Pirates of Paynetown - Southern Indiana

historyfanatic

Hello everyone,

Wanted to remind you that Pirates of Paynetown is just around the corner. We still have some room for camps, but space is filling FAST! We are now more than halfway to our maximum camp limit of 50 camps.

It is important that you pre-register! You will not be able to set up and participate if you do not register!

Please go to www.piratesofpaynetown.orgto register.

So who is planning on coming?

We currently have over 30 camps registered, 9 boats, 7 cannons and a LOT of pirates!

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

Militia Captain, Merchant Sailor, Tailor, Brewer, Gunrunner and Occassional Pirate...

www.piratesofpaynetown.org

www.taylor-rosehistorical.com

www.ladywashington.org

Bleedin' devils. ;)

I had hoped I'd be able to make it this year. But recent issues have made it impossible for me t' do so.

I do hope to make it next year though. ;)

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Well said Maddogge.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Great Lakes River Pirates are very much looking forward to this event. The reservoir is so beautiful this time of year, even more so when full of all those fantastic period boats. Thank you again for all your hard work to keep it alive Nathan! Rest assured, it hasn't gone unnoticed or unappreciated.

See everyone in a few weeks.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

We need volunteers to do programs. If anyone is coming and is interested in performing or doing something exciting and visible, ie harrass the public, etc, let me know! Thanks!

ALSO: We only have 17 tickets left. Once they're all sold, we will hold the drawing. Why wait if they're all sold, right? Pirates have no patience... B)

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

Militia Captain, Merchant Sailor, Tailor, Brewer, Gunrunner and Occassional Pirate...

www.ladywashington.org

:::le sigh:::

:lol:

I truly wish I could be there. Alas, unable to. Damnable! I swear one o' these years I'll make it.

~Lady B

:angry:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Well folks, it's getting closer! Here is the schedule. (Subject to change...)

Remember, you can always come visit for the day even if you can't camp. (I recommend this for locals...)

We still have about 5 slots open for campsites if anyone is interested in registering. Remember, you MUST be pre-registered to camp!

Pirates of Paynetown Schedule

Friday: Camp set-up and impromptu piracy

Saturday:

11:00 AM - Swordfight duel: Mike Dollinger and Steve Thomas

1:00 PM - Live Music: Sea Chanteys and Songs by Lance Minnis as Jack Salt

3:00 PM – Sea/Land Battle

4:00 PM - Pirate Wedding

Sunday:

11:00 AM – Swordfight Duel: Mike Dollinger and Steve Thomas

1:00 PM – Sea/Land Battle

2:00 PM – Pirate Funeral

3:00 PM – Live Music: Sea Chanteys and Songs by Lance Minnis as Jack Salt

Also, interpretations off and on throughout the day:

Widow Black’s CoffeeHouse – “Long before Starbucks! Come see where people gathered and conversed in the 17th and 18th centuries!” (No coffee sales…)

Kristoff the Wine Merchant – “Upper-class snobbery at its best!” (No wine sales…)

The Boatwright’s Shop – “Discuss and learn about tools of the trade for making boats in the 17th and 18th centuries.”

Diana Stevens, Spinner – “See wool and other fibers turned into yarn on a traditional spinning wheel”

Great Lakes River Pirates – “Learn what REAL local pirates were like on the Great Lakes and the Ohio River during the 18th and 19th Centuries. “

Tim Williams – “Local artist paints sea and pirate-themed artwork right before your eyes!”

Mick Cain – “Local blacksmith makes hand-forged metalware with traditional tools.” (Saturday only)

Plus watch period boats sailing around the lake, historical pirates in camp, cannons, 18th Century British, Scottish and French government troops, period merchants, and lots of fun! All the pirates will talk to you, so feel free to interact!

There is also a possibility of a super-amazing top-secret show that might happen if the crew can make it... :)

We also have some really cool stuff planned for the battles and other interpretations!

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

www.ladywashington.org