Thought I would come here and say a big THANKEE to the crew at Pike River event. It was good ta meet ya'll that were there and fer lettin me come out an' play. haven't done that in quite awhile. The young'uns were truly a mark ta be proud of. Sorry Me 'buss failed the young man, fergot ta tell 'im about that teeny-tiny vent hole needin picked between shots. Finally got the sand outta everything, and hope all made it home safe and sound. Bloody Jack, Rats, Billie, the young men and the ladies were all very cordial and I will treasure that day ferever. What a beautiful day it were too. Slipped out kinda quiet-like, ain't much inta long g'byes an all. We''ll meet agin fer sure.

Captain Sterling, they were on top of the game at all times. They'd of made ye proud. Thanx folks.

Bo

They always do Bo. They always do. :blink:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I'd haul sail with you any day, Bo. Hope to see you again someday - maybe I'll have to head down to your local events!

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

May I beg your indulgence for a couple of photos of the beach area? I have taken quite a beating from the wife and kids for not takin the camera. They are very interested in taking a weekend vacation to this event next year and would like to see some better photos than I can find on the Kenosha site or google images. I would very much appreciate any assistance in this area. Much obliged...

Bo

A great time Bo! :unsure:

Thanks for helping us hold off the.... I mean join in with being slaughtered by the river pirates!! :unsure:

BTW: my sons loved the mocs! They won't take em off :unsure:

Thanks again

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Rats is totally digusting and crude. :unsure: (you owe me one bro :unsure: )

Next time I will come better prepared for battle. wasn't expecting to participate.

Nothing makes me happier than to put a smile on a kids face. Glad they fit. Also, Rosie has outgrown her shortgown, chemise and skirt. What size is your daughter? These may yet fit her. I f you have need of them let me know and we'll send them as well.

BoKids.jpg

This photo is about three years old now, but you can see what the outfit looks like and determine if it may fit.

Bo

Disgusting and crude.....?? Maybe to some.

But to be honest.. Capt'n Bo is a true gent of whom it is an honor to call friend and to take the field with.

Here's to you Capt'n Bo!

sig2.jpg

Well now honesty is it? The same be true of Rats and all those present. Made me feel as if I had always been there. Now I'll have no hope of pulling off the old crabby net Bo anymore. :rolleyes:

Bo

P.S. Let me know if you want the outfit for the young miss. If it doens't fit her, mebbe Sterling has some snottie in mind that may have use of it. Blondie and I are NOT havin any more to come along to be sure!!!

Thanks again Bo!

I'll be glad to use the outfit for Morgan. She'll love it!

If you need a check for shipping, I can make that happen also. Just say the word B)

take care my friend!

sig2.jpg

I will have it out to the post rider tomorrow. It is always good to know that these things get used and even better when I know where they go! See ya again bro.

Bo

P.S. I have the forge up and going again,(when it isn't 100+ and humidity to match) so if there are any items of camp stuff you may need, just inquire. I'm not skilled enough for blades as yest, but strikers and camp wear are not a problem. (tripods,forks,'S' hooks, that sort of thing.) I will be making some blunted boarding pikes for combat this fall when the weather cools as well. Mebbe your crew would like to test run them?

Bo

:lol:B):lol:;):lol:

That would be great! We could always use any and all items to make things better. I know Matty Bottles was hoping for a long hook to help pick ip the lids and such for dutch ovens....

Ever try grappling hooks????

Let us knw what you need and we'll send the proper sums.

Thanks again Bo!

sig2.jpg

I have made a few lid irons, I will make that the next item off the anvil. Simple and good practice for my arms. I have wanted to try grapples. This I may make if you don't mind a combination of period smithing and modern MIG welding. I will "cover" the modern elements of construction of course. Same will go for the Pikes. Havin my own Miller 250 makes things quicker too! These little spyders were my last prototype before my shoulders gave out;

coffepotspyder.jpg

I am planning on making several of these as well.

Her's some of the most common items from the shop.

forgework.jpg

Bo

You are incredible my friend!!

I just received the dress and the camp hook you sent and both are perfect!

I'll be taking a pic of Morgan for posting soon as our camera comes home... I simply can't say more than I am very thankful and if there is anything you need just say the word!

Thank you again my friend!! :unsure:

sig2.jpg

When next we meet, I will be more sociable. I made a long drive to my sisters home and worked all day and through the night Friday to be able to come on up to Kenosha. Bo was a weary lad by the time I got to your camp. I left early to avoid becoming rum-impaired. :unsure: Glad the outfit works and the lid iron is OK. I'll be sending one of those spyders as soon as I get more stock to work. Ran outta that stuff. see ya down the road.

Bo

P.S. Any photos of the camp and the beach you could put up would be appreciated. my wife and kids wanna see where we're going for a vacation next year.