Port Royal Report

hurricane

Port Royal has been the benefactor of some great sprucing up, namely, all the streets are now signed with their names and the 16 historical points of interest are graced with interpretive signs.

More soon. Just returned. The coolest thing was my mate, Diosa, managed a trip to Rackham Cay where she stood in the same place as Calico Jack as he swung in the wind. We have video of his view at death. She also went to Gun Cay and found remnants of the small fort that was there in about three feet of water. Very fun trip as always!!!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Ah Dogge, you may want to think twice... while Hurricane is the Capt by title, when it comes down to it, I am the one who is in charge of making sure the crewe is doing what I... i mean the captain... think they should be doing.... and your armor will only help you so much....

:lol:

On a 'so you want to go to Port Royal' note.... I am going to put together a bigger trip for our crewe next year to Jamaica... A lot will be focused on Port Royal, but also beyond... we want to go to Spanish Town and see some of the old documents.... head over to Noel Cowards Place (which was Morgan's years ago....) and some other stops around the island.

As I get more together about it, I will make sure the crewe of the Archangel is kept in the loop, as I know you all enjoy a good historical jaunt as much as the next pirate....

Might I advise saving your pennies now... My estimation is that it will be about a 7 day trip....and likely around $1200... but that would include airfare, hotels, some meals, a driver for 3-4 days to take us all over the place, trips out to rackams cay, gun cay, lime cay, possibly a wreck site (which they say is at snorkel depth), the fort, some nature things (like the falls and caves), a street party, etc etc.... I was already talking to people down there about it on this trip..

Many members of our crewe have not made it yet to Jamaica and want a 'do it all' trip. It will likely be next July. I am already working on it, believe me...to get approval for seeing things like the books in the library can take almost a year.... island time ya know..... But I'll keep you up to date...

Diosa

Crewe's Director

Pyrates of the Coast

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Here's Diosa in her moment of glory, standing on Rackham's Cay. She is about to get trashed as waves from four different directions converge on her. We'll have photos soon of some other neat stuff, including Gun Cay, which still has remnants of a small fortification in the water there (the fort used the cay for target practice).

Port Royal (far left), The Blue Mountains and the Palisadoes are in the background.

pr-rackams.jpg

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Looking forward to more pictures, and details of your wonderful trip.

The adventure back to PR next year sounds really interesting. Keep posting updates and deadlines. I'm sure there would be other people wanting to go. :unsure:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Indeed. We're talking about a tour that will encompass the town itself, the fort, Spanish Town, Gun Cay, Lime Cay and Rackham's Cay, and then head over to the other side of the island to visit Morgan's outlook, Llanrumney (where Noel Coward is buried as well), Flamstad, and then Dunriver Falls and the caves.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Ah Dogge, you may want to think twice... while Hurricane is the Capt by title, when it comes down to it, I am the one who is in charge of making sure the crewe is doing what I... i mean the captain... think they should be doing.... and your armor will only help you so much....

;)

i meant shoot the ARCHANGELS navigator....damn man has got most of us crewe land-locked.....

ifn you folks were serious 'bout learnin/practicin some of the fights and sword bits....a trip to port royal may just have me leenin your way ...

;)

maybe i could be "loaned" to yer crewe for a tyme...at least for the cool trips anyways.....wonder what Cap'n Sterling would say on the matter??

:unsure:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Diosa's bite is far worse than her bark.

If we're able to put the package together we'll be offering it to anyone who wants to go, regardless of articles that have been signed.

Of course, Dogge, you're always welcome to come play with us! Diosa has no one here who can rough her up enough. Guess we're all pansies (or afraid for our lives).

She was a happy girl in PR, however. We confirmed that the Old Gaol was indeed a woman's jail, the one that Mary Read almost assuredly died in (thanks to local lore, The Jamaica Gleaner and some basic detective work).

By the way, I picked up a great book in Port Royal on the Buccaneers...

http://www.amazon.com/Search-Buccaneers-An...l/dp/0333976525

It's written by Anthony Gambrill from the island. Good stuff... even includes the Puritan Buccaneers and those from Cuba. Lots of good maps of the key battles.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny