For Duchess to Play With

Duchess

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 to 1?! Great Scott, man! Put all your money on Duchess. I sure am. (She's younger and meaner than me. Plus she can belly-dance.)

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

1 to 1?! Great Scott, man! Put all your money on Duchess. I sure am. (She's younger and meaner than me. Plus she can belly-dance.)

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain

Awww sweeter words were never typed. :lol:

Awww sweeter words were never typed. :lol:

Time to stir the pot...Mission, what did you just call Duchess? That wasn't very nice...(resumes seat in the bleachers to watch)

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I'm just a spectator here, but I couldn't help but take note that he used a Twain quote that referred to the object as being of the canine persuation...Did ye not notice the backhand coming at ye all hidden in the compliment?

He's a sneaky one, that Mission...

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

No, she's definitely a badass. (You are stirring the pot, aren't you? She's smarter than that. She explains the flaws in my understanding of quantum physics to me when no one's looking.) However, it reminds me of a quote...

"You know how a year to a person is like seven years to a dog?"

"Is one of us supposed to be a DOG in this scenario?"

However, Duchess has little of Sally's attitude from my experiences. Her attitude is more like Major Motoko Kusanagi.

And now, appropros of nothing in this situation, but more fodder for Jim, a Mad magazine panel.

Butch%20Cassidy.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I could be a dog, you never know! All scrappy with one black eye and little folded over ear. Probably a bit of mange as well.

Besides a circumspect band-handed insult is easily ignored, circumvented or reinterpreted. The perils of being clever and sneaky are mainly that no one will notice.

Frisky%20Puppy4.jpg

Frisky%20Puppy6.jpg

Frisky%20Puppy1.jpg

:D

Now where's the little tongue emoticon with his thumbs in his ears and his hands waving about?

Mission_banner5.JPG

What, by increasing the the server load by re-linking to all those pictures on my website? :D

I'm not sure I'm following this any more...is the problem that Frisky Puppy isn't black and white? (I was trying to capture the moment where Claude the Cat just leapt into the air after Frisky Puppy barked at him, but then I saw something yellow and lost interest.)

Ooh, a warning! Tricky.

"If there were a degree for trickery, I'd be a master trickster!"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I see your MS and raise you an MBA. (Raise. :D )

I dare you to come on one of my forums... :D

Mission_banner5.JPG

"I wanna sing. I wanna dance. I wanna ha-cha-ha."

"Oh, why can’t we break away from all this, just you and I, and lodge with my fleas in the hills? I mean flee to my lodge in the hills."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Eh"

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
So how many licks does it take?

. . . to get to the end of a technical service support phone tree and talk to a live person?

You have to sweet talk the automated voice message. Push the right buttons ever so gently. If she does not submit then pound on zero until someone gets hurt. :lol:

Edited by Thequartermaster

• 3 weeks later...
Say, your ID appears in italics when you're in your forum at the bottom. Interesting.

Oho! I have figured out what this means. If a name at the bottom of the post is in italics, it means that person is currently posting to the thread. (I don't know if only the mods can see this or everyone can see it, however.) This also means you will never see your own user ID in italics at the bottom of a post - unless perhaps you open two windows...let me check...nope...doesn't work.

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 months later...
So how many licks does it take?

. . . to get to the end of a technical service support phone tree and talk to a live person?

So...did the button pounding ever lead to satisfaction?