New Jewelry Venture

Ransom

Okay, in an effort to make some shiny so I can pay for, and play more, at pirates, I'm timidly putting my toe in the waters of trying to sell some of my custom-made jewelry. Thought I would run my wares by you guys first. :unsure:

A brief description of what I do:

I take bits and pieces of old, sometimes vintage, costume jewelry, old or vintage beads, and anything else I can find that looks interesting, and combine them with beads and findings I get locally. With the vintage bits, I clean them up, but I will still use them even if they are a bit tarnished or the surface is worn (though not trashed), because I like the patina of age it gives the piece. Each piece is unique, because I never know what sort of bits and bobs I'll find to use.

So, here goes.

The center piece of this necklace is a portion of a vintage earring. The danglies are a mix of beads, and fine chain. The clasp is new, but looks vintage. The beaded string is of black and gold beads, pearls, and black triangular beads with an "eye" design. Gold main chain length is 18". Price is $40.00

100_2578.jpg

This next necklace is made of two vintage earrings, and a matching pendant. There are also vintage green beads and vintage brass bead caps. The overall colors are coral, gold, and green. This necklace looks really awesome when worn, and the few times I have road-tested it ( I do that with all the pieces, to make sure everything is secure), I have always received compliments on it. Length is 22". Price is $60.00.

100_2586.jpg

And last are what I call swivel bracelets. They are made from fishing tackle swivels, and are really great, because each section rotates, so you never have to worry which way the bracelet is on your wrist to make the charms lay correctly. The charms are anything from vintage earrings, beads, keys, pearls, buttons, etc. The top bracelet is 7 1/2", black swivels, with silver charms, and mixed beads/charms. The bottom bracelet is 8", brass swivels, gold charms, and mixed beads/charms. The brass ages to a really nice patina that makes it look vintage. Swivel bracelets are easy to adjust to a smaller wrist, you just hook the clasp into the next swivel, and let the longer end dangle like one of the charms. The bracelets are $20.00 each.

100_2591-1.jpg

If you have any questions about any of the pieces, PM me. I can send more close-up photos if you would like.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Very nice work! Love them!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Aye, tis mighty nice, lass!

Loves th' black necklace.

Great pirate booty! :lol:

~Lady B

:angry:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

From another jewelry maker - VERY nice work! I love taking old things and making them new again. And it's amazing the things you can pick up at estate sales or even garage sales to use for new jewelry fodder!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

I'm thrilled by all your compliments....I'd be even more thrilled of you'd all buy something! :ph34r::lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Aye, there's the rub - getting people to buy your wares! <_< The last show I did, a small RenFaire in Lawton, OK, showed me how this economic environment is going to effect small businesses like ours, Ransom. Folks paid to get there (gas), paid admission, paid for food, and then bought their kids souvenirs. The big people didn't buy as much as they normally have in the past. I only sold two flintlocks, three pieces of jewelry over $30, but lots and lots of pirate toys. I made over $150 in sales of flintlock water pistols! Welcome to the jungle, amiga! <_<

Blackbead

<_< Oh, I know the shiny isn't going to be falling into my lap. Was just joking...sorta.

And yeah, I realize now is not the best time to try and start a side business. It must have been frustrating for you, trying to sell your wares to people so cash-impaired. But, at least you did have the flintlock water pistols...what a kewl toy! I'd have probably bought one! LOL

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I must admit I do admire the lovely Miss. Ransom and her work. As a matter of fact, I have requetsed Miss. Ransom to make a bracelet specifically for the "humble pyrate Blackfoot" and I have given her free reign on the style. All I requested from the lovely Miss Ransom is keep it free from the "lady-like design" and to give it a bit o' swagger!

signature4.jpg]

Ransom,

It ebbs and flows like the tides (and with the shows.) For every Lawton, there is a PyrateCon, for every show where there are a plethora of people that stop and say, "Oh, that's beautiful! I'm not buying it, but it's beautiful!", there is a show where there are a bevy of buyers who stop and say, "I'll have THAT!"

Keep at it and the sales will come, I promise you! Your merchandise is too bold not to command some sales!

Blackbead

I love the necklaces too.. you are hitting the designs right, but alas we ARE just poor pirates (bows to the grand Ransom)

I would hit some of the ren sites too, since they aren't exclusive to pirate themes.

good luck, ya fine lass!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

:lol: The "Grand Ransom?" Oh no, that's way off the mark! Nothing grand about this pirate, just doing my thing, and playing with me bits and pieces. But, even us pirates got a make a wee bit o' the shiny once and a while. ;) Otherwise, the crew gets a bit crabby, doncha know. LOL

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

lass.. you know all us female piratey types have A.D.D.O.S.

ATTENTION DEFICIET DISCORDER.. OOOO SPARKLIES.

And yours caught my attention with your jewelry.. and then I thought you had written " with me bits and boobs"... :unsure:

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Me eyes have been stricken! Stricken with a beauty no other beauty could stand beside. (Besides a beautiful lass). I have been brought a most precious gift from the lovely Miss. Ransom.

Tis' a beautiful Piratey bracelet made for your most humble and disobediant pirate Blackfoot. In addition, tis' an honor to be Miss. Ransom's first pirate caller!

Thank ye Miss. Ransom. Tis' a true and beautiful work of art made from a gentlewoman of fortune to a gentleman of fortune. Thank ye kindly dear.

signature4.jpg]

Thank you, Blackfoot, for such lovely words. I am glad you were pleased with my work. That's what any kind of artist strives for — appreciation....and a happy customer! :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've done a few new pieces. These were posted on the Tavern, but I thought I'd post them here as well.

Any questions, please, feel free to PM me. :lol:

Necklace of glass leaves, and beads.

100_2724.jpg

Double-strand necklace. Center medallion is a vintage piece made to look like a carved ivory rose.

100_2723.jpg

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 1 month later...
lass.. you know all us female piratey types have A.D.D.O.S.

ATTENTION DEFICIET DISCORDER.. OOOO SPARKLIES.

And yours caught my attention with your jewelry.. and then I thought you had written " with me bits and boobs"... :unsure:

LOL me too!

annebonny2tz2.jpg

"Life's pretty good. And why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all."

:unsure: That settles it, I'm going to have to go back and edit that post! LOL

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 3 months later...

Bump....

It's been awhile, so this is just a gentle reminder that I'm still making things. :rolleyes:

Necklace of vintage buttons, charms, vintage chain, and pearls.

100_3035.jpg

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

By the looks of them, you just didn't dip your toe in - I believe will be up to your hips soon! VERY nice work!

Missed that last plank walkin'? Well, don't worry mate, get one of these here hidden clocks. Pin it on, flip it down and be right on time to see that scurvy dog go down!

Pillagers%20badge1.JPGwww.ClipClocks.com Many themes to choose from!

• 1 month later...

Thanks, time Keeper!

I'm still at it. Here are two new pieces. :( Oh, and sorry for the photos. Some of the pieces look more off center than I thought they were! They aren't made that way...it's just the photographer. :lol:

Necklace and earring set. Main medallion was part of a broken earring.

100_3175.jpg

100_3174.jpg

And a necklace. Also, the Eiffle (?) Tower piece was from an old vintage earring.

100_3170.jpg

100_3171.jpg

RAKEHELL-1.jpg