Pyrate Comix Comments

Patrick Hand

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BREAKING NEWS…

I’ve decided that I’m going to start posting a new page of the Pyrate Comic Once every Week… I will post the new page sometime each Friday, so alla you Pyrates and Pyrettes have something new to read each weekend.

(Excluding when I’m at Burning Man, and barring any Natural Disasters, including, but not limited to.. The End of the World, The Zombie Apocalypse, or the Y2K Virus finally doing it’s thing on the Internet. )

OTHER NEWS OF INTEREST

I just got a Digital Pen Tablet for my computer, so starting with tomorrows post, NO TREES WILL BE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THE PYRATE COMIX. (How Green is that?)

Page 52 is the first page that I’ve done on the Tablet (other than a quick sketch of Bloody Bill, that was the first drawing I did, to get the feel of it.)

The Tablet is kinda cool, but it will take some getting use to, after drawing the commix the traditional way in pen and ink on paper for so long.

I still want to experiment with sketching the page in pencil, then scanning it, and inking it on the tablet, but I can do the digital “pencil sketching” on the tablet and save time. I also want to check out a different program so I can fully utilize different pen pressure to change the line width when digitally inking.

Fun, Fun, Fun…

I’m getting better with the stylus and the tablet, and I downloaded a trial version of Manga Studio…played with it and immediately ordered a copy of their full-power version (EX)….

Even with the trial version, I’m almost done with the next page. There are a few things that I’ll have to touch-up in Photoshop, but with the EX version, I wont even have to use Photoshop…

I use-to have to draw everything in pencil, then ink the page, then scan it, and then color it in Photoshop… Now I can do everything in one program that is designed for cartooning…

And the EX version has a cool “Import 3D “ function so I can quickly add background details to the comic that would have taken too long to draw traditionally…

I’ve also been reading Scot McClouds books on cartooning, so there will be some improvements to the comic as well…

Dang… I’m really excited about the upcoming improvements….. Aargh!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Mr. Wake is going to like his hair being quite that grey...close, but there's still a little red in there somewhere...(In truth it's a very good likeness.)

Nice, Patrick. Very nice. Huzzah to you.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

It might be because the picture that I was working from... Anyway...The drawing is so small, that when I tried adding some red in his beard ... it came out pink....

I figured that grey would be preferable to pink....

• 3 weeks later...

Dang.... I can't wait untill Friday....

I've got two (count 'em.) TWO new color pages ready to post....

And I have about th' next 10 pages figgured out...

Awaitin wit Baited Breath ~

Sure Hope they find the other -X- for candies sake !

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Ya might have ter get out yer magnifyin' glasses for tomarrows page.....

Th' text came out kinda small....(I'll try to fix it for the next pages....)

Maybe I tried to fit too much talkin' on a single page...... Oh well........

• 3 weeks later...

Totally saw the pyrate comics thread before finding this one. Oops. I'll see if I can delete my other post.

Any ways very great comic! I look forward to more. Absolutely hilarious!

It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... is freedom. - Captain Jack Sparrow

www.siemensbottlingco.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's Photobuckets or the settings in the pub....

I just ran a test to see how tomarrows post would look, because some of the last post are coming out too small...so I tried to fix that, but whatever I do, they all come out the same size. I did it through Photobuckets, and as Attach Files in the pup...

I'm posting them as .gif 72 dpi dimentions 612 x 832 498K

but even as .jpg 100 dpi dimentions 850 x 1156 2.82M

They come out the same size.... (I'm guessing it's the Pub's setting for thumbnails....)

So I guess if you have bad eyes, you'll have to click on the image to see it full sized when I post tomarrow.....

Hehe..that was funny Patrick... As always ..you brought it !

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

• 1 month later...

I still haven’t figured out which way I want the story with the Plunder Bunnies to go yet…

I can make them horny little buggers or I can have them totally incompetent.. Either way would be funny.

So what does anyone think ?

• 4 weeks later...

Plunder bunnies maybe too incompetent to slake their lust.. ?

Noquarter2copy.jpg