Well then, show yer weapons...

Iron Bess

Not the best picture of the hilt but if'n you look close you can see this be a sea dragon hilt with the cross guard being the beasts out streached neck. The pommel is it's claw that holds a lovely sea-blue Labrodorite spear.

It was made org as a Schlager-style but can be rapier or smaller cutlass as well. The grip is custom fit to my grip.

FAST and nasty! B)

SeaDragonHilt.jpg

And here also be too old ones of mine...

Mortuary1.jpg

and...

BarbossaSword1.jpg

I'll get some pictures taken of my custom work from Lunndgaard Armoury and pist those as well.

Reallly beautiful, Bess! Except that the damn sword gets in the way on the first pic! B)

I must admit that I looked at it for while before realizing that the sword's what I supposed to be looking at! B)

Jim

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the best picture of the hilt but if'n you look close you can see this be a sea dragon hilt with the cross guard being the beasts out streached neck. The pommel is it's claw that holds a lovely sea-blue Labrodorite spear.

It was made org as a Schlager-style but can be rapier or smaller cutlass as well. The grip is custom fit to my grip.

FAST and nasty! B)

SeaDragonHilt.jpg

Mortuary1.jpg

and...

BarbossaSword1.jpg

I'll get some pictures taken of my custom work from Lunndgaard Armoury and pist those as well.

The swods are beautiful, too! B)

Jim

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

FAST and nasty! :D

SeaDragonHilt.jpg

Mortuary1.jpg

and...

BarbossaSword1.jpg

As luck would have it, I ran into Lars this weekend at Faerie Con in Philly. We talked for quite some time about your swords. Seems you are one of his favorite customers.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

If you have a brace or two of period-correct fighting cats, by all means post us a picture. Also, a short video clip of them in action might be usefull.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

As luck would have it, I ran into Lars this weekend at Faerie Con in Philly. We talked for quite some time about your swords. Seems you are one of his favorite customers.

Well I do adore the boy and his amazing work! I've asked him about another custom hilt but I know he's not about the sword work at the moment.... He's just so darn GOOD at what he does! :blink:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

"Well I do adore the boy and his amazing work! I've asked him about another custom hilt but I know he's not about the sword work at the moment.... He's just so darn GOOD at what he does! :D "

I agree. We were talking about getting him back into swords. Seems he has a lot of intrest in doing some sort hilt work agian but only rapiers. I told him that is fine becuase I love making rapier blades...HEHE.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

• 1 month later...
Ooooo.... very nice, Bess. Very nice. :) Well decorated and unique.

Welp, mates, here be my small armoury:

weapons.jpg

~Lady B

You have what you need to get the job done, Lady B! :lol:

Jim

Aye, thank ye, capnwilliam. Indeed they intimidate more than they are properly used with a bang an' clang. That Potters Dragoon saber is a heavy SoB.

Alas, I didn't put in there m' other knife and th' two tomahawks (one that functions and I've used a few times the other is purely a wall mount decoration). Oh, and there is a cheap wall mount highly decorated sword that I don't use any more.

Some of Matt's creations are rather wicked and have been catching my eyes.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ah! I know Lars verry well. He is one of the best guys in the biz. Shame he doesn't do to much sword work these days. My brother guessed it was his at first glance. Hold on to that one Love.

Oh, I treasure everything he's made me. AND I treasure Lars and his Wench as well.

I need to find someone to leave my pretty's too though.... my kith and kin wuold just toss them when the time comes.

I have a few Soul's in mind.... :lol:

<have you ever considered adoption? wink wink, I do have papers....... yes they are forged.

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

I suppose I should post some of my hardware here sometime. Only question is, should it be the incredibly destructive weapons, or the weapons that are *not* cats?

snow_sniper_catTR.jpg

Let's go with the incredibly destructive type.

That's just...wrong.

I'll see your sniper kitty and raise you one evil kitty/

EvilKitty.jpg

RHJMap.jpg

• 1 month later...

In my experience more re-enactors DON'T ever use their swords for stage combat than do... And hip hangers are a heck of a lot cheaper than decent stage steel...

But if you do intend to eventually get into stage or re-encatment combat, save you pennies and get a good stage steel weapon.

Yar, but where can ye find a good stage use blade, so if you do re-eact with it, y' don't have to worry for breakage or worse?
Michael_banner.jpg

In my experience more re-enactors DON'T ever use their swords for stage combat than do... And hip hangers are a heck of a lot cheaper than decent stage steel...

But if you do intend to eventually get into stage or re-encatment combat, save you pennies and get a good stage steel weapon.

Yar, but where can ye find a good stage use blade, so if you do re-eact with it, y' don't have to worry for breakage or worse?

See that is what I thought, I've been curious though, as I know some do, do sword fights here and there.

Damn me own stage combat history for being intrigued