A new *Captian Blood*....

Iron Bess

Warner Bros has a remake of *Captain Blood* in the Pipeline.

God Bless us one and all. ;)

Let the games begin as to the casting..... ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

c024.gif

::IDEA::

I Know!!! They can use that fellow what played a pirate in that pirate movie....'uh, Jack somethin!! Like he already has a big hat, boots, coat, 'n everything!!

:blink:

prepares t' duck all th' fly'n rum bottles...

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Phillip Noyce looks to be hitting the water for the first time since his 1989 breakthrough "Dead Calm."

The director, who recently vacated Columbia's "Edwin A. Salt," has signed to develop and direct "Captain Blood," Warner Bros.' long-gestating remake of the swashbuckling 1935 classic.

The Academy Award-nominated pirate movie starred Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland and Basil Rathbone and was based on a novel by Rafael Sabatini. Set in the 1600s, it tells the story of a doctor who is convicted for treason against the King of England, sold into slavery and escapes to high seas as a pirate. (The book also was adapted in 1924 by the Vitagraph Co.)

Warners made the film with First Nation Pictures and has been trying to develop a remake for decades. In the early '90s, Jonathan Hensleigh, Chuck Russell and Frank Darabont took stabs at scripts.

A search for writers is under way.

Bill Gerber is producing. Warners is developing as a possible U.K./Australia co-production. Matt Reilly and Elishia Holmes are overseeing for the studio.

Noyce, repped by WMA, last directed 2006's "Catch a Fire."

Jay A. Fernandez contributed to this report.

Web Story

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Warner Bros has a remake of *Captina Blood* in the Pipeline.

I'm guessing that's a typo. Otherwise, it may be Gena Davis. (Which some people might like - I thought she was pretty wooden in her piratess role myself.)

They should have me play the role. Peter Blood is a surgeon, you know. :blink: (Please to note: It is a joke. I would be absolutely hopeless, not to mention useless as an actor.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Sigh the only way they could make captian blood any better would be to colourize it........ i wish em luck in the making but with the past attempts at remakes it is a wait and see.

Although you have to admit a "Captina Blood" would be fun :blink:

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

I'm guessing that's a typo. Otherwise, it may be Gena Davis. (Which some people might like - I thought she was pretty wooden in her piratess role myself.)

Wooden eh? Now that could be rough indeed, 'n them splinters can really hurt!

Perhaps they can get Jessica Simpson, those might be rubber....rubber is good, no spinters!! :blink:

Sadly, I think Heath Ledger would have been a good choice.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I definitely think this would be the job for a non-action hero type - no Gerard Butlers or such. Blood was a doctor, and a relectant pirate. He was about brains and honor - sort of the Dr. Ryan of the pirate world.

Not that our speculations mean much - Hollywood will do what Hollywood will do. Personally, I think Captain Blood could make for a splendid remake. Now as to whether I have faith in Hollywood to actually do so, that's a different question B)

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Not that our speculations mean much - Hollywood will do what Hollywood will do. Personally, I think Captain Blood could make for a splendid remake. Now as to whether I have faith in Hollywood to actually do so, that's a different question B)

Now them be some words I must agree to, after all, if Hollywood be think'n o' turn'n POTC4 into some kind of Wizard O' Oz fly'n monkey scheme (uh, no offense there Bilge...) then perhaps they should leave well enough alone, that be me take o' it.

...now I do be wonder'n, does that Heath bloke keep any actress's phone numbers in he's ledger???

B)

John Goodman or Steve Buscemi.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Denzel Washington or Will Smith

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Will Ferrell or John C. Reilly.

And who's going to play Levasseur? Steve Carrel!

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Too bad Don Knotts is dead. <_<

ROTDLMAO!!!!! (well said yer'self!)

Or Bob Denver.

At least he was already sea worthy!! <_<

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 2 weeks later...

web page

as the article says good luck filling his boots.

I think Russel Crowe would be great for this part. Val Kilmer seems to be doing nothing much these days...hmmm. Hugh I don't see as a pirate at all. He is great in the musical Oklahoma..fine siging voice. Christian I don't see as a pirate either. Brad Pitt...nawww... Mathew is too busy getting into nudity trouble...lmao...

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

• 3 months later...