Don't Talk Like A Pirate Day

MadL

Break Out Th' Guns Lads - This Means WAR!!!

Don't Talk Like A Pirate Day!

I just found this notice posted in port:

(clipit)

Microsoft plans on Tuesday to announce “Global Anti-Piracy Day,” an effort to gain attention for the steps the company undertakes in order to thwart those who would engage in th' sweet trade and enjoy festivals while talking like a pirate and drinking gallons of rum.

As part of the event, Microsoft is highlighting recent antipiracy efforts in 49 countries, ranging from hangings, floggings, imprisonment, and confiscation of weapons and arms.

It’s the kind of thing that Microsoft does all the time, although the company is aiming for some added ink by grouping together so many actions at once.

(end o' clipit)

THIS MEANS WAR!!!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

So does this mean the next Mac commercial will feature pirates ?

Yaaaaar! I hope so.

If you run Vista, here's a nifty little customization you can do.

http://www.stardock.com/products/mycolors/...ry.asp?p=pirate

I have yet to test it though. So go by your own accord. I will try it tonight when I get home. However, the real piracy act is the price. YAAAAAAAR!!!!!!

Edited by Thequartermaster

Hmmm... well, sounds like I won't be buyin' any more MS software. And what software I'll be crossin'... I'll toss it into the waters like the Boston Tea Party! :blink:

Damn them! Damn them all for ruining our bloody fun! :P

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Now don't go gett'n too hasty there Lady B, as I understand it next year we may be taxed on Rum too!!!

(or perhaps they will just take half t' give t' rummies down on th' corner too lazy t' go get their own... :blink: )

...and black powder tax, 'n lead shot tax, 'n leather tax, 'n linen tax, 'n hard tack tax, 'n steel tax, tax on festival tickets....oh, 'n tax tax!

O' course ye gotta pay tax on th' tax, ye see, if ye be pay'n tax then that be income fer th' government 'n th' government do naught pay no tax so ye gotta be taxed fer what ye pay them; thus the Tax Tax.

Aye, 'n if ye be in Californie then it be 8.9% tax 'n 10% tax on th' tax :blink:

('n that be from th' net, naught th' gross, ye get t' keep th' stuff between yer toes, fer now anyway)

Edited by MadL