Well then, show yer weapons...

Iron Bess

Not the best picture of the hilt but if'n you look close you can see this be a sea dragon hilt with the cross guard being the beasts out streached neck. The pommel is it's claw that holds a lovely sea-blue Labrodorite spear.

It was made org as a Schlager-style but can be rapier or smaller cutlass as well. The grip is custom fit to my grip.

FAST and nasty! <_<

SeaDragonHilt.jpg

And here also be too old ones of mine...

Mortuary1.jpg

and...

BarbossaSword1.jpg

I'll get some pictures taken of my custom work from Lunndgaard Armoury and pist those as well.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooo.... very nice, Bess. Very nice. :) Well decorated and unique.

Welp, mates, here be my small armoury:

weapons.jpg

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Hey Jill,

The second sword from the top... It looks as if the tip is rounded or dulled for stage fighting. Is that the case? Or is that just a quirk in the photograph? If it is a well blunted and round tipped stage steel weapon, you have to tell me where you got it!!! :lol:

The third one is a Paul Chen mortuary sword, is it not? Did you get the stage version with the rounded tip? Or the sharp version?

Weapons.jpg
Michael_banner.jpg

Hey Jill,

The second sword from the top... It looks as if the tip is rounded or dulled for stage fighting. Is that the case? Or is that just a quirk in the photograph? If it is a well blunted and round tipped stage steel weapon, you have to tell me where you got it!!! :blink:

The third one is a Paul Chen mortuary sword, is it not? Did you get the stage version with the rounded tip? Or the sharp version?

Got 'em sharp and had Jack grind the points off (I bought him a grinder for our anniversary a few years back and he puts it to good use dressing swords and sharpening axes.)

RHJMap.jpg

Be carefull with that. Not all sharp swords are made to hold up to steel on steel. Higher carbon blades that are made for cutting tend to snap after long periods of stage use. I would always ask the hardness of a blade before I assumed it is ok for stage use. Anything over 50 rockwell is fishy.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

I love the dragon. Who made it?

Lars Lundegaard custom made my weaponry when I was a VERY busy fighter. (Sigh) Not so much now... but be that as it may...

I'll try and get a few better shots of it this weekend along with more of my arsonal and more of his stunning work.

He made a Rapier for me designed as a thorny rose vine with a hidden *S* in the hilt work.

He was of the opinion that just because I was killing people I could STILL do it and look like a true Lady! :blink:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

be-utiful... ;) ....fabulous indeed... :D .....truly dangerous an a thing of envy...... :P

wait.... :D ...what were we lookin at again???..... :lol:

oh..... :P ....the swords nice too!!!

Well.....

They are both dangerous. :blink:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Be carefull with that. Not all sharp swords are made to hold up to steel on steel. Higher carbon blades that are made for cutting tend to snap after long periods of stage use. I would always ask the hardness of a blade before I assumed it is ok for stage use. Anything over 50 rockwell is fishy.

These were made to hold up.

RHJMap.jpg

Hey Jill,

The second sword from the top... It looks as if the tip is rounded or dulled for stage fighting. Is that the case? Or is that just a quirk in the photograph? If it is a well blunted and round tipped stage steel weapon, you have to tell me where you got it!!! :blink:

Got 'em sharp and had Jack grind the points off (I bought him a grinder for our anniversary a few years back and he puts it to good use dressing swords and sharpening axes.)

Cool stuff.... What did it start out as? One of those 1740s style British hangers that are pretty easy to find and generally around $125 give or take? Or did it start as something else? I am very interested because I am in the final stages of putting together a Queen Anne War era Red Coat outfit, and I think that style of sword would be a great touch, and much cheaper than most of the alternatives I have been looking at.

Michael_banner.jpg

be-utiful... ;) ....fabulous indeed... :D .....truly dangerous an a thing of envy...... :P

wait.... :D ...what were we lookin at again???..... :lol:

oh..... :P ....the swords nice too!!!

Well.....

They are both dangerous. :blink:

Hmmm I would think all three...ahem... if used correctly could slay any man... ;)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Hmmm I would think all three...ahem... if used correctly could slay any man... :lol:

(Chuckle) Most of the time I've only needed the two.

I prefer a bloodless kill if I can at all help it. :blink:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Ah! I know Lars verry well. He is one of the best guys in the biz. Shame he doesn't do to much sword work these days. My brother guessed it was his at first glance. Hold on to that one Love.

Oh, I treasure everything he's made me. AND I treasure Lars and his Wench as well.

I need to find someone to leave my pretty's too though.... my kith and kin wuold just toss them when the time comes.

I have a few Soul's in mind.... :rolleyes:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Cool stuff.... What did it start out as? One of those 1740s style British hangers that are pretty easy to find and generally around $125 give or take? Or did it start as something else? I am very interested because I am in the final stages of putting together a Queen Anne War era Red Coat outfit, and I think that style of sword would be a great touch, and much cheaper than most of the alternatives I have been looking at.

I'll check with Jack - he purchased these a couple of Christmases ago.

RHJMap.jpg

• 2 weeks later...