Re make of Captain Blood....

Iron Bess

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am finally catching up on threads (change of email and nasty computer virus). I think that John Barrowman (Capt. Jack Harkness from Torchwood and Dr. Who) would make a great Peter Blood. Not many know of him unless you watch Dr. Who or Torchwood.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

• 2 weeks later...
Here we go...PERFECT cast...you ready??? :blink:

Peter Blood - Guy Pearce OR Christian Bale

Arabella (Governor's Daughter/Niece/whatev) - Scarlett Johannsen

Col. Bishop (the villian) - Tim Roth Or Russell Crowe

Good choices!

Ha... and I like the idea of Downey as a snarky Capt Blood...

I'd also think "dude who plays Bond right now" would do a good job. First thing I ever saw him in was the really cool version of Moll Flanders with Alex Kingston, where he did a great job at playing a highwayman.

Perfect!! I remember that!! Daniel Craig as Jamey the highwayman!! AN I always LOVED.. did I mention LOVED Alex Kingston!!

I also think Bale would be a good pick!! He's more gritty than Craig. But maybe put them on opposing sides and you would have something!!

I would also bring in a no-name, up and comer for Arabella!! This way we can have a new "it" girl!!

I'm thinking dark hair and kinda sassy!!

Waaaay way waay a minute... Who's this girl from transformers, everyone is talking about??

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Count me in for the Downy Jr. supporters on this one - I think his role in Iron Man showed that he has what it takes to do the "unheroic hero" thing, which is exactly what this role calls for. Could the fates (and Hollywood) be so kind?

I AM BILGEMUNKY

• 7 months later...

Brace yer selves.... and I am ONLY THE MESSENGER!! :D

Yes indeedy they are going to remake Captain Blood.

Can the equal the original?? They decided they could not. :D

So.... (Iron Bess takes a few steps towards the gang plank...) They will make it as a Captain

Blood... in Outter Space. :D (Remember Ice Pirates?)

(Canna see Bess fer the dust as she heads towards the dock)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Yeah, they were talking about that two weekends ago at Paynestown. It's still a period piece, it's just that the period is no longer in the past. I'll bet they throw a lot of the altruism out as well.

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Brace yer selves.... and I am ONLY THE MESSENGER!! :D

Yes indeedy they are going to remake Captain Blood.

Can the equal the original?? They decided they could not. :D

So.... (Iron Bess takes a few steps towards the gang plank...) They will make it as a Captain

Blood... in Outter Space. :D (Remember Ice Pirates?)

(Canna see Bess fer the dust as she heads towards the dock)

Please say that was JUST a stupid rumor . . . PLEASE!

That sounds like an awful idea and I'm sure Hollywood will find a way to make it bad.

That said, I can almost hear the meeting . . .

"Pirates of the Caribbean was a hit and they/we are making a fourth. We need to get the Captain Blood project going, ASAP."

"But, can we compete with PotC head to head?"

"I doubt it. Plus, we will be compared to the one that Errol Flynn made a few years ago."

"Wasn't the last Star Trek a big hit? What about the one with alien robots? Pixar did well with Wall-E too."

"I have an idea, let's make Captain Blood, but set it in space! No one has made a SPACE pirate movie before!"

----- (Just forget Treasure Panet, plus loads of flops and b-movies.)

"Now, THAT sounds like a great idea. Take the best from pirate movies and space movies and combine them!"

"So, it is decided. Let's get Captain Blood rolling, but we will set it in space. Let's have people talk."

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

(Iron Bess' voice drifts back towards the dock form the coud of dust in the distance way down the dirt road...)

"I am JUST the messenger!" :D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Hummmm, Captain Blood in space? Hmmmm, hummmm, Captain Blood in...Space........?

Nope, just can't picture it. (Thinks of Ice Pirates and shudders)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Make it a Star Wars tie in . . .

(See http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pirate for the relevant take on space pirates)

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN CAPTAIN BLOOD, THE BELOW IS PACKED WITH SPOILERS!!!!!

A group of Rebels get captured and Peter Blood (or Petre Blud) gets arrested by Stormtroopers, convicted, then taken away to a slave colony on some far away planet named Jamaiicae or Barrbaydas.

There, they rebel and escape to become space pirates, flying the Blazing Claw of many holopix classics.

After the death of Palpatine over Endor, a group from the Rebel Alliance/New Republic some track down Blood and his gang, with the relevant ending.

Of course, more can be written in parallel, but that would just give too much of the classic film's plot to anyone who hasn't seen it!

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Maybe.... they could just cast it with the Muppets??? :D

Now, THAT might work! LOL :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Maybe.... they could just cast it with the Muppets??? :D

Now, THAT might work! LOL :lol:

PIGS....IN...SPAAAaaaaaaaaaaaCE!!!!!! :D

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I heard whispers that Christian Bale said that he has not done his last pirate film.

He even kind of looks like Flynn.

Aww c'mon.... Kemit could do the part with one flipper tied behind his back!! :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Aww c'mon.... Kemit could do the part with one flipper tied behind his back!! B)

I spoke wit' Kermit, an he said, he's not interested in the part.

He also said, that if ye didn't quit pushin' his buttons, yer friend the pig would get it. Then he mumbled somethin' bout makin' it look like an accident wit' one o' yer swords!

Come t' think 'bout it, he didn't seem too happy 'bout sharin' a trailer (an flies) wit' Spiderman, either...

Edited by Jacky Tar