'Bloody 'eck!..Sailin' South!

the Royaliste

I just contacted the sponsors again..With a year and a half lead time, something may develop!..And, we've got bigger guns than the last time!!...(Checks list of eastern gunpowder suppliers)... :ph34r:

:ph34r:

If it ends up workable, that'd be a perfect homecomin'...I'd love to see that. 'Course, I'd hafta buy meself tickets!

Hmm, 'ere's more from the Frontier....Bougainville Voyage 2005

I feel very optimistic that we could secure a major grant in support of you through the

Lake Champlain Basin Program or other funding agency. If you were in the Caribbean the

ship might survive (physically and financially) a voyage north along the US Eastern

seaboard, to voyage up the Hudson and enter Lake Champlain via the Whitehall Canal

(clearance 15 feet: clearly you'd have to re-rig at the southern end of Lake Champlain

before voyaging north). After the Bougainville Voyage you could possibly charter on the

lake during the summer (presuming you've laid Jones Act problems to rest. The Lake

Chaplain Maritime Museum could be convinced to provide you a free berth), and I would

then be prepared to seek Canadian funding for an historic voyage (ROYALISTE with

accompanying Canadian ships) down the Richelieu and Saint Lawrence to Atlantic Canada,

Louisbourg and Halifax before returning to US waters. Then you could winter in the

eastern US or Caribbean, or trailer her back to glory in California.

All this may be pipe dreams, but let's keep discussing Bougainville. And I'll check on

your site to see how you're doing!

Cheers for the New Year.

Yours aye

Vic Suthren

"Now 'tis gettin' interestin'!!....RRR!!! :lol:

"Whoops!!"" ..forgot this one!

Great to hear from you. It would dramatically increase the impact of the Bougainville Voyage if ROYALISTE could somehow be part of our 10-day historic tour of Lake Champlain, ending at the the huge Grand Encampment of the French and Indian War at Fort Ticonderoga. With ROYALISTE anchored off the fort as the key vessel of the flotilla, and likely the centerpiece for media attention, I think we all would gain.

The headquarters for the voyage will be located on Isle la Motte in Vermont, on Lake Champlain, and we are looking at applying for state and federal grants to help us pull the thing off, Gary. The Canadians will have to look after themselves, but the majority of the boats interested in taking part are American, and hopefully will qualify for those grants. I would hope this might include ROYALISTE!

I'll certainly keep you posted, and if in the meantime you can suggest your likely costs, that would help in deciding whether we could chase those funds, or whether it's just too impractical.

Good luck for the New Year. By the way, they are making a sequel to Pirates of the Caribbean, which I am sure you know. Can you get involved?

Yours aye

Vic Suthren

Event Organizer

The Bougainville Voyage

June 2005

Anyone gotta spare pike??? :lol:

By the way, they are making a sequel to Pirates of the Caribbean, which I am sure you know. Can you get involved?

It's ALL cool! Very interested in seeing how this develops. If there's anything I can do to help, well...it's offered. :lol:

I just had to quote the POTC 2 bit, to say...that would be a pretty amazing gig as well, eh? <--- working on my Canadian accent, just in case. :lol:

..."Hmmm, the former Captain 'o the ROYALISTE just got wind 'o this an' is volunteerin' services.....Gotta luv the Colonial Wars, eh?..(More Naval history on Lake Champlain than anywhere in the western hemisphere)

*Goes back to checkin'charts an' chrunchin' numbers*........

Well, Wolfy..We'll possibly be south by the time of Ojai next fall....Will hafta be headed south early if'n the decision is to sail for Lake Champlain,for the Bougainville Voyage and the Richileu to Halifax Adventure 2005.

:P

Captain G

Doesn't mean you can pull into port down here and say hello! :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Last year Gold Coast Productions almost held it at a harbor, but the location was changed back to the old one at almost the last minute. If they end up doing it at the harbor this coming year, that would be ideal.

The Pirate Faire is in late September- Would you be heading south that early or more likely November after the prime sailing in October is over?

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com