The Acheron

Poopdeck Pappy

The Bounty has been used in a few films and documentaries.

Tis my understanding she was used in the Spongebob Squarepants movie, that ship in the beginning is supposedly her! Or so the Bounty crew has told me. This was before she was sent south to become the Edinburugh Trader in which I was told in secret that she was "in the works of possibly being chosen" to be in DMC. aye, sure enough... she was! I was thrilled... but cried when the Kraken trashed the ET aka Bounty.

Curious to see what vessels out there be used for other films.

What about the Morning Star in Cutthroat Island. Wasn't she a real vessel from around the Caribbean vicinity?

Eitherway... I fancy that name Acheron espeically for a ship. Especially for a pirate or privateer's ship.

~Lady B

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

The Bounty has been used in a few films and documentaries.

Tis my understanding she was used in the Spongebob Squarepants movie, that ship in the beginning is supposedly her! Or so the Bounty crew has told me. This was before she was sent south to become the Edinburugh Trader in which I was told in secret that she was "in the works of possibly being chosen" to be in DMC. aye, sure enough... she was! I was thrilled... but cried when the Kraken trashed the ET aka Bounty.

Curious to see what vessels out there be used for other films.

What about the Morning Star in Cutthroat Island. Wasn't she a real vessel from around the Caribbean vicinity?

Eitherway... I fancy that name Acheron espeically for a ship. Especially for a pirate or privateer's ship.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

From what I understand the Morning Star was built for the film, but I have no idea where she is now.

sail_battles_longbeach05_031_405.jpg

BATTLESAIL

Three ships, belonging to Square Sail Shipyard have been used in a number of movies. I know they convert their ships to portray almost any time period and they are commonly stars and bit parts. From my recollection, they provided ships for Shackleton, Cutthroat Island, the Hornblower series, Count of Monte Cristo, and the Scarlet Pimpernel. I'm sure they've done more, but those are the ones I can remember (hopefully correctly) off the top of my head. Every once in a while I see them on documentaries and whatnot, since they have a shipyard in which to convert the appearance, and are willing to do this for all their boats.

Coastie :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

I should have done a google search before posting above. I found this website with the many credits to the Square Sail Shipyard. I didn't realize they had a hand in White Squall, although the boat used for that movie was the Eye of the Wind, and not one of the shipyard's own boats. Also, they were used for the miniseries Longitude.

Coastie :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg