chance to be a gallowglass or do his Irish 1918 impression (whichever he has plans for).

I'll look further into it. Maybe I can coax some people to do Saturday in Baltimore and Sunday at MtT...

:(

My Home on the Web

My favorite part is that I can dress like a pirate and enjoy the pubs of Fells Point. I can't think of an exact memory, the whole event is just plain fun.

I wasn't impressed with the Green Turtle last year. They kind of stuck their noses up at my group, and we were well behaved. After waiting for a table and then waiting an addtional 20 minutes for a waiter we left.

[ And I suspect it will be tough to get Jeff to give up his chance to be a gallowglass or do his Irish 1918 impression (whichever he has plans for).

You'd have more luck in getting the Pope to convert to Buddhism than you would have to get Jeff to give up an Irish impression oppertunity! This conflict of dates be a sad turn of events.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

[ And I suspect it will be tough to get Jeff to give up his chance to be a gallowglass or do his Irish 1918 impression (whichever he has plans for).

You'd have more luck in getting the Pope to convert to Buddhism than you would have to get Jeff to give up an Irish impression oppertunity! This conflict of dates be a sad turn of events.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

Agreed, it is. I will poke him though. If I can get him to go, I will definitely be there.

My Home on the Web

How do I pronounce this street?

Alice Anna?.....or aLiCEEanna?

Alice Anna. One of the buildings on Aliceanna Street used to be a pharmacy run by some distant relative. They had a stained glass window made up with our name followed by Pharmacy, so as kids, it was always cool to drive by and check it out. That area has seen a lot of urban renewal, but that building and window are still there. At least they were last time I checked.

My Home on the Web

• 3 weeks later...

Avast ye scallywags.

If'n any of you be wishin to stay the night in Fells Point you may want to be makin yer reservations soon. The fine folks at the Fells point Development Corporation have been working with local hotels and are pleased to offer visitors to Fells Point Privateer Day the following room rates for the Admiral Fell Inn. The WFI has set aside a limited number of rooms at $169 per night, with a two night minimum stay. When booking with either the reservation center or directly through Admiral Fell Inn you should give group reservation #479069 and group name Privateer Day 2009. These rooms will be available until March 1st or until the block of rooms are booked, so I wouldn’t wait until February to book.

The cabins will go fast....

Keep a weather eye out for more details as they come over the horizon.

Crimson.

Quick question, how big of an event would you say it is(so help me if rather go there than piratecon)? Im personally more akin to Blackbeards in Hampton. Is privateers day bigger?smaller?better? in you opinion that is.

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

I have enjoyed Blackbeard Fest in Hampton Va the past 3 years. Their Encampment area is great. We will have a larger living history Encampment this year as well We have more in the way of a harbor for ship to ship engagements. The size is around the same as Blackbeard. The day time event is made up of vendors and fun family things to do as well as great Shantie bands like The Brigands. Same as you would find at Blackbeard or any other pirate event. This is where the similarities end.

The night time stuff is like nothing else around. After 6:00 pm the Pirates take over the taverns and bars of Fells Point.

The family fun stuff goes the way side and the debauchery begins. Last year there were well over 500 pirates. This year we expect more. some will be reenactors,some will be pirate enthusiasts, to just eye patched plastic hooked pirates.

I hear Pirate con is a little expensive. Ours will set you back $5.00 for the Baltimore Pirate Invasion Button that gives you discounts on beer and food at some of the bars. The fun you will have with your fellow pirates will be priceless.

Just ask anyone how has joined us before.

Crimson Corsair.

Here is our site. It hasn't been updated to match this years date

http://www.baltimorepyrateinvasion.com/

Edited by crimson corsair

I wish the hotels wouldn't require a two night minimum.

It would have been nice to have a place to stay that one night so we don't need a designated driver. However, I'm only 45 minutes from Baltimore so it just isn't worth the extra money for me or my friends to do two a two night stay.