Ojai, Ca.

Ransom

No one has posted anything about Ojai yet, so here is the heads up. Seems most of the pirates I know are going the first weekend, Sept. 20-21.

This is an awesome event, in a really nice setting, so I hope lots of pirates can turn their "ships" in that direction, drop anchor, and have a great time. Lots of vendors, food, music, and battles! (Yes, shoot or gully those nasty Spaniards!)

I know Tales of the Seven Seas will have an encampment again this year, so come by and see us! :lol::lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Alliance of the Double Cross” will land and seize Spanish property on Saturday, September 20th and remain until Sunday September 28th. We anticipate seizing an area of multiple temporary Spanish lodgings and using the town for our own purposes. Those wishing to be separated from thar gold..er..ah..want to be entertained are invited to partake of our on shore gambling operation we shall establish. Fair warning is given to all wayfarers of this impending operation. Enter said surroundings at yer own risk.

Martin "Greydog" Blackwheel

Alliance of the Double Cross

:lol:

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

As it be official that Stranglehold has been invited back to Oceanside Harbor Days..I will show up to revel and plunder at Ojia the second week end.. As such, I am sorry to be missing the lot of ye whom b thar on the first week end only... It is gonna be a hellavah September for me ..Lots of pilliaging to do..! :ph34r:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

It is gonna be a hellavah September...

Aye, how come so many be overlap'n is it?

We have Ocean Side overlap'n Ojia on th' side and we have Talk Like A Pirate Day slide'n in right against Ojia's nose....how can one be in three places at once I ask?

Well, for me I will be missing Ocean Side, crawl'n out o' Studio City, and hopfully naught gettin' another ticket on me way t' Ojia some time Friday night....er' early Saturday morn....'er at least by Monday morn....I hope.....

....now which way is this Ojia???

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

As it be official that Stranglehold has been invited back to Oceanside Harbor Days..I will show up to revel and plunder at Ojia the second week end.. As such, I am sorry to be missing the lot of ye whom b thar on the first week end only... It is gonna be a hellavah September for me ..Lots of pilliaging to do..! :ph34r:

:ph34r: Dang, Eyes, that means I'll miss seeing you again this year. And after we had so much fun in June at Vallejo, acting like lost pirates who couldn't read a map to save our lives. LOL Well, I guess I'll just have to wait until next June when Vallejo rolls around again. And for sure we will have to hit Pirate Pizza again.

Have fun at the Harbor Days event. :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

pirates who couldn't read a map to save our lives

Oderlesseye GiGGles... :(

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

We haven't figured out what kind of trouble we're planning on getting ourselves into this year, but we do have some fun planned.

Last year we had a blast (literally) in the afternoon after Saturday's cannon battle. After the public went away we had some fun with our black powder implements and made some serious bangs 'n booms! Hopefully we'll have a chance to do that again this year.

We might bring a couple of boats with us and have a bit of fun in the water as well.

RHJMap.jpg

They won't let us put any boats in the water cause of some lake mussel thing. You have to take yer boats to the lake and put them in quarantine for a couple weeks before you can float em.... ;)

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

Christopher and I survived a clam attack of the coast of California....Actually a hundred miles inland, but none the less these blood thirsty clams were relentless.....Were lucky to be alive!!

clamattack.jpg

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

ROTDLMAO B)

No wonder the lake was quarantined!!!!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I twas once attacked by a clam, Nay a Dozen 'n four there must have been! Aye, th' great battle took place at th' Eternal Mermaid, a brothel just outside Tortuga it did. There I was, clams t' left o' me, clams t' right, clams befer me, 'n more t' me aft! But I licked every one o' them beasties befer I skewered all 'n left them t' whimper in their bed - Aye, Twas A Glorious Battle It Twas!!!!

:huh::huh::huh:

:huh:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Kenneth

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Noquarter2copy.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: Great picture!! :lol::lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, but he could never work up very much enthusiasm.....NOT!!!!!!LOL

I miss him too, and would love to meet him this year, if he shows up. Someone will have to point him out to me.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Yes - bring LOTS of water. Get some of those water cubes and keep them in a covered area. With regards to food, it depends on whether or not you plan on cooking. Don't bring anything that will spoil - the weather gurus predict 80 degrees in Ojai this weekend. TO7S' resident kitchen goddess keeps lots of fruit and veggies on hand; also hummus, pita, olives and other nibblies that can be eaten by hand.

And with regards to cell phone charging, you can either use your car or get a solar charger. I use a Solio - works great!

RHJMap.jpg