Pyrate Comix Comments

Patrick Hand

Not liking photos of ourselves has much to do with symmetry and the fact that we are all (some more than others) asymmetrical. I look in the mirror and the blemish appears on the right side of my forehead, I look at a photo it is on the left ...it is "uncomfortable" to me. You look at me and you look at a photo of me it is the same. Try it, take a digital photo of yourself, flip it, it will look like what you see in the mirror. Supposedly the less asymmetry the better looking the individual

Additionally most people are our their own worse critic. We know what we CAN look like. We see ourselves only a few times a day. Those we are with see us all day long, not just as we are looking in the mirror. As someone who is not just a few pounds over weight it is a reminder of what I perceive as my short comings or inadequacies.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang... I wish I had that picture when I was drawing up Chrispy..... The only one I had in my file was a kinda long shot, so I had to make-up a bunch of how I draw him( kinda thin mustache, and I never get his goatee quite right....) .... anyway... of course I saved that picture..... so I can draw him better next time..... (or something like that....)

Oh yeah.... I have the next page just penciled..... still gotta ink it..... but it's getting weirder an weirder.....

OH yeah.... Nell.... it will be awhile until I can work you into the story.... (well for longer than just one ore two pages....)

So ye gots ter be patient.....

The best photo of my mustache and beard as they are intended to look, http://www.callahandigitalart.com/photocar...viewImage=19491 thanks to the Callahans for the photo!

Edited by Cannibal Chrispy

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

Oh Patrick --I'm patient...thanks for even considering really putting me in there. I have ultimate patience where things like this are concerned.

Still we're talking way too much about Chrispy's facial hair ....LOL I mean... well let me illustrate!

Nell's --- "Cathy Comic"

Frame: Nell in a night cap pirate clothes in hand standing outside a closed door ---- a thought bubble appears above Nells head, she has a deep look of longing on her face...inside the bubble.... why ...its Missions mirror!!!!... she smiles and sighs .... picture of the closed bathroom door... the whirring sound of a blowdryer coming from the other side.

Interior of the bathroom Chrispy with a big smile on his face admiring his beauty as he lovingly and patiently works on his mustache an goatee!!

Nell leaving the house half dressed with her hair a rats nest!

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Say, how did my house get involved in your licit affair?

Speaking of my house, I am currently having a stained glass window that I designed (about 15 years ago) made for the dining room. The dining room has a Key West theme. Once the stained glass window is in, I will post pics of the completed dining room. Then you can post musings about having a romantic dinner in Patrick's comic before romping around in the bathroom...

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Dang... I wish I had that picture when I was drawing up Chrispy..... The only one I had in my file was a kinda long shot, so I had to make-up a bunch of how I draw him( kinda thin mustache, and I never get his goatee quite right....) .... anyway... of course I saved that picture..... so I can draw him better next time..... (or something like that....)

Oh yeah.... I have the next page just penciled..... still gotta ink it..... but it's getting weirder an weirder.....

Ahem....."Meanwhile, back at the cannibal island, three pyrate ladies are waiting to see where they will be sent next. Remember, we have a boat. We could go anywhere!" :rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

...We could open a bar.....a tiki bar.... :blink:

Yeah! A floating Tiki bar. "Have Tiki Will Travel. Coming to a port near you!" :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

a RUM bar... with gambling.... ummmm and girls.....then the pirates would only leave the island when they ran out of money..... they'd only need to go out raiding to get more to come back and spend it on girls, and booze and gambling..... oh no thats too close to real life LOL!!

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

Oh, no wories. We'd set the bar up on the beach. And of course we'd have rhum. Can't have a pyrate bar with no rhum. :blink:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Not liking photos of ourselves has much to do with symmetry and the fact that we are all (some more than others) asymmetrical. I look in the mirror and the blemish appears on the right side of my forehead, I look at a photo it is on the left ...it is "uncomfortable" to me. You look at me and you look at a photo of me it is the same. Try it, take a digital photo of yourself, flip it, it will look like what you see in the mirror. Supposedly the less asymmetry the better looking the individual

Additionally most people are our their own worse critic. We know what we CAN look like. We see ourselves only a few times a day. Those we are with see us all day long, not just as we are looking in the mirror. As someone who is not just a few pounds over weight it is a reminder of what I perceive as my short comings or inadequacies.

And some people just photograph better than others. I'm incredibly non-photogenic and apparently seldom look like I do in photos. Years ago a friend of mine went through two or three rolls of film taking pics of me and everyone who saw them could only find one that actually looked like me. And a woman I know is very plain, mousy and awkward-looking at best; but she looks marvelous in photos - doesn't even look like the same woman. So ya just never know...

RHJMap.jpg

So the thee of you are planning on working for the Cannibals once they make their resort? :rolleyes:

At least they're hiring :(

"In this economy" one must take work where they can find it. I bet the benifits are questionable though.

If you get sick they eat you, if you need an eye doctor they eat you, if you need a dentist they eat you......

Edited by Rogue Mermaid

Have Tiki, Will TRAVEL......(remember, we have a boat.)

Don't need to stay on the cannibal island....unless we want to gain 100 lbs eating Chrispy Bars. :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

we dont eat the sick.

oops, chrispy posing under the missus' name

Edited by RustyNell

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno how I missed that, but i really needed that laugh, and am glad I just found it! Thanks Patrick!

(lets do the time warp agaaaaaain)

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

It's just a jump to the left......

Usually I post here and let everyone know that there is a new comix page up, but I figured that anyone that has been reading it would notice that there was a new post.....

Hey.... and it's up to page 30 now.....

Now do draw something about eyeshadow and send them off to Disneyland......

my niece loved her Uncle Chrispy candy bar - she screamed her little head off....and she's a sophistacted 14 year old now LOL!!

Thanks Patrick! --- YOU ROCK!

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

Woh.... that's so cool..... thank ye fer posting and sharin' that....

An' alla this tyme I thought it was only Chrispy wot would have fun wit it... (well yeah... an' a few others...)

Yeah... I still have me "Cannibal Chrispy ...The Chocolaty Crunchy Caribbean Treat" bar sitting kinda next ter me Pewter.....

Almost ate it a few tymes... but it's just to funny to really eat.....

But nough bout th' sentamentality... I'm goinna get 'nother rum........

OK... just went an got th' next rum (hadda dilute it wit some coke (an' wit a straw...)... so sue me...)

Anyway.... I was kinda hoping that people would post pictures with their "Cannibal Chrispy ...The Chocolaty Crunchy Caribbean Treat Candie Bars."... inna kinda fun Pyratical environments.... such as bars or wot not.....

I just thot that would make it funnier than Snot... an' be kinda well... sorta Pyratical..... inna kinda fun twisted way.....

Make the weird not-Pyrates kinda wonder wot th' heck we was doin' ......(then ye could show them the wrapper, an' they would KNOW ye be weird.....)

SO Chrispy an' Ransom...post yer pictures wit yer "Cannibal Chrispy ...The Chocolaty Crunchy Caribbean Treat Candie Bar" :D

I double dog dare ye......