2009 Port Washington Pirate Festival

Cheeky Actress

B)

At this rate, my Pirate's Choice 'll be gone and I'll need more bottles of it.

Damnable, if we have another tornado let alone storm... I suppose we desginate Pete's Room as the official Midwestern Hurricane Party location and HQ! ;):lol::lol:

Shall be lookin' forward to this fun event.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I should probably stay clear of this one. Tornadoes and I have met all too often, and I am convinced that they seek me out. I have survived no less than eleven twisters since 1963, NOT including as many "micro-bursts", Seven of those while driving! The worst was 1977 when a biggun took out half our town and the High school and middle school while we were in session. Wouldn't wanna jinx ya'll with my presense. Once at Ft. De Chartres as well. Not a pretty picture.

Bo

Bo... just pray ye don't meet up with Calypso/Tia Dalma there. If ye do... DON'T PISS HER OFF! Hence why we had this storm this year. She was there, then she wasn't and storm rolled in.

Either way, Bo... come. Guaranteed ye'll have a blast at the Midwestern Hurricane party. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be so bad if the lightning wasn't so bad. At least it would be great for an At World's End photo op with the wind and torent of rain!

Aye! Good idea, Bess.

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

• 9 months later...
Make sure you bring your Pirate's Choice Rum and Weather Radios!

No, have Pirate's Choice Rum bring the Pirate's Choice Rum. And call me when it gets there, dammit! :D

Not to be the little black rain cloud, but I spoke with Don from Pirate's Choice rum today and it is quite possible that they may not be there this year.

However, I do know where ye can get some if he is not there this year. PM me for details.

I know I be lookin' for a bottle of the Key Lime. Alas, can't purchase it yet until I get re-embursed (highly unlikely) from m' bastard of a "bro-in-law" :::Grumbles::: who decided t' take off that particular bottle and drink th' whole damn thing without m' permission durin' th' Flood last June. Aye, I was incredibly pissed as that bottle I had set aside t' be a gift for a fellow pirate. :::le sigh:::

Don there or not, a rep of Pirate's Choice would be nice... but if none be there, Tis understandable.. I suppose. I'm not gonna stress over it though. T'was nice that they made th' trip last year. Greatly enjoy the rum. Fabulous stuff. Despite the craziness at Pete Straw's Midwestern Hurricane Party last year.

I do have a bottle of Molassas Reef. Pondering about bringing it. Not sure yet. Will see though.

Lookin' forward t' seein' the lot of ye at Port Wash. Hopefully.

~Lady B

There are a couple of liquor stores in Port Washington - I'll make some phone calls and find out if they stock Pirates Choice. If not, I know of several places in Milwaukee that carry it - if folks are willing to reimburse me, I'm more than happy to pick up some bottles ahead of time and bring them to the festival.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

There are a couple of liquor stores in Port Washington - I'll make some phone calls and find out if they stock Pirates Choice. If not, I know of several places in Milwaukee that carry it - if folks are willing to reimburse me, I'm more than happy to pick up some bottles ahead of time and bring them to the festival.

Well, if it makes anyone's life simpler, just call the rusty anchor pub, it's in the best western, and ask for the bar manager, Michael. He is ordering some for me and will have it that weekend.

Coolies.

Those of ye here on the Pub, I've some ideas to add some atmostphere (safe and fun) to Fest.

Scenarios be the main thing... with we pirates and non-pirates interacting to add to the experience of the spectators who are attiending.

Anyone interested? I've a list of scenarios we can use. I'm checking with Barbayos and the River Valley Fife & Drum and some others who most likely 'll attend to see if they wish to d some scenarios. NONE of these Scenarios will interfer in ANY way with the main scenarios of the Festival.

~Lady B

I've met those folks - great people! They were so excited when they heard that Port Washington had a pirate festival, and worked their asses off trying to get some info from the festival director (note: Vines to Cellar is virtually right next door to the Pirate Festival office, and yet it still took them MONTHS to get a returned phone call or meet with a real person.)

Anyways, point is that they're eager to play with the pirates, and I'm sure would be thrilled to have lots of visitors during the festival weekend.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Does the Wilson House not exist any more?

Wondering if there will be Breakfast with the Pirates this year or not.

David Gregory emailed me and they are looking for pirates experienced with functional flintlocks (carbine, blunderbuss, pistol, musket, etc) to help out with the gun fight part of the Main Scenario on Saturday at Noon.

Will the Schooner Pub have bottles of PC Rum for sale?

~Lady B