Is this the place?

Greetings to all, my name is Abdikarim. However, my friends call me "Dik" (pronounced "Deek"). I am what you call a "true businessman" who unfortunately resides in a poverty stricken area in a small town called Merka a couple hundred kilometers from Somalia.

I try to assist my townspeople financially in anyway I can. So, I guess I have been named the modern day "Robin Hood" of my land.

I currently own several yachts. My newest addition is a 140' foot yacht called the "Dubbe" and I am in need of some crew members to man the Dubbe and assist me with my business dealings.

Unfortunately, some of my original crew had very poor business skills and were arrested for some unwantings and misunderstandings back in late 2006.

Well, here I am now with a beautiful Yacht and cash to boot my business ventures. Not am I only recruiting from my area, but I thought it would be good business to have American men be part of my crew. Men looking for "high-seas" adventure and advancement.

Through our business ventures, you would make a high amount of money and you would be supplied prime grade-A weapondry to protect yourself from any non-complying participants.

I certainly hope this is the right calling place for me to announce this grand and exciting news. This is a "Pirate's web page" yes?

Again, I am not a "Pirate Leader" as the media puts it nor am I a terrorist. I just happen to be a good businessman owning a merchant marine service. I am American educated and I will certainly treat my American friends with great honor and respect. Thank you for your assistance.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tis an interestin' want ad ye be writin' here, sir.

But I dare say... tis not th' type of piracy we be doin' let alone dealin' with.

A bold Lady I be indeed, but I stand here t' state our weapons be with flintlocks an' swords, with cannons on a wooden tall ship of old, wearin' attire not of this era but of an era far gone of 300 years previous.

Again, tis an intreguin' offer ye peddle here.

Where, pray tell, would ye sail upon yo'r ventures? What waters would ye set course through?

And would yo'r heart and soul be truly with th' Brethren... an' no other?

:::a hard gaze:::

We be pirates of the Golden Age... not th' Modern Age.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ah Dik me lad, young LadyBarbossa might be feel'n a bit th' Golden Age these days but some o' us here still be feel'n fit 'n spry...well, after our morn cup o' java, sometimes, perhaps a drop 'er two o' Nelsons' blood t' week'n th' blow.

Now about these grade-A weapons ye be announcin' about; I could sure use a new dog-lock sidearm, mine be gett'n a bit rusty as it were, 'n a nice shiny new cutlass would fill me scabbard right nice.

But these 'yachts' ye speak of; what form o' sloop is that I must ask? How many sail do ye fly? How many cannon can one o' these 'yachts' carry 'n still keep her deck above water?

oh, and be they rat free??? :unsure:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Aye William, 'n he did naught e'en buy us a round before take'n he's leave...some pirates just can naught be trusted!

:unsure:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

::::Glances over at MadL & Will with a solid quarky glare:::

I be leary when someone claims they not be a pirate and more in "good business" an' yet comes here. Far too Beckett-like t' me.

No offense t' ye, dear Abdikarim. But th' key is t' stay AWAY from th' Navy. An' the Navy t' m' understandin' be mighty strong in that vicinity. I've no desire t' end up like Blackbead, Rackham o' Kidd, God rest their devilish souls.

Again, I'll b' stickin' with galleons with cannons, flintlocks an' swords, an' a certain flair fo' certain attire of an age past.

Lest.. ye plan t' "donate" this fine vessel into our hands, m'dear

Abdikarim. I'm sure there be a good number o' pirates here eager t' commandeer such a vessel of fine propriety as their own property t' bring about in their possession th' amount o' desired.... items of old as stated and requested.

My guess though, that this vessel ye wish... manned... be NOT wooden?

~Lady B

Hmmm perhaps the chance to play a real pyrate hunter? :angry: :lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Strange to receive these responses. I was expecting several men to gladly sign up as a living breathing sea faring crew member of the most elite crew in the world!

My humble apologies folks. I should have read more into this page before I made my initial announcement. I should have known that this was a page for reenactors and not men seeking the true life of a Pirate. Or in my words, an honest sailing businessman.

Now that I am here, I feel I should answer any "need-to-know" questions that has arisen in the prior posts.

Lady Barbossa, thank you for your insight and education. My ventures take me where my vessel floats. However, I do stay within a few hundred miles off of the coast of Somalia and have ventured near the horn.

As far as the "Pirates of the Golden Age?" Yes, I have modeled myself through many characteristics of well known dearly departed "Brethern of the coast."

Mad L: Weapons? The cannon you speak of is known as the "RPG." The cutlass you refer to is a Machete, and the Flintlock is a deadly accurate AK-47. The difference between the RPG and the cannon? The RPG you can hold over your shoulder and aim at a small target. Granted, we have never shot a vessel with it...just put a scare into them so they stop and surrender.

The Flag I sail is the flag that matches the vessel I quietly approach.

Rumba, Spam? I certainly hope my message did not implore spam...

Captain Sterling. Is there such a thing? Pirate Hunters? I do have issues with these heavily armed John Wayne Security Forces that shoot first before they even realize what they are shooting at.

My last Comment back to Lady Barbossa. Devilish souls? No, I think not. This is the work of God. I am here on this Earth as a ministry to humble the rich man and take care of God's chosen. Remember, a rich man entering the gates of Heaven is like the Camel going trough the eye of a needle. I am just here to broaden the path of Heaven to the rich man.

Don't you think it is sickening that a man can spend $60,000,000.00 on a "pleasurable" Yacht ride to Africa? In the long run, the rich man will thank me for "showing him the light." Praise be to Highest!

As far as the "Pirates of the Golden Age?" Yes, I have modeled myself through many characteristics of well known dearly departed "Brethern of the coast."

Captain Sterling. Is there such a thing? Pirate Hunters? I do have issues with these heavily armed John Wayne Security Forces that shoot first before they even realize what they are shooting at.

You make such a claim and yet you question whether such a thing as pirate hunters existed? I think before you continue with such professions as to being an "honest" businessman that you go back and read your history books a bit more.

As to John Wayne, he was an actor, what would he know? or anyone that bases real life practices on his past performances? Besides what would be wrong in firing upon an honest businessman such as yerself... my apologies, I mean pirate? I find that to be good sport, rather odd how you have issues with such.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Remember, a rich man entering the gates of Heaven is like the Camel going trough the eye of a needle. I am just here to broaden the path of Heaven to the rich man.

Don't you think it is sickening that a man can spend $60,000,000.00 on a "pleasurable" Yacht ride to Africa? In the long run, the rich man will thank me for "showing him the light." Praise be to Highest!

Mohamed, odd again, how you quote Jesus Christ, and not the Koran...especially since you truly have your interpretation completely arse backwards. And perchance you should be saying الله أكبر

Like any real pirate would advertise here? :unsure::lol::lol::lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

ROTDLMBAOWT :unsure::lol::lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

Capt. Sterling Posted on Jul 29 2008, 01:28 PM

You make such a claim and yet you question whether such a thing as pirate hunters existed? I think before you continue with such professions as to being an "honest" businessman that you go back and read your history books a bit more.

As to John Wayne, he was an actor, what would he know? or anyone that bases real life practices on his past performances? Besides what would be wrong in firing upon an honest businessman such as yerself... my apologies, I mean pirate? I find that to be good sport, rather odd how you have issues with such. 

Ah my dear Captain Sterling, thank you for your insight. Interesting indeed. Yes, I do know about the pirate hunters back in the day. Currently? No such thing. Just kids playing with guns riding in their little rubber boats.

Mohamed, odd again, how you quote Jesus Christ, and not the Koran...especially since you truly have your interpretation completely arse backwards. And perchance you should be saying الله أكبر

Like any real pirate would advertise here? 

:unsure: I do find it humorous if a person has a name "Mohammed" or "Barack" they are immediately labeled a Muslim by the general population. Yes Captain Sterling, the Muslim population is very heavy here in Somalia, but I do not hold those values. I just heed upon the voice in my head. I think this is why I am still alive to this day.

As far as advertising? Yes, I do agree with you. Not too familiar with American based websites, I should have read more in-depth. Really, I was hoping to have a few American Men assist me in my ventures. I thought it would have been good publicity for me. Don't you think?

Muslim population is very heavy here in Somalia, but I do not hold those values. I just heed upon the voice in my head.

Ah so ye are a god unto yerself then? And then actually have no scriptual basis to stand on to support what ye claim that ye do.

Crewe of the Archangel

I think this is why I am still alive to this day.

Ah will miracles never cease?

Crewe of the Archangel

:lol:

M'dear Abdikarim, tis a loosin' battle with Sterling here. Mighty fine Pirate Hunter with his mighty fine crew. Tricks of the trade in stayin' alive around Captain Sterling. But I shan't be givin' 'em out. :lol:

I dare say, religion has no basis here for me. Living in a community damn near washed away with all sorts o' religions.

Now, this venture of yo'rs... if ye say who ye say ye are... why advertise here? Why risk yo'rself greatly in being tracked down, hunted down.

As to Pirate Hunters... look at the global Naval powers in those waters. I consider those Pirate Hunters enough.

Sickening that men and women hold that much money and wealth? Nay. I've seen them rise to the wealth and then see them fall. It's the wise ones like Trump whom I don't fear especially when he's bitching about oil prices, ye know he's on yo'r side.

I don't seek to remove their wealth from them for the sake of bein' their savior into Heaven. Ye know damn well that there be one way t' get t' heaven and that's not by bein' righteous.

Let th' damned Beckett wanna-be's do as they will. The issue is... yo'r ventures, be they for YO'R profit? I know ye state that ye do so t' be a Robin Hood to yo'r people. That sounds less like a pirate and more like some... wanna-be hero.

Dear Abdikarim, Hang onto those vessels and items. Wait for Judgement Day when the Tribulation starts. Then, we shall see what happens. Ye still be upon this earth as I, THEN we shall hook up cause Lord knows I wish t' give the Anti-Christ Hell in those 7 years of Hell on earth.

But, here... ye have struck m' curiosity as to WHY ye decided t' advertise upon this here PUBLIC Pub for all th' world t' see, and learn of who ye be, where ye are, etc? Does that not sound rather stupid a risk?

And with we pirates, what share do we gain? Remember we be pirates... we abide by as what makes us what treasures we desire.

Do ye understand the rights in crew with SHARES?

Be this yo'r answer to a 2nd Golden Age o' Piracy, Master Abdikarim? Hmm?

Ye've taken an incredible risk comin' here and state such.

~Lady B

M'dear Abdikarim, tis a loosin' battle with Sterling here. Mighty fine Pirate Hunter with his mighty fine crew. Tricks of the trade in stayin' alive around Captain Sterling. But I shan't be givin' 'em out. :lol:

No need Lady B, if he is who he makes claim to being, he should already know them... but then God is on my side... :lol: so much for the lesser gods of this world who talk to themselves in their own heads....

Crewe of the Archangel

Ah, my dear Captain Sterling. Your witty comebacks have made this more of an entertainment for me to come back with anticipation on some very fine reading and less than a recruiting venture. I could see that in your true identity that your character is a pirate hunter? Very charming.

As far as the "voice" in my head? Not my own (or so I think) but, I think it could be the voice from higher powers. I usually can tell the difference. Evil...my own thoughts. Good thoughts....not mine.

Miss Lady Barbossa, your message has hit me very clearly and I thank you. Why here? In a public domain? Not scared of really anything that physically exists here on earth. Again, I found this site and really thought having a few Americans would be a great public and political message to my people. Wanna-be-hero? More of a true countryman and I am loved by all who have met or known me.

Captain Sterling, you seemed well versed in your history. Didn't pirates "of the golden age" have the grand allure of a modern day "American Rock and Roll" true icon hero pesona?