Is this the place?

Ah, my dear Captain Sterling. Your witty comebacks have made this more of an entertainment for me to come back with anticipation on some very fine reading and less than a recruiting venture. I could see that in your true identity that your character is a pirate hunter? Very charming.

As far as the "voice" in my head? Not my own (or so I think) but, I think it could be the voice from higher powers. I usually can tell the difference. Evil...my own thoughts. Good thoughts....not mine.

Miss Lady Barbossa, your message has hit me very clearly and I thank you. Why here? In a public domain? Not scared of really anything that physically exists here on earth. Again, I found this site and really thought having a few Americans would be a great public and political message to my people. Wanna-be-hero? More of a true countryman and I am loved by all who have met or known me.

Captain Sterling, you seemed well versed in your history. Didn't pirates "of the golden age" have the grand allure of a modern day "American Rock and Roll" true icon hero pesona?

Thank ye, charming indeed.

Grand allure of a rock and roll persona... all depends on which side of the fence ye find yerself ... unless ye perfer to straddle it.

Been to Canada lately to visit the old folks?

So in yer "business ventures" Robin Hood, which voices do you listen to?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

The resounding "Oooooooooo" is heard from all here!!!

;):lol::lol:

Rock star? What th' devil be that?

:unsure:

At th' risk of attempting to sneak us out of the US unnoticed by Homeland Security and untraceable practically, the escape off to the shores of a dangerous land with delusions of grandiuer in our heads in hopes that we won't be shot and killed or captured/arrested and taken to Guantanemo Bay... Have ye any brilliant ideas HOW t' make this a reality, good sir?

Unless ye know how t' deal with those satelites up above th' earth and scramble the GPS systems... unless I be guaranteed that I shan't be findin' m'self swingin' from th' gallows or a bullet through m' heart... then this Lady won't be makin' such a venture yet. Unless if be more possible t' just disappear off th' face of th' earth.

B'sides, ummm, ye might not be wantin' this Lady's mug followin' ye... or maybe so. Course, my goodness, what would those of the region state for a woman who is not Harem and out and about, mixing with the men, who is not in accordance to Allah? Hmmm? What more then would happen to ye, dear Abdikarim? Reputation lost, to be sure.

But then again, I be th' type o' woman who hath no care for a religious "law" be they Hindu, Christian, Catholic, Muslim, etc. Know them an' honor them, but I won't abide by them t' rule this Lady's life.

Now, would ye be willin' to allow a woman with such vinegar in her veins to roam free upon thy vessels at the cost of the Warlords havin' yo'r hide?

What, pray tell, would be yo'r gain in such?

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ah... rape comes to mind...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

no kidding?? snigger...

Crewe of the Archangel

Ahoy thar Lad!

I be havin a crew of 30 stout men that we be willin to be a joinin yer salvage operation. Now, ye not be askin too many questions about my lads and we be not askin non-operational questions about yer self. Now, of course, we be mannin the ship. You can have a couple lads on board, but I captain the ship and me crew be the crew.

Lad, let’s get this straight from the git go, me lads don’t go in for running salvage from a yacht.

We be lookin to you to be providin and armin a proper salvage vessel. But, I be telling ye upfront if all ye can deliver is that Podunk backwoods armament the deal be off. Heck any abandoned container ship can be ignorin a craft low in the water with mere Ak’s and them thar RPG’s can’t be fer show lad. That whole operation could well be blown out of the water by just one determined patrol craft moutnin a 3 inch gun! We don’t work on margin; we tend to be more of a sure thing crew.

We be perferin an air cushion catamaran along the lines of the Thornycroft “Atlantica”. She should be armed with two (2) Mk 19 40mm grenade launchers, (2) .50 cal machineguns, supplied with Sa-7’s, one silk worm mount, 1 each chaff dispenser, 1 each flare dispensers, Mk 15 Phalanx CIWS, and a supply of three (3) Zodiacs with an M-60 MMG for each boat, however, RPK’s are acceptable. It will need a full electronics suite of GPS, Radar, Sonar, SAT downloads, and Jammer, and none of that old Soviet crap, it be US, European, or Chinese.

Me lads will be providing all their own personal weapons as it were, so thar ye be, a cost savings up front.

Look lad, this kind of lawful salvage operations demands a support network on shore. We be needin to know routes of travel of abandoned vessels, likely locations of individuals that need rescuing, and of course get advance warining when people might come about to protest our lawful operations. Ye don’t be wantin an Internet connection in the middle of a salvage operation, as that will draw these protestors down on ye right quick. So, thar be a needed support network with some directional broadcastin needed. Can ye deliver on those items?

Lastly, we need to be discussin some articles lad. We just don’t go on account unless we have signed the articles. While me lads and I do have our own set drawn up, we be expecting a standard of conduct of those we be workin with. It be duly necessary for interoperability doncha know.

Now, assuming we can get outfitted, we can now cut to the chase. What about all the salvaged property and saved people? Well, we know ye need to recoup costs. Then again running a salvage operation can get a might dangerous fer me lads as it were. On that thar other hand, we be needin a fence…er..middleman to be a helpin in disposin of the booty…salavage. We be lookin to ye for that. So, all things considered we be willin a 60% fer us and 40% fer you split. To be renegotiated at the end of the first full year. That be the core of the pact, thar still be many a detail over transportation, livin expenses, grog rations, and the like that remain to be worked out.

So, be ye interested in me and me crew?

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

i had somalia once....bad canned peaches

:ph34r::lol::ph34r: ROTDALMAO ***Sprays tea into my keyboard!***

Come on, ya had ta know this was one of our own playing games. Like a real pirate/mercinary would post an advert here...the equivalent of jumping up and down, yelling, "Here Mister CIA man, here I am. Come and get me...neener, neener."

I wonder if he's related to that British pirate hunter who showed up a year or so ago, and was roundly word-thrashed and sent packing? Wish I could remember his name, but he was loads of fun...for a while. Or, maybe he's related to Inigo Montoya? Yeah, that's probably it. LOL

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

:lol::ph34r::ph34r:

ROTDLMAO!!!

Well, said, Ransom!!!

:ph34r::o:ph34r:

Neener neeer... ;)

So, Master Abdikarim... pray tell, then NOW ye managed t' escape from th' Warlords and the men who self proclaim themselves as the "police" of the vicinity?

And pray tell, sir, who be yo'r benifactor in connecting to the World Wide Web.

Hmmm... I assure ye, mates, the name is real enough.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/News/0...1880859,00.html

The issue is, who be this impersonator portraying a man already captured. Now a man who goes by another name... that be a devilish ploy there I be more than willing to raise anchor and set sail with one who uses another to leave himself untraceable.

Now, be this vessel ye spoke of... that fine French vessel that was commandeers but a few months back? If so, I'll be eager t' accomodate in releasing that said asset from thy hands. That is... until I gain th' vessels I so truly desire.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

That would be Blackfoot and as I recall he wasn't soundly thrashed... he truly held his own and did so wonderfully well....

Crewe of the Archangel

*THUMP!*

Ah, so it appear me next question be answered clear....'er be it clear as mud?!

What I want t' know is t' this Captain's first statement made upon enter'n:

Why is it that an entire crew be sit'n in jail, but th' capt'n is naught??

OR, after read'n th' article post'd above, then ponder'n over them first statements from this stranger....I wonder....WHO be th' man sit'n in jail what th' authorities be call'n Abdikarim Dahir Mohamed? ....th' ship's bosun perhaps, gunner, first mate??

There be somthin' to this story what naught sit right with me, naught sit right at'll! 'er be it that article what be at flaw?!!

AND WHERE BE OUR DRINKS?!? I WANT RUM!!!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

That would be Blackfoot and as I recall he wasn't soundly thrashed... he truly held his own and did so wonderfully well....

I meant that in a most friendly way. And yes, he thrashed back rather nicely. But I didn't want to give away his secret identity, in case he decided to visit the Pub again someday. :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

He is a bloody fine debater and sorely missed. But then again, it might not be him... there are several folks here who could easily fit this to a t..

Crewe of the Archangel

has anyone bothered to google the name? mighty interesting read. Warranted looking elsewhere for some info. This mystery person has either done their homework and does not mind playing with fire or does not know much about his namesake. All I can say is, either way, they are braver than I!!!!

Either way, it has been fun...and if it truly be the real McCoy... hats off to him... he has a lot of... well ye know... :lol::lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

Well it certainly Naught be Rum for me cup still be dry! :lol:

I sail with NO MAN what naught drink with me first!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

:lol::lol::lol:

::: with a wicked smirk; looks at the portrayer:::

Ye've been discovered, mate. I said nothing. They know ye all to well.

Oh, perhaps he'll return as Horatio Hornblower and his wily bunch of gents. ;)

~Lady B

Ha Ha! Greetins' me fellow Pyrates! I am supposin' ye can't trick the trickerys eh? I must apologize fer my "low-profile" character. Just attemptin' to stir the pot a bit....again. I was hopin' to keep this one going fer quite some time. But, the beautiful Miss Rumba Rue whispered into yer ears that I might just be a local. My biggest concern is that the Grand Captain Sterling would quiz me on Somalian language where I would have been stumped. His original quote with the arabic writing made me sweat a bit! :lol:

Mohamed, odd again, how you quote Jesus Christ, and not the Koran...especially since you truly have your interpretation completely arse backwards. And perchance you should be saying الله أكبر

As fer as my leave of absence? I have been around drudging in the shadows and trolling off of the coast. The wee lass hasn't slowed me a bit and just turned one natal tide last month.

The Blue Mermaid is also doing fine. She wants to give ye all greetings and promises to visit the pub now and then.

So, I have missed ye all very dearly. I see many familiar names have faded from the pub but I also see a few names dear to me heart poppin' up.

Capt. Sterling Posted on Jul 29 2008, 01:56 PM

Aye Captain Sterling. A true Gentleman Sire. Defending a man who has been missing for quite some time.

MadL Posted on Jul 29 2008, 08:34 PM

Well it certainly Naught be Rum for me cup still be dry! 

I sail with NO MAN what naught drink with me first!

Greetings Mr. MadL. I be yer humble pyrate Captain Blackfoot. Apologies to you sire. Here be my coin purse. A round fer the pub and a bottle fer Mr. Mad L there. By the way, you wouldn't be related to a dear old friend of mine who once frequented this establihment known as "Mad Matt" would ye? Probably not.

Ransom Posted on Jul 29 2008, 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Capt. Sterling @ Jul 29 2008, 01:56 PM)

I meant that in a most friendly way. And yes, he thrashed back rather nicely. But I didn't want to give away his secret identity, in case he decided to visit the Pub again someday

Ah, the beautiful and talented Miss. Ransom. No offense taken here m' lady. If ye remember, I am the one who had killed the infamous Pyrate Hunter Colonel Walker.

bbcddutchman Posted on Jul 29 2008, 05:41 PM

has anyone bothered to google the name? mighty interesting read. Warranted looking elsewhere for some info. This mystery person has either done their homework and does not mind playing with fire or does not know much about his namesake. All I can say is, either way, they are braver than I!!!! 

Yes Sire Mr. Bbcddutchman. Now that name is sure a mouthful of letters! Tis' like chowing down on a big bowl of alphabet soup! Anyhow, I had to do a bit of research before I started with this Mr. Mohamed. In all reality, I have no respect fer these people and despise the authorites for even calling them "pirates." The reality is they are street thugs borrowing a wee size motor boat. I get no intimidation from these people. I would be right along side Captain Sterling on a good morning "sporting venture" target practice.

LadyBarbossa Posted on Jul 29 2008, 08:48 PM

::: with a wicked smirk; looks at the portrayer:::

Ye've been discovered, mate. I said nothing. They know ye all to well.

Oh, perhaps he'll return as Horatio Hornblower and his wily bunch of gents. 

~Lady B

Ah, my lovely little Lady B. Fond memories of this Lass. My Pub Beach Party memories makes me heart go thumpedy thump! Horatio Hornblower? Hmm? Now this is an idea?

Anyway, I am back to all! So good to see the "old school" names of Captain Sterling, Lady B, Miss Rumba Rue, Merrydeath, Miss Silkie Smooth, and Miss Ransom on these posts. I am glad to be back! :lol:

signature4.jpg]

Welcome back to the pub, tis about bloody time ye popped back in here. <_<<_<:lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

<_<

:::Pats MA d'Dogge on the back::: 'ere now... perhaps a tankard o' rum 'll help with that.

::: Offers rum to Dogge::::

BLACKFOOT!!!

Again, welcome back, mate!

Aye ye have been sorely missed. Both of ye. Ya know... when that wee lass grow older, she'll be a visitin' the ranks here eventually too. Or maybe not.

But welcome back and I says we have a GRAND piratical party now in yo'r honor! Another Pub Beach Party perhaps?

Hahaha :lol: Thumpity thump, hmm? Yo'r a Gentleman Scoundrel. And aye, I dare say a gent in uniform... does make this Lady swoon. Now, Hornblower, eh, pity fo' him I suppose. Now Kennedy... mmmmm, th' man be mighty dashing and handsome AND he's blue eyes! M' greatest weakness.

:lol: Either way, mate.... a heart welcome back to ye... again. And we shall welcome ye back to port as many times as ye sail off t' sea, mate!

~Lady B

<_<

Woo hooo...Blackfoot's back!

Nae, Hornblower be too much of a goodie-two-shoes for the likes of us. Maybe someone more like Flashman, but I believe he's a bit too late for the GOAP.

In any case, I'm with Lady B...we need a party! <_<

RAKEHELL-1.jpg