"Raising Black Flags"

Blackbead

Ahoy, mates!

Two weeks ago, a hardy group of pirate poets and artists set sail on a voyage of hope. In search of gold and glory, they published a book of poetry and artwork by and about pirates. This book, entitled Raising Black Flags, is currently on the market in a "Special Edition" format which will be replaced in about a week with a published format complete with International Standard Book Number, ready to be marketed at fine retailers around the world! If you want to take a gander at the book, go to Blackbead Books for a preview.

The reason I'm posting this here is that we are already planning our next trip! We plan on putting out another book by Christmas of 2009 (we're also planning a "sword and sorcery" fantasy book, as well.) This book will include poetry, short stories, and artwork. If you're interested in becoming part of the next anthology, drop me a line and let's parley!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

• 2 weeks later...

Had to let one and all know that we have an ISBN number now. Final copy is going to the editor within the next few days to be proofed then it should be ready for distrubution. That means the 1st edition will cease to exist and become a collector's edition. Get ready to tell your favorite book barn "I want Raising Black Flags and here is it's ISBN!"

Fair Winds,

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

• 3 weeks later...

Raising Black Flags, ISBN 978-0-615-25535-4, Blackbead Books, 2008, is now available through Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, and Blackbead Books. This anthology of forty poems all about the legends, lore, and everyday life of the pirate, privateer, buccaneer, and seadog makes an excellent and affordable ($11.95 plus shipping) gift for the pirate on your gift list! Stop in at one of the websites and order a copy for yourself, too!

I got my copy today. I am excited. I only have read a couple poems so far, but I will be reading it cover to cover this weekend. If all goes well, look for a review of this book in the winter issue of Pirates Magazine.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Excellent! Sorry it took so long but we sold OUT of the first printing and I had to order another batch. I also sent one to Jamaica Rose over at NQG. I hope you enjoy the read, mate, and I'm sure the poets and artists are all looking forward to your review!

Blackbead

• 2 weeks later...
Aye, I will be sure to pilf- er buy that book as soon as there are more!

Ahoy, Hana! Raising Black Flags is now available from www.Blackbead-jewelry.com, Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble.com, Books-A-Million.com, or ye can stop by me next market set-up and purchase one direct! I'll be at The Embarqadero in Dallas this Saturday! See ye there??

Blackbead

Aye, I will be sure to pilf- er buy that book as soon as there are more!

Ahoy, Hana! Raising Black Flags is now available from www.Blackbead-jewelry.com, Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble.com, Books-A-Million.com, or ye can stop by me next market set-up and purchase one direct! I'll be at The Embarqadero in Dallas this Saturday! See ye there??

Blackbead

If I lived there I would. What a pity! I will pick up that book ASAP though! <_<

annebonny2tz2.jpg

"Life's pretty good. And why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all."

Thank ye both, very kindly, me hearties!

I'm glad that ye plan on getting one, Hana, and I am exceedingly glad that ye've already bought one, Reverend Sam! The many thanks of the authors and artists involved go out to ye both! There been a lot of hard pullin' and no small bit of sweatin' that ha' gone into these here bundles of leaves and when someone lays out their own true capital to acquire one it be the highest reward for our work!

In a mercenary vein, I'd ask that if ye like the book and the writin' that be in it, then let your friends, relations and shipmates know and, if ye be so kind, consider logging onto Lulu.com, Amazon. com, Barnes&Noble.com, Books-A-Million.com or any of the BookFinder4U sites and leaving a review/comment. The crew of the Adventure is doing all they can to spread the word but any help we can get from satisfied customers would mean the world to us! None of us expect to ever get rich with these books but these days every little bit helps!

God's blessings be on both ye heads!

And a fair wind and a slow galleon to ye!

Blackbead

• 2 months later...

Check out Bilgemunky's review of Raising Black Flags by logging onto his website at www.Bilgemunky.com!

Remember, if ye stop by, leave us a comment!

Edited by Blackbead

• 3 weeks later...

Ahoy, mates!

Please navigate over to - http://www.cindyvallar.com/raising.html!

Cindy Vallar, AKA "The Pirate Lady," has been reviewing books for two decades for such publications as Appraisal: Science Books for Young People, The Book Report, Library Media Connection, and School Library Journal, and online for Ivy Quill Reviews and Simply E-Books. Today, and for the past decade, she reviews historical novels and history books for Historical Novels Review and piratical and maritime books for Pirates and Privateers. She also has her own website and has become internationally known as "The Pirate Lady" as a result of her lectures, articles, and publications. I met this amazing lady at Pirate Days in The Colony and she was kind enough to take a copy of Raising Black Flags: Original Poetry By and About Piratesin order to write a review. Well, the review is completed and ready! She said something very nice things and I am proud to invite you to go by and read what she had to say. If ye stop by, tell them that Blackbead sent ye!

Thank you, Pirate Lady! And thank you to all of our readers!