Original 1723 maps on eBay?

Hmmmm.... Although the original maps these were based on were probably published in 1723, I'm not sure those particular prints were done back then. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't they have been done in vellum? And if so, they wouldn't be that white. Even if they had been done in paper, they would be more of a brown colour. These look like replicas of 1723 maps to me.

Also, some of those maps have folds - if they had been actually produced in 1723, the folds would have stressed the documents enough that they would be splitting.

RHJMap.jpg

Hmmm originals at that price... I have to agree with Jill, I think they are repros.. in which case nice work for the price

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

three things are dead give aways that these are not maps created in 1723 first off the size is useless to anyone needing good maps from that period ...secondly the paper they have been printed on would be foxed at that age and very fragile unless they had been kept vacuum they would have yellowed and the natural effects of age would make these "originals" much more expensive than $14.99

Hmmm originals at that price... I have to agree with Jill, I think they are repros..

Damn Repos!!!!

They repo'd me maps once....arrested me navigator too as well they did, it took me an entire week t' find me way outta that mall parking lot!!!! :unsure:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

aye, look like reproductions to me but nice cheap ones to have at an event. :unsure:

If only I had the coinage to obtain them all. Well, expect the 1865 one at least.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Those are not real maps, they are reproductions. It's pretty obvious to others here as it was me.

I've seen real maps for sale at a maritime store and I can tell you they go for a very hefty price, and they are fragile.

I have a couple of reproduction maps that some guy at the thrift store tried to tell me were real...and selling for $2.00! Oh sure, and I can sell you some swampland in Florida too..... B)

Oh sure, and I can sell you some swampland in Florida too..... B)

B)

Oh Wow!! How Much?!!!?

...been die'n t' try out me new solar power'd swamp buggy I have!!! B)

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!