Airship Pyrates....

Patrick Hand

"Aye ma'am... Don't expect a bargain... It may cost you dearly... I don't speak for the crew, that's the captain's job..."

AP02.jpg

"Think long and hard if you still want me to take this information back to the ship, for their will need to be further... negotiations. "

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to stop futzing around and get to work finishing my Airship Pyrate stuff....

The light blue denim jophers will work, Red Handed Jill sent me a pair of German snow gators that are really cool, I'm thinking of using them as a pattern to make two more pair that are even higher, calf high with lots of buckles....

Add eppelets to the combat vest, and a decreateive shoulder rope... and finish the leather flight cap....

I wanna make a leather utility belt, and a small pack that looks like an old fashioned parachute... and weapons...

I gotta lot to do if I want to go see Abney Park mid-March.......

Very nice, Dorian! You kinda look like you just walked off the set of Firefly. Kewl!

Well, I tried Wallyworld today, and couldn't find any of the work pants in a small enough size to fit. However, Chain Shot found me a very nice pair of men's army green cargo pants. I love cargo pants. These have all kinds of pockets, zip closures at the ankle, and came with a dark brown web belt, that I can customize. Also, they were already pretty distressed, so don't look pristine new. All for $13.00.

Getting this stuff together has just been too much fun. Still have a lot to go, but...fun, fun, fun.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Thankee kindly Ransom...

Heh, Firefly... aye, looks like I have a partial uniform from the Alliance on now that I look at it...

Sort of a Han Solo kinda thing... was part of the dominating side, and 'saw the light', changed sides...

Cargo pants, that's what I'm wearing there... Old Navy... great stuff...

Now all I need to do is dig up some other stuff that's buried....

Edited by Dorian Lasseter

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

I was looking at Captain Synn’s “Over th’ Top Hollywood Pyrate Garb” (inna good way… Not getting into a discussion on Hollywood vs. Authentics…) posted in

You in yar garb., Who ya wanna see.

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=5138&st=1640

Dang…. Look at alla the details and cool fun stuff……

With my 1720 Pyrate garb, I can’t add a buncha skulls and stuff….But with my Airship Pyrate I can….So now I gotta dig out alla the skulls and trinkets that people keep giving me…

Oh Boy….. “Over th’ Top Hollywood Airship Pyrate Garb” :blink:

And... though they may not be brass goggles...

You need these;

http://parts.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1...ggles-emgo.html

I have a pair from when I rode my motorcycle ('67 Bonnie)

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

That just reminded me.... I have a pair of goggles with a facemask (for Paintball) that I painted sharks teeth on.... add a sorta dust filter, and they might work as extra goggles for at Burning Man.... Now I have to remember to pick them up next time I go to storage....

• 3 weeks later...

Okaaay, Chain Shot and I hit the military surplus store over in the next town, and I found two really flashy gold (read brass) insignias for either a collar or top of sleeve. The guy at the store told me they were German border patrol insignias. Very flashy, and fairly large, with acorns and oak leaves, and something that looks vaguely masonic in the middle. Only $2 each. Chain Shot bought some big shell casing rounds to add to his safari gun jacket. I think he's going to paint them antique copper.

Oh, and we hit the Goodwill store, and I found a black, stretch-lace t-shirt to wear under me corset. I will probably add more lace to the sleeves, but for $3.99 you can't beat it! :lol:

BTW, we saw all kinds of neat stuff in the military surplus store, that with a bit of modification, could look very kewl. Some was pretty cheap, some not so, but just a lot of really interesting things. They had a sort of cotton, very loosely woven short jacket that was a "bug repellant" jacket. It was more like cotton netting. I couldn't buy it this payday, but maybe next? It just looked so different, and very punkish. But would snag on everything! LOL

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog