What brought you here?

Mission

What brought me here?

Why me automobile o'course....now I just hope it can get me back!!! :D

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 3 weeks later...

Going to PiP the first year, and meeting many of the regular posters here. I knew that there was something that I didn't know when they all knew each other. It was like going to yer first family gathering wit yer mate. Lots of stories etc. This has become a wonderful home base for us land locked sea lovers, although Syren's Tavern has a great feel to it too. Now we have 2 fantastic ports to call home! Huzzah!

Ran across the Wake of Pyrates Way Pyracy.com since I was..,

working on pirate Wench costumes items on ebay, Continue to search for a place to research pirate artwork Renaissance and pirate garb

This seemed the most friendly waters and port.

Edited by Crows Nest Vintage

"Your pieces of eight Ye Wager soon, I shall be sparkin' some Pirate art by the light of the Moon"

On a cruise stopping in Key West, Edward and I made a trip to the Pirate Soul Museum. We started chatting with a pirate named Captain Spike (from the Bone Island Buccaneers) that told us about this great pirate festival called Pirates in Paradise that we missed by 2 days. It sounded like something we would be interested in so he told us about this site. The rest is history.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

the gunner..... he left the site in my address bar. the rest is my fault

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

In 2003 the then-president of my local Star Wars club found this site and asked for a list of good pirate movies because the club was celebrating Talk Like A Pirate Day; I followed the link to the site and have been "hooked" ever since.

Actually, I should say "Hook'd" because when the live-action Peter Pan movie came out in December 2003 I fell completely for Captain Hook (played by the incredible Jason Isaacs). :(

I have to agree that this is the most intelligent, creative, educated, and conversational group I've ever found on the web. I thought it ironic that during the Presidential campaign of 2004 this board had one of the best political discussions I've ever been involved with. We had everyone from the far left to the far right but everyone made their points without arguments, flaming, name-calling - and we're supposed to be a bunch of pirates for cryin' out loud. :lol:

A toast t'the Pub and all within! drinking01.gif

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

'Tis a long tale, indeed...but for those who do not have the tyme to wittle away nor the time to listen to my extrodinary adventures...I shall be brief...

'Twas Captain Sterling. He did approach me one night and asked if I care to join him in his journey. I smiled coyly and whispered. "I've got monies in me skirts." But that is another story all together....

I've been on board these 51 months or so. Happy journey thus far. Need to get back to me coins....

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• 2 years later...

Wow, I just stumbled across this old post of mine. We have so many new people I thought I'd bump it.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

It was on a pyracy webring I had joined for advertising my Age of Sail RPG. And even if I didn;t find more members for my game, I found good friends from whom I have what to learn. And this definitely counts as much... if not more! :wub:

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-