Airship Pyrates....

Patrick Hand

Chain Shot and I checked out the local Military surplus store in town. Kinda a bust. They had some really kewl stuff, but very expensive. Shite, I remember "back in the day" when you could get stuff at the surplus store dirt cheap. Not any more. We also checked out some thrift stores, but didn't find anything that would work, except for one duster type coat for Chain Shot. Problem was, the arms of the coat were WAY too short for him, and it was too nice a coat to cut up. Oh well, we'll keep looking. Got a lot of ideas floating through our heads, so we'll come up with something eventually.

Nice drawings, Patrick! And I like the idea of Lake Tahoe as the safety port...but would it still be called Lake Tahoe?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's a good jacket for a cheap price... get her and chop them sleeves off!! Make a kind of shoulder pad or add a couple thin leather pads to the shoulder for an armor look??

Just an idea!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

but would it still be called Lake Tahoe?

I think so... kindda an Indian name (or so I've been told)

maybe add Washington and Oregon to California and go with a Western Republic..

I kinda thought about that... but the original thought was that was where the Mormons went (they were kinda militant/bad ass back then....).... But I changed my mind when I thought that was where Ransom was from...... :blink:

And down in San San Fran, isn't there a good size oriental population??? maybe California went heavily oriental??

Real History... the Orientals did exist.... but they were so subjugated..... (sorry real History) All the "evils" of San Fransisco were because of the Chinese..... (Not my say... just racist history) Hey... what we did to the Chinese was really ... really bad.... but I figure it would still happen in an alternative Steampunk history...

Sorry, but we like having someone "below" us.....

Steampunk doesn't have to be "nice"... the icky parts of the fantacy allow us to see where we are messing up and not doing "nice"....or well.. what we need to change.... (the political part of it..)

<look at the "N" word .... it just means a Lazy man... or does it.... questioning Society and the way we think is a large part of the whole Speampunk thought.....

Edited the "n" word..... just because it might be offensive to people....

:::Using my best pyrate girl frown::: "Hey, I can be bad-ass...even if I'm not a Mormon. No really, I can....oh come on, I can LOOK bad-ass, doncha think? And I can drink rum...okay, I don't like to get drunk, but I still like the taste....And my sword's only rubber in Patrick's comics, so jeeze guys, lemme be bad-ass, okay? :rolleyes::huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Found these through the Steampunk Home blog site. Kinda neat.

Playing Cards

Perfect for a game during quiet time on the Columbia's Revenge.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Pouting? Whose pouting? I was stomping my foot and grinding my teeth. I don't pout, I get even—pyrate!. As for the crow....that's Edgar. He perches on my shoulder, not on my lip! :unsure:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

:D:D:D :::Sticks out tongue and gives Patrick the raspberry:::

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Sticks out tongue and gives Patrick the raspberry:::

Well.....

Is that any way for the Bombardier to act in a public forum......

Hummm.... the crew reviews are coming up shortly, and that may not look so good on your referrals......

(see... that's why I'm just Crew... I can pick me nose, and no one evev cares.......(it's just who I flick th' boogers at that gets me into trouble....))

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy mates!

Yer will be needin' a cook fer the crew wontcha? Sure an I be a foine cook, jes ask me lady. In a pinch I ken mix up a batch of 'plosives too, don'tcha know? Where be the articles ta sign? Me lads back in Erin would be right proud. P'haps a wee dram o' rum would be appropriate eh? Jes point me ta the galley!

Did I mess up the revenge thread? should I have posted that other stuff here?

I'm kinda new to bulletin boards, and may be breaking etiquette. If I should post general discussion here and not there let me know. If you need to erase those I'm cool.

You know I thought about it and Dot could be a fun character to add some trouble amongst the crew, but that means I have to wear girl clothes...of course I could be so suspicious of mutiny against my husband ( of course the real mutiny is against ME) that I often try to disguise myself and spy on crew thats how I end up in jobs where i don't belong and inevitably screw things up - part of why you all hate me.

Ok I think I'm resolved on my character, the idea is too fun to give up.

Oh amd Mary inspired me... what do you think of making the last name Dudley... then calling me Dot the Dud makes even more sense. . Sorry... I get excited and carried away... I'm not self absorbed ... REALLY!! .....I'm not. .... :rolleyes: just passionate about creating characters... I LOVE IT!

The Captain ... how about Commander Mortimer Ulysses Dudley

Patrick,

How much of the world around us have you already worked out?

Why are we pirates, are me on a mission, privateers?

What are the worlds treasures, i.e. what's our cargo?

Are we technology thieves?

Are there major shortages in the world and we're kind of Robin Hood like pirates? I like the idea of spreading the wealth amidst an Armageddon.

Are there beings from other planets on earth?

We can go anywhere with this. I really do love sci-fi, so much room for commentary, to explore social dynamics and morality. Our history and the stories we create tell so much about who we are and where we're going. I so enjoy exploring the world through a characters eyes. We discover so much, when we have all this room to play... the past. the present, AND the future! My neighbor in LA was a film consultant. She has a degree in applied mythology of all things. And would consult on building more solid archetypes, working with the great myths of the world. She also consulted the government. They would fly her to DC to lecture the top brass during war planning... crazy huh?? How our past colors our present, often determines our future.

Excited about starting our adventures!!

Edited by RustyNell

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

In one of the local flea-markets, there is a booth that is all victorian clothing, mostly original, some repro. I never looked around there much as I wasn't into it before. I did get a shirt from there, a repro plaquard(sic?) button front cowboy type for $15 like new. They had some knickers pants and even a coat-n-tails tuxedo thing in the guy section. I couldn't find anything that fit in the gals section though. :rolleyes: I'm going up there today to kill some time, if I see anything really cool and the prices are fair, I'll let ya'll know. Anything specific I need to look for anyone?

Bo

I couldn't find anything that fit in the gals section though.

Bo.... yer startin' ter worry us......... :rolleyes:

I finally got some batterys for my camera, so I should take some pictures kinda soon.....

I still have to fix the legs on the jophers I made outta light blue denim, they are a mix of a pattern from The Bluebook of Men's Tailoring and the pockets from a pattern book on the Union Army uniform. ...

And add eppiletts to the black leather combat vest (but it has a lot of pockets...) ... and finish the leather flight helmet.... I will be using the orangeish brown shirt that I use to wear for Civil War reenacting (14th TENN. Vol. Inf.) with arm garters....

I also want to make a holsterish belt and either make/modify ob buy a pair of gauntleted gloves. ...

Eventually, I will have to buy a pair of Goth high boots and add a buncha straps and buckles....

I hadda drive down to Santa Cruz yesterday, and as I was going through Campbell, (listening to Abney Park :unsure: ) I looked up and there it was..... a Honest to goodness AIRSHIP ! For Real.....

I know there is a Company outta the Bay Area that is offering Airship rides.... but it was really cool to actully see the thing flying......

In one of the local flea-markets, there is a booth that is all victorian clothing, mostly original, some repro. I never looked around there much as I wasn't into it before. I did get a shirt from there, a repro plaquard(sic?) button front cowboy type for $15 like new. They had some knickers pants and even a coat-n-tails tuxedo thing in the guy section. I couldn't find anything that fit in the gals section though. :unsure: I'm going up there today to kill some time, if I see anything really cool and the prices are fair, I'll let ya'll know. Anything specific I need to look for anyone?

Bo

Hmmm, I'm kinda looking for a Victorian-style blouse, only in black not white. If they have anything close, in either a medium, or a size 8, and the price was fair, I might be interested. Especially if you could take a picture of it and post it. That would be very kewl. B) Thanks for the offer of checking things out.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Yay... I got the rest of the day off (waiting for confirmation on two mascots)

Maybe I can finish my combat vest and do some more work on the flight helmet... I'm going to add earphones in the ear pieces, so I can listen to music when I'm wearing it... kinda elaborate headphones......

Hmmm, I'm kinda looking for a Victorian-style blouse, only in black not white. If they have anything close, in either a medium, or a size 8, and the price was fair, I might be interested. Especially if you could take a picture of it and post it. That would be very kewl. B) Thanks for the offer of checking things out.

I'm a "regular" at the flea markets around here, so I have no trouble with getting pictures as long as the camera is working. I'll go look for that and see what I find.

They sold the monkey suit dangitt! I wanted that tux w/tails to get all grimy and patched-up too! :unsure:

Bo

• 2 weeks later...

Lady Alyx, that link didn't work.... it's not a link to Abney Park is it?.....

Airship Pyrates.....

They are playing .........Wednesday March 18th in San Fransisco....

http://www.slimstickets.com/evinfo.php?eve...=31645&sid=

Mid week.... but I might have to go there in alla my Airship Pyrate finery.........

Chain Shot just suggested another good place to find study, steamy looking pants. Walmart! They have a line of work pants, kinda a Carrhart's wannabe, for only $16.00. They come in black or a sort of army tan, and army green. They have pockets and hammer loops on the pant legs, which would be kewl for carrying weapons or maps. Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there for consideration, since the price was so good. :o

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

"So... I've been told you have some cargo ya want moved that isn't exactly... legal..."

AP01.jpg

"We might be able to help you with that... For a price..."

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org