Personal Image Gallery & How to Post Pictures

Stynky Tudor

After stepping thru the instructions with Cascabel - I realize that these instructions are severely out of date.

Hopefully all will be remedied and things will become a bit more intuitive after this week's software upgrade.

. . . and um, someone like Mission and Brig write a new tutorial.

I'm in the process of setting up our new Image Gallery. Right now everyone should be able to create their own Member Photo Album and upload pictures to it.

Once a few people confirm that this new feature is working, we'll start setting up the Events Gallery - where everyone can upload.

To set up your Member Photo Album:

1) Select 'My Controls' from the top menu bar.

2) That should take you to your 'Control Panel'. From the sub-panel on the left, select 'Your Albums'.

3) In the main control panel on the right select, 'Click here to create your first album!'.

4) Give your new album a name, 'Album Name'.

5) Give us a description if you like.

6) Select the 'Pub Members Gallery' 'Category'

7) At the bottom, select 'Create Album'.

Now that your album gallery is created - lets upload some images to it:

1) Select 'Upload Image' from the pull-down menu on the right.

2) First the screen will change, now type in something for the 'Caption'.

3) Now tell us about the image, give us the who, what, when and where it was taken.

4) Use 'Browse' to find and select the image that you want to upload.

5) Once you've found your image, select 'Post Image'.

Depending on how large your original image is, the upload process can take a while.

Technobabble:

You can now create more than one Image Album and each Album now holds a limit of 64 images. You should be able to upload as many as 5 images at a time and the largest size image that can be uploaded in bytes is 5 Megabytes. You should also have full edit, delete and move control over your Images and Albums.

But no matter how high the pixel resolution, to save server space - the image gallery software will automatically reduce the image's longest pixel length to 800 pixels, the rest of the image will follow accordingly. Aside from the small 128 pixel thumbnails, a secondary thumbnail that has a maximum pixel length of 512 pixels is the gallery's main display - this is what you will see when browsing your gallery. To see the larger 800 pixel size images, just click on the secondary thumbnail - that should launch a browser window and display the larger image.

If anyone has any problems, please PM me right away.

- Stynky

First off it's a great Idea and and an improvement.. It works fine.. One pic at a tyme.. thare be no mass uplaoding mechanism inplace Like MySpace has .. I was only allowed to create One Album. This was my experience..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

First off it's a great Idea and and an improvement.. It works fine.. One pic at a tyme.. thare be no mass uplaoding mechanism inplace Like MySpace has .. I was only allowed to create One Album. This was my experience..

I'll see about allowing more than one upload at a time. - I think I saw an option for that somewhere.

As for only one Album, at the moment that's all I have it set for.

Thanks for reporting on what and how its working.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

When I bring up the Pyracy pub I see photos of the Blackbeard festival and click on them but since I am not logged in yet I can not do that. When I log in the photos that appear on the home page are not the same and I can't find the ones that I would like to see.

Any advice?

So i went through every page in the gallery and I still can't find the photos of this years blackbeard Festival and the photos on the Kalmar Nykel that are there before I log in. i got see several duplicates of many of the other photos but not the ones I am looking for. :D

stynky, is there a search function for the gallery?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Sorry for this tardy reply Guys.

I believe the image strip at the top is set to display the most recently posted images.

Now if you logout and you see images from the Blackbeard event again. . . well I don't have an answer why that is, but would suspect some sort of browser cookie thingy.

As for a gallery search function. . . the answer is:yes we have one, but it seems to be out of order - I'll add it to my todo list.

A software patch for has come out - I'm going to try and install that later tonight - lets see how much it fixes.

• 2 months later...

Not working fer me

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 1 month later...

Stynky,I can't seem to be able to upload or post pictures to reply to a topic, i can right click on my picture and get copy or cut but when i get to the reply page my only options are delete ,I've tryed to search here but can't find How To Post Pictures . thanks willie wobble

You'll need to post your pics to a FREE site like photobucket or flickr, once they are posted there you copy the direct link and when posting you go to the insert image links option ...you'll get a box that come up and you paste your link there ... You can't do a direct link from your computer, you have to go through the intermediary step

Edited by callenish gunner

I imagine one could download a photo into the gallery here on Pyracy, then post a link to that photo in the topic in question, and forgo the flickr, etc route.

Yes, I've done that. The nice thing about posting them here is that they should always be here unless something catastrophic happens. (Some free pic sites boot you after a certain amount of inactivity.) The bad thing is that you're limited to the number of pics you can close.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yes, I've done that. The nice thing about posting them here is that they should always be here unless something catastrophic happens. (Some free pic sites boot you after a certain amount of inactivity.) The bad thing is that you're limited to the number of pics you can close.

Actually, unless something got reset during the last upgrade - I removed those limits a while ago.

Stynky,I can't seem to be able to upload or post pictures to reply to a topic, i can right click on my picture and get copy or cut but when i get to the reply page my only options are delete ,I've tryed to search here but can't find How To Post Pictures . thanks willie wobble

Ahoy Willie,

The best way is to make yourself a personal image gallery and then post your images to it. Once you've posted your pictures - the gallery will supply you the corresponding bb/html code you'll need to post your images in the forums or on an independent website.

The very first post in this thread (though it may be dated from several versions back) tells how to make a gallery and post pictures to it. Then it's just a matter of copying the image's url location and pasting it into your post - using the Insert Image button in your reply or post editor.

. . . does that make any sense? If not let me know and I'll write up a step-by-step, also you can PM me directly.

- Stynky

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to post some pictures that don't need to be in the gallery (They are fun ones I took to show PEW). However, when copy and pasting the direct link from Photobucket into the img box, I get the code for the photo in the post, but not the photo itself. Is that us, or Photobucket? :rolleyes:

(And yes, Michael, I did finally find where to adjust the resolution. Deleted the large pics, and re-uploaded them at a lower res. Thanks ;) )

Okay, it's working now, so I figure it was Photobucket playing with my brain. ;)

Edited by Ransom

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Teasing us. This is why we hate you. :lol:

Hey, is there a way to fix the photo autoscaling? It's not working for me anymore and the large photos are bursting the borders. I was going to post a bunch of junk in the PiP forum, but the photos were so fricken huge in the preview that I just gave up on it.

I went through the settings, but I couldn't see anything wrong according to the info I found about the IP boards. Heard anything? Will the update fix this? (Did the last one break it?) Inquiring minds want to know.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks!

After years of uploading pics, the new picture key that comes up when I want to add an image is mostly off of the left hand side of page. The box there is visible. But will not allow the links to be loaded.

Now having checked my computer for issues, I can only suggest that there is issues with where the box is appearing.

any suggestions??

thanks again!!

jffrats@yahoo.com

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Pm Stynky on that one. Are you talking about your profile photos or the gallery? Make that clear to him.

Mission_banner5.JPG

No, it's actually when I try to reply and add a picture to the reply thread. The box for adding the link is half way off of the screen. And though I try to click and drag the box (like most boxes and control panels) the site does not allow me to adjust the box....Grrrr!!

I thought It was just my computer. But even after restarting, she's being stubborn!!

Did I say Grrrr yet?!!

After all how can I harass, tease and seamlessly upstage Mad Dog if I cannot post photographic proof of my exploits??!!

Stupid computer!! Stupid maddog computer!!!

Pm Stynky on that one. Are you talking about your profile photos or the gallery? Make that clear to him.

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

No, it's actually when I try to reply and add a picture to the reply thread. The box for adding the link is half way off of the screen. And though I try to click and drag the box (like most boxes and control panels) the site does not allow me to adjust the box....Grrrr!!

I thought It was just my computer. But even after restarting, she's being stubborn!!

Did I say Grrrr yet?!!

After all how can I harass, tease and seamlessly upstage Mad Dog if I cannot post photographic proof of my exploits??!!

Stupid computer!! Stupid maddog computer!!!

I'm about to do another system update on the Pub - after which I'll need to go through, check an reset several settings - I'm thinking this should fix things. If it doesn't, complain some more, send me a PM and let me know.