Ojai, Ca.

Ransom

September 19th - 20th, & 26th - 27th, 2009: Gold Coast Pirate Faire

Lake Casitas, Ojai, CALIFORNIA 

http://www.goldcoastfestivals.com/piratefa...tefestpg1.html 

Time: 10 am - 6 pm

Capt'n Scum, Blackbeard, Capt'n Morgan, Capt'n Kidd, and their motley crews, pirates, privateers, buccaneers, thieves, and others of that persuasion will be there to entertain and educate visitors about the glories of the age of Piracy. Games, parade, treasure hunts, 3 stages of entertainment, shows, merchants, sell'n plunder, food 'n grog 'n plenty fer the young 'uns to see and do. Phone/FAX: (805) 496-6036, E-mail goldcoastfestivals@gmail.com

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Okay - since it's about six weeks off let's start planning.

TO WHOEVER IS INTERESTED:

This year we'll be holding the First Annual Tales of the Seven Seas Fabric Swap.

Have you got fabric that you've purchased but just haven't had the time to do anything with? Or leftover fabric from that project that was going to be a coat but ended up being a vest? Or some lovely fabric that someone gave you that is quite frankly not your colour?

Bring 'em down to Ojai and swap fabrics with fellow pirates in the TO7S camp! And if you have patterns and notions that you haven't used (and you don't need) bring those as well.

RHJMap.jpg

Along with the fabric swap, what about a "clean out your clothes chest" costume swap/exchange? I've got a spare shirt and a nice hat that doesn't fit either Chain Shot or myself. Maybe others have bits and pieces of garb they no longer wear, or are tired of? Or maybe we could swap costume items for fabric?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Second weekend...Ojia fer muah...

Eye am on the Queen Mary this year first week end..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 2 weeks later...

WHOOOO HOOOOO

See you there, Pete. We'll finally get to meet. <_<

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Sounds like a plan!! I'll put my house up for sale today! Petee, are you with one of the groups at Ojai? If so, where is your camp? I'll look for ya and give an official hello in person....it's nice seeing people from the pub..

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

I used to be a part of Pirates of Treasure Cove, was actually one of the founding members. For now my crew and I are just on are own. We didn't go to Ojai last year, due to the fact that my wife was about to pop. So its been about two years since we have been and I can not wait to go. I will definitely say hello Kenneth and to the rest of the pub members that I haven't seen in awhile.

Petee-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ojai this year was a real blast! Other than the heat, especially down on the battlefield, it was a perfect weekend of pyrate fun.

Being part of Tales of the Seven Seas is always great, even if we only get to see them twice a year. If anyone who lives in the Bay area wants to hang out with a great group of pyrates, you couldn't pick a nicer crewe. A big thank-you to them all, for making our trip down so worth it in every way for the third year in a row.

And yes, we did do girly-girl on Saturday, and Jill did make Tatter Tots in camp, on a skillet! They were great! Iron Bess also brought the Krispy Creme doughnuts — come on, you can't be girly-girl without Krispy Cremes. LOL

Got to finally meet Pyrate Pete. What a great guy, and...a lot BIGGER than I expected.

Kudos to Kenneth and his Kern Co. Privateers for setting up such period looking encampment. They all did a four-star job and it looked super. Also, a big thank-you to them all for the gift to the Tale's gang of a bottle of Pyrat rum, and the lovely note that came with it.

It was a hoot seeing big, bad pyrate Kenneth walking around with ice-cream cones all the time. At one point, he had a cone in each hand. LOL

Hanging out with Jacky Tar on Saturday is always a treat. I think his Tit-mouse gift to Iron Bess was the hit of the weekend. We were all in hysterics! And I nearly sprayed him with a mouthful of water when he made his six-pack and spray paint comment while watching the belly dancers (You had to be there to get that one).

Being part of the House of Bang and Boom cannon crew during the battle on Saturday and Sunday is always a blast. However, it was a little tougher on Saturday, when Jill and I were in our totally non-PC girly-girl garb, even if Jill did cheat and exchange her skirt for pantaloons!

Getting "Kidnapped" by Kenneth on Sunday afternoon and being held for ransom was a kick, even if my rescue was a bit anti-climactic. Chain Shot thought of a whole bunch of stuff he should have done...on the drive home! :lol: He says he'll stage a better attack on the kidnappers next year, if they try it again. Although, Jill did retaliate against Kenneth with a cannon swabber! ;) (Yeah, ya had to be there for that one, too).

Too much fun over the two days to recount all of it, but the "Spoobage Alert Game" was way too funny..."My eyes, my eyes!" And watching two women and one man trying to hook Red-Handed Jill into a Victorian corset, and literally lifting her off the ground was pretty funny. She let out a "hooph" and a "squeek" as they did so. Bettter you than me, Jill! LOL

Final words...CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!!!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg