Robinson Crusoe

LadyBarbossa

Thought there was a thread for this, didn't see it.

Watching the Olympics, given the opportunity to see previews of the upcoming series. Looks interesting and I want to see it!

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Looks like a Disney-fied version complete with the Swiss Family Robinson tree house. :( I'll definitely watch it, because how many primetime shows set in the early 18th Century do we get in the states?

Have to laugh at the show description though, how they tout their "remaining faithful" to Defoe's work, yet they also tout "reinventing" Crusoe with a 21st century mindset. Whaaaatevs.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

;)

Worth a shot to check it out. I guess we'll give the "hoist the tankard" approval ;) or the "Run 'em through the gullet with th' Cutlass" disapproval ;) when we see it.

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 2 months later...

I don't like it...He's supposed to be shipwrecked and he has all this nice stuff..even his clothes are neat and clean. Just does not look like the way i pictured it would be..Maybe my standards were too high.... :blink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Aye..I really had high hopes for this movie. I watched the first two hour episode and had to literally force myself to watch the second. It's not what I thought it would be at all....very disappointed. However Im optimistic so maybe it will get better.

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Sure I watch it; just like I watched Buffy, Xena, or Beastmaster.

I sure don't expect history when they don't even try to be true to the novel they're stealing!

The first episode was more MacGyver of the Jungle, while the second was more Gilligan's Ghost Whisperer.

They have a lot of pitfalls to avoid to bring this off: threat of the week, failed escape plan of the week, to name just two.

IMO this show has the look and feel of all the late 1990’s cable TV sci-fi series set in the late 18th century. To me the set with the Swiss Family Treehouse looks like it was made by the same set designer as“Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World”. It also has the same feel as to stories and plot twists, meaning it has all the taste of white bread served over and over, when you crave pizza. Hmmmm, pizza.

Just for fun- Lost World Info Website

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

It will be good for main steam pirate fans. If you go into it expecting a Xena like show then I think you will be surprised. It is a bit campy, but I think it is far better then the Xena like shows. The pirates are a bit over costumed, but right now that is what most Americans think of when they think PIRATE.

It may never be a show for this crowd. I do think that it will be on for quite some time. I doubt it will flop. So we can hope that it gets better. For now I will stick to my other island based show....LOST !

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Lost! Now you're talkin'!

So this show is a weekly thing? On my local network tv?

Indeed it is blackjohn, it will run on Friday nights though not sure of the channel...The third show is fast approaching so I hope tis better.

it will run on Friday nights though not sure of the channel...The third show is fast approaching so I hope tis better.

It is on NBC.

I have been told that the firearms are from Middlesex Village Trading Company, with Crusoe carrying the Townson Fowler.

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

ah, fun to watch as long as you can leave reality behind. My first thoughts were "if'n he can build all the fancy stuff around the tree house then why can't he just build a dang ship to leave the island." But then the series would be over. :lol:

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Lost! Now you're talkin'!

So this show is a weekly thing? On my local network tv?

Indeed it is blackjohn, it will run on Friday nights though not sure of the channel...The third show is fast approaching so I hope tis better.

Thanks. If I think about it, I'll give it a look-see.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Sure I watch it; just like I watched Buffy, Xena, or Beastmaster.

I sure don't expect history when they don't even try to be true to the novel they're stealing!

The first episode was more MacGyver of the Jungle, while the second was more Gilligan's Ghost Whisperer.

They have a lot of pitfalls to avoid to bring this off: threat of the week, failed escape plan of the week, to name just two.

I think my problem with it is that while I may have enjoyed Xena and Hercules I was not aware of how Period Incorrect it was. Having learned so much of Pyracy and STILL learning I think I find it rather boring and can see the falseness, the Hollywood aspect if you will and I think that is why I do not like it. It does not fit with what I have learned..however Im still trying to watch it because it is nice to see a TV sitcom from that era...

Looks like a Disney-fied version complete with the Swiss Family Robinson tree house. :lol: I'll definitely watch it, because how many primetime shows set in the early 18th Century do we get in the states?

Have to laugh at the show description though, how they tout their "remaining faithful" to Defoe's work, yet they also tout "reinventing" Crusoe with a 21st century mindset. Whaaaatevs.

Aye, Disney's Swiss Family Robinson Tree House was my first thought exactly. I just can't figure out where the ostrich pens are located or where they expect to have the races.

I think my problem with it is that while I may have enjoyed Xena and Hercules I was not aware of how Period Incorrect it was. Having learned so much of Pyracy and STILL learning I think I find it rather boring and can see the falseness, the Hollywood aspect if you will and I think that is why I do not like it. It does not fit with what I have learned..however Im still trying to watch it because it is nice to see a TV sitcom from that era...

Just don't look to it for history luv, it's pure fantasy; like LoTR or Firefly

Rumba - it's on NBC. Up here in more northerly regions of the west coast it airs on Friday nights (this Friday it's being pre-empted by local sports though, so check your local listings).