Greatest Pyracy movie of all time.

Hawk the QM

;) Muppet Treasure Island.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Yaaaaaar! It's because of Tim Curry isn't it.

Ye muppet lovers will rue this day! ;);)

See. They have a treasure map, booty and booze. Most even have beards. Time is their ocean and everyone their victims! Yaaaaaaar!

"How long have you been a robber?"

"Four foot one."

"Good lord! Jolly good. Four foot one? Well that-that-that is-is- a long time, isn't it?"

TimeBandits_468x275.jpg

You can have ur muppets. I'll take these guys =)

Edited by Thequartermaster

I agree that it has yet to be made...

But for a pocorn Pirate flick I really enjoy *The Crimson Pirate* with Burt Lancaster. What fun!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 1 month later...

No one has said Pirates of the Caribbean 1 yet? I thought it was pretty good. POTC 2 was pretty bad, and POTC 3 killed it. But POTC 1 was awesome. Regarding Time Bandits, I wasn't impressed...maybe just because I don;t understand British movies. That movie couldn't have had a worse ending...

"But why is the rum gone!?"--Captain Jack Sparrow

(Global Madness Coordinator's note - I suspect a similar thread probably exists, but hey... whatever...)

Treasure Island, Charlton Heston & Christian Bale version, no doubt about it.

:o

Aye, I'm in agreement with ye !! 'Treasure Island' with Heston is without equal. I think Polanski's 'Pirates' runs a close second, especially concerning characters and costuming....

>>>> Cascabel

"Captains Courageous" always makes me cry with actor Spencer Tracy

it was one of his best roles

"The Black Swan" with Actor Laird Cregar who played Henry Morgan, some of the romantic stuff with actress Maureen O'sullivan is great she is a saucy woman, but I like Laird Cregar

I really love Errol FLynn

some info from a web site..

"Sea Hawk"

Captain Blood, a novel about piracy by Rafael Sabatini, features a character, Peter Blood, whose adventures are reportedly based on the piratical exploits of Henry Morgan. In 1935, the novel was made into a movie starring Errol Flynn -- and features several Captain Blood movie sequels.

swashbuckle.gif

Edited by Crows Nest Vintage

"Your pieces of eight Ye Wager soon, I shall be sparkin' some Pirate art by the light of the Moon"

(Global Madness Coordinator's note - I suspect a similar thread probably exists, but hey... whatever...)

:unsure:

Aye, I'm in agreement with ye !! 'Treasure Island' with Heston is without equal. I think Polanski's 'Pirates' runs a close second, especially concerning characters and costuming....

>>>> Cascabel

Walter Matthau is brilliant as a pirate, that's for sure!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

:D

>>>> Cascabel

I agree with you about 'Pirates', Cascabel. I've been looking for a copy on DVD but am told that it doesn't exist. Walter Matthow was great and the costuming was excellent.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

:D

>>>> Cascabel

I agree with you about 'Pirates', Cascabel. I've been looking for a copy on DVD but am told that it doesn't exist. Walter Matthow was great and the costuming was excellent.

Animal

I found it on DVD on ebay a couple of years back. It came out of Brazil. The primary language was Portugese, but you can go to the menu and select the original English dialog with no subtitles. The good part is that it is in "Region 1" format, which means it plays normally on US players. You might check Amazon also. The label on the case says 'Piratas'.

>>>> Cascabel