Catalog of Crews

I am a member of two crews. One is a guild called the Devil's Brood Pyrates, and is made up of multiple crews from around the US. We have members in Ohio, and Virginia, each state is headed by a Chapter/State Commodore, we do anything from re-enactments to performing, but require members to have a certain level of historical authenticity. One chapter, is also made up of vendors and performers who travel from state to state and festival to festival, and are called the 'Roving Fleet'. We can be reached on our facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/thedevilsbroodpyrates?fref=ts My personal crew is called 'The Knights of the Black Flag' which is a re-enactment/ performing troop dedicated to romantic and realistic pirate portrayals from 1660-1690 or so. In other words, We are based in reality, but also do pyrate fantasy. The Knights of the Black Flag are also, as the name implies, do portrayals of honorable, but formidable pirates, and members of the Knights have to agree to having their personas abide by an invented code for our crew, we have a facebook page, but it isn't public yet as the Knights only has one member. Anyone can message me for details for either.

Let every man Know freedom, Kings be damned,

And let the Devil sort out the mess afterwards.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this suffice?

DEVIL'S BROOD PYRATES (CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES) We do anything from re-enactments to performing, with a required certain level of historical authenticity

ROVING FLEET (CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES) A chapter of the Devil's Brood Pyrates with emphasis on travel through the U.S. as vendors and Performers

I'll add the Knights of the Black Flag once you've recruited enough to be a crew or group.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Yo ho ho, hello everyone, my name is Mr Loche, I am a French pirate, I live in Nantes in Brittany. I am enchanted to meet you. My center of interest is the reconstruction and evocation seventeenth / eighteenth century - Pirates, Buccaneers, Corsairs ..

Aujourd'hui vivant, demain mort, que m'importe d'amasser ou de ménager, je ne compte que sur le jour que je vis et jamais sur celui que je vais vivre.

Today'S living, death tomorrow, that is important to me to amass or housekeeping, i do realize that on the day that i screws and never on the one that I will live.

Thanks captain ;)

Aujourd'hui vivant, demain mort, que m'importe d'amasser ou de ménager, je ne compte que sur le jour que je vis et jamais sur celui que je vais vivre.

Today'S living, death tomorrow, that is important to me to amass or housekeeping, i do realize that on the day that i screws and never on the one that I will live.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.thecharlestownefew.org/

At the helm ofthe Charlestowne Few, is the fearsome and seductive Captain Anne Bonny.Although her true origins have been the subject of much speculation, popularbelief is that she was born in the spring in County Cork…the offspring of asolicitor and his housemaid, one Mary Brennan.

Not long afterher birth, her father, outcast from society due to the scandal, decided toleave Ireland with his mistress Mary and their young daughter. Together, theyreportedly travelled to the Americas where Anne’s father attempted(unsuccessfully) to practice law…eventually taking up more profitable means ofsupporting his family. As a merchant, he amassed something of a small fortune,which permitted a young Anne the life of an aristocrat. By thirteen, she hadalready gained a reputation for being both audacious and freespirited…attributes complimented by a long mass of fiery dark-red hair. Despiteher father’s best intentions, and no shortage of “suitable” offers formarriage, Anne ran off with a minor pirate leader named James Bonny…and wassoon thereafter cut off from her inheritance.

James provedincompetent, and the ambitious Anne soon prevailed upon him to leave the EastCoast for the Spanish Main, arriving on New Providence Island sometime around1715. Anne hoped that the favorable “legal” conditions and heavily travelledsea lanes would inspire her reluctant husband to enterprise, but James soonturned government informant, accepting the “King’s Pardon” and convincing Annethat his goals were too small for her plans.

By 1717, Annehad become a frequent visitor to the taverns where more active pirates oftenmet, making the acquaintance of Captain “Calico Jack” Rackham. The pair soonformed an alliance, and on their ship the Revenge,began a series of forays into the waters of Nassau.

Not longafterwards, their crew was joined by a young man who went by the name “Smith”whom Anne soon took a fancy to. Her attentions forced “Smith” to reveal hertrue gender and identity as one Mary Read, a woman who had already fought in anumber of armies under the guise of a man, and proved to be an exceptionalfighter and leader. The secret out, Anne, Mary and Rackham became partnersuntil the trio was captured by the King’s Ship Agamemnon. However, Mary proved to be with child at the time, andher execution was delayed.

Whileimprisoned, Anne caught the eye of a young Barbados militia officer, MajorStede Bonnet. Impressed with Rackham’s leadership and enamored of the piratelifestyle (and in no small measure, Anne), Bonnet “facilitated” the pair’sescape and then fled with them to the Carolina Coast.

At BeaufortInlet, Bonny brokered an alliance with the infamous Devilmen of Cape Fear, and alongwith Rackham and Bonnet, participated in the siege of the town before militiaforces chased the various pirate companies to Southport. There, Bonny andRackham attempted to persuade Bonnet not to proceed with his plan to sack thetown , fearing Royal Navy dispatched to stop them. However, Bonnet attacked andwas soon captured and “hung”. Some said that Bonny actually led a rescue ofBonnet from prison, and that an imbecile cabin boy was hung instead…Reportsthat Bonnet was sighted off Ocracoke Island still persist, though a fewspeculate he has taken up “respectable” merchant activities as one “CaptainThompson”, and some suspect he may have gone inland to explore the mysterieswilds of the New World in search of the elusive “El Dorado”.

Captain Bonnythereafter won over the command of the Revengeand the Charlestowne Few due to her fearlessness in battle, and devotion to hercrew. Her legend has spread such that many in her native land believe her to beGrace O’Malley reborn, or perhaps a true-life Selkie, as much at home at sea ason land.

annbonny@thecharlestownefew.org
843-812-4265

10r60p0.png

https://www.facebook.com/groups/215862656994/

http://www.thecharlestownefew.org/

At the helm ofthe Charlestowne Few, is the fearsome and seductive Captain Anne Bonny.Although her true origins have been the subject of much speculation, popularbelief is that she was born in the spring in County Cork…the offspring of asolicitor and his housemaid, one Mary Brennan.

Not long afterher birth, her father, outcast from society due to the scandal, decided toleave Ireland with his mistress Mary and their young daughter. Together, theyreportedly travelled to the Americas where Anne’s father attempted(unsuccessfully) to practice law…eventually taking up more profitable means ofsupporting his family. As a merchant, he amassed something of a small fortune,which permitted a young Anne the life of an aristocrat. By thirteen, she hadalready gained a reputation for being both audacious and freespirited…attributes complimented by a long mass of fiery dark-red hair. Despiteher father’s best intentions, and no shortage of “suitable” offers formarriage, Anne ran off with a minor pirate leader named James Bonny…and wassoon thereafter cut off from her inheritance.

James provedincompetent, and the ambitious Anne soon prevailed upon him to leave the EastCoast for the Spanish Main, arriving on New Providence Island sometime around1715. Anne hoped that the favorable “legal” conditions and heavily travelledsea lanes would inspire her reluctant husband to enterprise, but James soonturned government informant, accepting the “King’s Pardon” and convincing Annethat his goals were too small for her plans.

By 1717, Annehad become a frequent visitor to the taverns where more active pirates oftenmet, making the acquaintance of Captain “Calico Jack” Rackham. The pair soonformed an alliance, and on their ship the Revenge,began a series of forays into the waters of Nassau.

Not longafterwards, their crew was joined by a young man who went by the name “Smith”whom Anne soon took a fancy to. Her attentions forced “Smith” to reveal hertrue gender and identity as one Mary Read, a woman who had already fought in anumber of armies under the guise of a man, and proved to be an exceptionalfighter and leader. The secret out, Anne, Mary and Rackham became partnersuntil the trio was captured by the King’s Ship Agamemnon. However, Mary proved to be with child at the time, andher execution was delayed.

Whileimprisoned, Anne caught the eye of a young Barbados militia officer, MajorStede Bonnet. Impressed with Rackham’s leadership and enamored of the piratelifestyle (and in no small measure, Anne), Bonnet “facilitated” the pair’sescape and then fled with them to the Carolina Coast.

At BeaufortInlet, Bonny brokered an alliance with the infamous Devilmen of Cape Fear, and alongwith Rackham and Bonnet, participated in the siege of the town before militiaforces chased the various pirate companies to Southport. There, Bonny andRackham attempted to persuade Bonnet not to proceed with his plan to sack thetown , fearing Royal Navy dispatched to stop them. However, Bonnet attacked andwas soon captured and “hung”. Some said that Bonny actually led a rescue ofBonnet from prison, and that an imbecile cabin boy was hung instead…Reportsthat Bonnet was sighted off Ocracoke Island still persist, though a fewspeculate he has taken up “respectable” merchant activities as one “CaptainThompson”, and some suspect he may have gone inland to explore the mysterieswilds of the New World in search of the elusive “El Dorado”.

Captain Bonnythereafter won over the command of the Revengeand the Charlestowne Few due to her fearlessness in battle, and devotion to hercrew. Her legend has spread such that many in her native land believe her to beGrace O’Malley reborn, or perhaps a true-life Selkie, as much at home at sea ason land.

10r60p0.jpg

annbonny@thecharlestownefew.org
843-812-4265

https://www.facebook.com/groups/215862656994/

• 2 months later...

I have a crew, the Crew of the Scavenger. Trying to make it into a living history group. We've been around for a while now, and have always been pretty accurate, but I'm trying to dispense with everything Hollywood, and be as accurate as possible. I'm the Captain, and we're based in South West Florida.

Edited by Capt_Jack_Stifler

I started the Crew of the Scavenger in 2005, and after a few years of inactivity, we're back. We started out as a group of friends that would go to pirate festivals, and though I did strive for accuracy, a little bit of hollywood slipped in here and there. Now that I'm getting things going again, we're striving to be as accurate as possible, as period correct as possible. Out with the bucket boots and in with the buckle shoes.

We used to throw a huge party here in town called Pirate Bash, and after many years without one, the next one is slated for May 31st. Once our costumes are period correct, we're going to start going to festivals again, and eventually I'd like to do living history pirate camping trips (A few days in period clothing on a desert island sounds great to me).

Anyway, that's a little about us.

• 11 months later...

Oy! Will or Syren... could either ye do a favor?

Instead of just calling it "Resurrection", could ye have "the Pirates and Buccaneers of the Resurrection"? Please & thank ye kindly.

We'd also like to have a thread all our own like the others on here, too, iffn ye please.

We are trying to invade proper events in Illinois, Indiana, southern Wisconsin, Easter Iowa, & per chance southern Michigan.

The website is still active. We are ALWAYS actively seeking new shipmates willing and able to sign on and attend events (what few of them there are).

Plenty of scenarios planned. Demos possible. Lots of interaction with the public is possible. My vision is to be hands on with spectators to teach them/show them a pirates lifestyle.

Stickin' with it, mates. Granted events nigh as dry as the weather but seeking and planning.

Thank ye kindly for helping to get the word out.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Thank ye most kindly, Will. :)

I know the Pyracy Pub is under the Links on our website. ;)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 1 year later...