Ojai, Ca.

Ransom

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope t' see a few new faces, on Saturday... as I'll be hidin' from the familiar ones...

You can try! :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Yes - bring LOTS of water. Get some of those water cubes and keep them in a covered area. With regards to food, it depends on whether or not you plan on cooking. Don't bring anything that will spoil - the weather gurus predict 80 degrees in Ojai this weekend. TO7S' resident kitchen goddess keeps lots of fruit and veggies on hand; also hummus, pita, olives and other nibblies that can be eaten by hand.

And with regards to cell phone charging, you can either use your car or get a solar charger. I use a Solio - works great!

Thank you Thank you!! Can't wait to see some of the pub members...and of course the Tales crew!

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

Aye, first port be Talk Like A Pirate Day fer a grand party indeed, then a day ashore at Oceanside then set'n course fer Ojai...much bet'er plan then befer, so glad me capt'n toss me o'er board indeed!!!

LOOK OUT RUM, HERE I COME!!! :D

Hey....there naught be any pirate smilies?!!? STYNKY!! Where Be Th' Pirate Smilies?!!!!? :D

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Next ye'll be wantin' a pirate smilie tatooed on yer butt... ;)

;)

hmmm, perhaps I should see if that be one o' th' special tattoos offered fer just 40coin tomorrow night!!

'n our office have one o' them new fangled Office Copier/Fax combo machines what even do e-mails too....!!!!

;)

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

If it's who I think it is, they did the same to us. I brought a splitter so we could share the water but they seem to think that everything exists for them and them alone.

Headed down to Ojai now - see you all there!

And stop by Saturday night for some of my rum cake! I made them EXTRA rummy this time! :ph34r:

RHJMap.jpg

:ph34r:

WHA!!!!!!

I wanna GO!!!

If it's who I think it is, they did the same to us. I brought a splitter so we could share the water but they seem to think that everything exists for them and them alone.

Headed down to Ojai now - see you all there!

And stop by Saturday night for some of my rum cake! I made them EXTRA rummy this time! :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

The weather, on Saturday, at Ojai was great. I spent most o' the day in the company o' the Tales of the Seven Seas (TO7S) crew, an they are a grand group indeed.

The pub's own Red-handed Jill, an her Jack, head up Bang and Boom (part o' the TO7S encampment); Bang and Boom, had the loudest cannons at the Faire.

Mister Smee (of TO7S) gave navigation lessons, Lola gave stick fightin' lessons, while the camp's duck seemed t' attract more than his fair share o' attention ('fore returnin' t' his hotel room)!

Aye, an Ransom, an her first mate Chain Shot were on hand too (also, members o' the TO7S, an good mates).

The encampments, like Tales of the Seven Seas, an their willingness t' interact wit' the faire goers, make faires like Ojai very special events.

Jacky - it was great to see you at Ojai - maybe next time we'll get you to fire a cannon!

I had a BLAST at Ojai (both literally and figuratively.) Kenneth, Casket Chris and their crew were our neighbors this year and they really had a great setup. We talked about joining our camps next year - soon we'll be taking over - MWAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ransom and Chain Shot acquitted themselves well on the field of battle, joining us as cannon crew once again (although this time on land.) Ransom's coat is now well imbued with black powder!

And Beaker the duck was a huge hit. So many folks stopped by to have their picture taken with him and he became the talk of the faire after Ryan took him out on their walks. I suppose seeing a duck on a leash IS a bit unusual...

And Iron Bess - you really were missed!!

RHJMap.jpg

My crew and I had a wonderful time at Ojai directly because of all the wonderful "Pirates" (that just doesn't sound right, but it is) that were there. It was a joy to meet and chat with every single member from the pub.

I especially want to thank Kenneth and the Kern County Pirates for playing along with our nonsense on Sunday and the Tales of the Seven Seas for the wonderful cannon fire exchange with us on Saturday.

We are looking for more fun this upcoming weekend.

Fair Winds,

Greydog

Alliance of the Double Cross

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Back atcha!

Hey - who was that guy with the carronade on the land carriage? You might want to keep a close eye on him next weekend - he doesn't pay much attention to the people around him when he's loading and firing his carronade. I told him to pay attention and to alert folks when he had a hot gun but I'm not sure I got through to him.

RHJMap.jpg

Ojai...Oh my! What a grand time indeed!

Many cudos to Kenneth, Casket Chris and their crew, who had a great first-timers encampment.They made perfect neighbors for us (TO7S). And yes, we must combine camps and take over from a "certain other group." Jill has it right....bruawhaahahahahaaaaa!!!!

Chain Shot and I had an outstanding time — usually out standing in cannon smoke. YES! Once again we were lucky enough to be invited to join the Bang and Boom cannon crew in the Big Battle. Only down side—the battle grounds were full of burrs. I spent 15 minutes pulling the little prickly devils out of Red-Handed Jill's hair and clothes after she was "mortally wounded" and dragged off the field.

Jacky Tar was even pressed into toting gun equipment, but decided to watch the battle from the hill. We had a great time wandering the fair, and just hanging out together. Too bad we can only get together once a year, since we have WAY too much fun. LOL

Saturday night, celebrating Saber's birthday, with the whole encampment lit by either candles or lanterns, was magical. Iron Jack and Red-Handed Jill entertained us with songs and music, then presented Jill's famous...or infamous...rum cake. Afterwards, several of us wandered over to the tavern to listen to Pirate Charles rock the night away, despite a rather dodgy sound system.

It was grand to see everyone from the Tales again, plus — Rumba, Boats, Gray Dog, the Kern County Pirates, Bunny Cutlass, Arthur of Kent, and Chance—all the way from Arizona. Iron Bess, there was a BIG void where your lovely person should have been. You were dearly missed, indeed.

If you couldn't make it this year, plan on going next year. It is one of the best events, with a great vibe, and a super site. You'll have a blast!

R :D

Pictures to follow as soon as I can unpack everything — didn't get home until 10 pm last night, after a 12 hr drive home.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

I had an awesome time at Ojai on Sat. The whole Pirates Magazine crew went to Disneyland on Sunday but even one day at Ojai was breath taking. What a perfect place for a festival.

Big thanks to our hosts, the Rum Runners. They sure do keep the rum flowing.

I got to meet a lot of people that I have only known online including a sword dealer of mine(Brady from Age of Chivalry).

Many pictures coming soon.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Okay, I'll start.

Iron Jack, relaxing after the battle.

100_2916.jpg

Red-Handed Jill

100_2892.jpg

Kenneth, being serious

100_2896.jpg

Kenneth being rather silly.

100_2899.jpg

More to come later......

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

temptress... keep posting!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Okay, here are a few more pics.

Chain Shot, with his new sword.

100_2887.jpg

Casket Chris

100_2906.jpg

Myself and Jacky Tar ;)

100_2836.jpg

And me, with Kenneth and Casket Chris. We were supposed give our "Bad Ass" look. They look the part, I look tired and way too....clean! <_<

100_2908.jpg

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

A few more...

Mr. Smee, from Tales of the Seven Seas, teaching the fine art of navigation to some very interested mundanes.

100_2889.jpg

The display for House of Bang and Boom

100_2895.jpg

Graydog and Kenneth

100_2910.jpg

RAKEHELL-1.jpg