Autumn 08 Pyrates Way magazine

TheBlackFox

We're in the editing stages of the magazine and the last bit of advertising is coming in. . . of course we can always fit more if need be. This will be our THIRD Autumn issue, huzzzahh to all of ye for helping keep this rag afloat!

What's in the Autumn issue?

5 hot PYRATES (not wenches) of the quarter (as promised, lovely ladies)

The Curse of Yellowbeard

Long Island Pirate Festival

Pirates & Wenches Fantasy Weekend @ Rock Hall, MD

Maureen O'Hara - Pyrate Queen of the Screen

Northern California Pyrate Festival

Sir Francis Drake - Privateer to the Queen

And MUCH more . . . including the inside speculation on POTC:4

subscribe or advertise, mates: www.pyratesway.com

I got MINE, as they say! It looks fantastic! And I am not just saying that because an article of mine is on the front cover!! The information is timely, the articles are interesting and informative, the color is bright and vibrant, the cards are cool, the girls are gorgeous . . . I could go on but I have a real job that is supposed to be taking this time slot.

Anyway, it's worth the wait, I promise! And other people must like it, too. I sold several copies at Middlefaire and one of the folks that bought one said that this was a mag that they were definitely going to subscribe to!

Dang, gotta run! Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

• 4 weeks later...

If you've not gotten your summer issue. . .please give me your name and address (email it to: steve@pyratesway.com) and I'll check into it. With the new software, we pay the extra .18 for delivery confirmation, so I can check your account. There've been about 50 folks who didn't get theirs so far and we're updating records and getting them out ASAP.

Hopefully all the bugs are worked out now. . . eeeesh.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get an issue of the magazine. ;)

Yaar mate, I'm getting the same feeling. At this point it's better to forget all about it and if I get an issue.... it will be kind of like a Christmas Miracle. ;)

Then again I'm still waiting on a Pirates Magazine as well. No idea when they send theirs out though. Not to make fun or call anyone incompetent, but I got a buddy that runs 1000, 10+ page zines every quarter for free subscription and never misses a beat. I'm a little bummed out that nothing has come to me yet from either side.

Can anyone tell me when both magazines release their zines?

We'd love to be a stickler for the idea of quarterly (i.e. every 3 months) but it never seems to work. . .thus you'll notice the mark of a "season" on the cover. . . gives us a lot of space on either side of the release date. I don't speak for Pirates Magazine. . . just The Pyrates Way, but there are a lot of things that prevent a magazine from availability.

One of the biggest problems with our subscriptions is the post office. Media Mail can take anywhere from two days to SIX MONTHS to arrive. I had to put my foot down on subscriber re-issues because they'd get the re-issue then a few months later their original subscription issue came in the mail. . .and as I pointed out. . .up to SIX MONTH later.

I don't send out replacement issues until after that six month mark because we just can't afford to cover the lateness of the post office of which I have no control of.

All I can suggest is to be patient. . . . it's out of our hands.

Have you ever considered offering "premium" subscriptions for those that don't want to wait for their six month media mail? NQG does something like this - helps keep the cost low for the masses, but allows the impatient the opportunity to fork out a little extra coin for more punctual delivery.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

We are having no issues at this point that I know of. What issue are you waiting for mate? The current fall issue is in some subscribers hands and def should reach thier ways to everyone I would think no later then next week. If you are waiting on an older issue drop me an email with your info and I will get one out to you ASAP. I will get it fixed.

The winter issue is all done except for my aritcle...go figure. It should be on the way just before Christmas.

As for how we ship our magazines out, we pay a ton more to have them priority shiped to subscribers and should be there 10 days from print. Sometimes things do go wrong durring shipping. Not often.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop